Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Re rescue heli; have a message out to Swiss Alpine Club and combed REGA & SnowAssist.
    SnowAssist doesn't cover off piste adventure. Rega seems to be $30 annual contribution - does this cover you well?
    Anyone have decisive beta and pulled the trigger yet?
    Get rega. It covers heli rescue anywhere in Switz. There is also Air Glaciers which is based in the valais, but the two rescue orgs are complementary. They cover for each other, doesn't matter who picks you up.

Needs to be mentioned to be mindful of responsibility - guides (the person guiding) can be held liable or even criminally prosecuted in the event of a death. A good reason to hire a real guide. I'm always a but reluctant to offer up being the lead for that reason.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    Get rega. It covers heli rescue anywhere in Switz. There is also Air Glaciers which is based in the valais, but the two rescue orgs are complementary. They cover for each other, doesn't matter who picks you up.

Needs to be mentioned to be mindful of responsibility - guides (the person guiding) can be held liable or even criminally prosecuted in the event of a death. A good reason to hire a real guide. I'm always a but reluctant to offer up being the lead for that reason.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk
    I’ll get Rega. If you come to the Arena pre BBI we’ll have some skiers assembled. Let’s roll!

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Here ya go mike
    but I'm looking for a straight on piste setup withOUT touring gear. I'm sure the linked place would have that, but seems it would be easier to rent closer to Vendul's place for ease of pickup and return rather than taking the train to Andermatt village and renting there. I would expect one down towards the Dieni gondola which appears to be the closest place to Vendul's to access the Sedrun - Andermatt lift system (and from which it appears you can ski, lift-served, all the way to Andermatt). I'll email Vendul, but, if anyone has any on the ground familiarity, let me know.

Don't worry about rentals.. there are a few here in the village, all very competent and convenient

THE INFO I GOT FROM THE SKIARENA WORKER WAS ACTUALLY WRONG ( IT IS SO IF YOU BUY IT AT THE COUNTER, BUT NOT THROUGH TICKETCORNER)
    I'VE CONTACTED TICKETCORNER AND THEY SEE WHAT THEY CAN DO!!!!! NOW I'LL GET THE SKIARENA TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

THEY SAID THAT YOU CAN CONTACT TICKET CORNER CANCEL YOUR ORDER AND PLACE A NEW ONE BUT I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S CONVENIENT.... I'LL SEE IF THERE'S ANYTHING ALSE I CAN DO

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    but I'm looking for a straight on piste setup withOUT touring gear. I'm sure the linked place would have that, but seems it would be easier to rent closer to Vendul's place for ease of pickup and return rather than taking the train to Andermatt village and renting there. I would expect one down towards the Dieni gondola which appears to be the closest place to Vendul's to access the Sedrun - Andermatt lift system (and from which it appears you can ski, lift-served, all the way to Andermatt). I'll email Vendul, but, if anyone has any on the ground familiarity, let me know.
    i have an extra set of piste skis - head 177s bsl 349 (i think can be adjusted). otherwise i can check around for a spare set.

Rolling out of zrh towards the gotthard area
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Other tickets:
    Lucas Rons
    Greg Ireton
    Adam Hevenor
    one under the name Michele Vendul

Quote Originally Posted by vendul View Post
    Other tickets:
    Lucas Rons
    Greg Ireton
    Adam Hevenor
    Should have a Jacob showing up in next couple days.

Sent you an email on the 22nd to confirm room stuff. Hoping I can make it there by night of 14th with a flight lading in Zurich at at 15:40.

First EuroBBI Thursday March 21, 2019

THEY SAID THAT YOU CAN CONTACT TICKET CORNER CANCEL YOUR ORDER AND PLACE A NEW ONE BUT I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S CONVENIENT.... I'LL SEE IF THERE'S ANYTHING ALSE I CAN DO
    Is this in regards to adding Disentis to the Areana pass?
    I’d partake in the 20th, day trip.
    Last edited by CascadeLuke; 03-07-2019 at 09:09 AM.

happy birthday, buster!!!

I am digging this pattern. Hopefully it keeps it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what mine says
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2598.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	1,010.6 KB 
ID:	272897

I like to watch this...

http://meteox.com/forecastloop.aspx?type=1

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Other tickets:
    Lucas Rons
    Greg Ireton
    Adam Hevenor
    the Michel Vendul one is mine. Wasn't sure if to me "care of" would translate, so I just combined your real name and screen name. Should be 2 cards in there.

i have an extra set of piste skis - head 177s bsl 349 (i think can be adjusted). otherwise i can check around for a spare set.
    Thanks Ripz, but those are a little long for my wife (that's what she said...). Based on interaction with Vendul, I am now relaxed about the rentals. He says several places in the general neighborhood and even offered to drive us to one!

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Is this in regards to adding Disentis to the Areana pass?
    I’d partake in the 20th, day trip.
    in for the 20th too. We need all guests to sign up for this so Vendul can join us...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    Thanks Ripz, but those are a little long for my wife (that's what she said...). Based on interaction with Vendul, I am now relaxed about the rentals. He says several places in the general neighborhood and even offered to drive us to one!
    Ah for your wife, I've also got my wife's skis. I think they are 160-164.

But then again I'm there from 20-24. Arriving hopefully 10-11ish on wed.

Ah for your wife, I've also got my wife's skis. I think they are 160-164.

But then again I'm there from 20-24. Arriving hopefully 10-11ish on wed.

I'm there 17-20, so will need to go ahead and rent. Thanks again for the offer, and I'll see you on the 20th.

Other tickets:
    Adam Hevenor
    Awesome. Thanks for confirming.

You boys seem to have timed the trip perfectly for classic Euro conditions. Oodles of fresh powder before you arrive followed by wall to wall sunshine during the trip. The question is, after experiencing the Euro stoke, how will you go back?

I am weighing my luggage and coming to the conclusion it will cost me $200 to bring two pairs of skis...so I am thinking I'll bring one pair (fat skis w/alpine binders) and rent if/when I want to skin. This make sense to other folks? Should I do the opposite? I figure I'll be spending more time going downhill than up. My boots are compatible with both traditional alpine and dynafit so I think I am set there.

I'm arriving at Rueras/Sedrun on Tuesday the 19th at 1330, is that too late to get a few afternoon runs in?

Quote Originally Posted by hev View Post
    I am weighing my luggage and coming to the conclusion it will cost me $200 to bring two pairs of skis...so I am thinking I'll bring one pair (fat skis w/alpine binders) and rent if/when I want to skin. This make sense to other folks? Should I do the opposite? I figure I'll be spending more time going downhill than up. My boots are compatible with both traditional alpine and dynafit so I think I am set there.
    This is exactly what I’m doing. I figure I’ll be spending 80% of my time on alpine skis and will rent touring gear a few days.