20L+ Hydration Pack

Anybody have a recommendation for a larger hydration pack? Headed across the pond soon to do some MTB riding, and am hoping to fit everything in one bag (will be staying in huts and hotels). Current system would be a 40L pack and an old MULE (12L?), but I can easily pare that down into one bag in between those sizes. Thinking 20-30L. Doesn't necessarily need to be geared for a bladder, as long as it carries well.

HMG Daybreak

Lots of people ride with Osprey Talon 22 including myself. Nice light pack but it is probably small for what you're doing. Also have decided I'm not a fan of the large single compartment. Always have to dig for stuff and often have to remove a bunch of things to get the bladder back in after a fill.

I had a Manta 30 for a bunch of years and loved that pack. Perfect size and useful pockets. The new manta 36 they sent me is too big except for longer trips. Might work well for you. Pricey though... Seems hard to go wrong with Osprey once you've picked the right model. Lifetime no questions guarantee.

I have an EVOC fr Trail, I think it's 30l, like it a lot. Often ride with it fairly empty and it works well that way too so I don't use a smaller pack.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin267 View Post
    I have an EVOC fr Trail, I think it's 30l, like it a lot. Often ride with it fairly empty and it works well that way too so I don't use a smaller pack.
    Concur. I have an evoc hip and now an evoc stage 18, really impressed by their stuff. Rides a bit better on my back then my old raptor 14, seems to sit higher and more natural, less pull on my shoulders. Give EVOC a shot is my .02

I have an evoc explorer 30 and the evoc fr trail 20. I traveled through Europe for a month with only the explorer 30. I did not have enough room in the 20l to do a self supported 2 night bikepack trip.
    The fr trail is a better fit, with a removable back protector. The explorer 30 really loads up, and I appreciate the "separate" compartment when im stashing dirty or wet clothes.
    Both buckles are shit, I would swap immediately.

I have a Camelbak KUDU 20 and while it's a great pack, it's definitely small for "20L"

I also have a Gregory Z30 (now called the Zulu 30) and while not a bike specific pack, have used it for biking and it works great. Carries well, etc. It seems a tiny bit small for 30L so might fit your needs nicely.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. The EVOC stuff looks great - I've always been interested in it based on that alone. Their distribution seems pretty light in the US otherwise I'd have likely tried more of their stuff by now. Trying to track down both the FR trail and E30 or E26 to look at.

Bonus points to adrenalated for suggesting something from REI, given that I'm crunched for time and shipping stuff probably isn't an option (my own damn fault).

x3 or 4 on EVOC. Massive carrying capacity. Rides so well. Full gnarly Enduro with steeps and jumps and chunky stair-stepy stuff and it goes unnoticed.
    Hot in hot weather, but that’s because it’s actually a solid load carrying design. Oh, and the giant hip belt.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.