Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Well just when I've gotten organized and ordered lift tickets ahead of time....forecast rolls in for 8-12" of snow on the afternoon of my departure. Serves me right for trying to plan ahead. Hopefully British Airways figures something out...

A couple of us are discussing how to best book and plan the train to Sedrun. We’ve been on sbb and trainline.com(eu) can any experienced mag offer up info??
    Wondering if you book online, do you need to refill an existing physical card or can you travel on digital (phone) type confirmation?
    At ZRH Flughafen seems there are two platforms/areas Fracht or Bahnhof?
    Any other helpful info or tips appreciated

I do not have specific recommendations for your itinerary. That said, all the agents at the Swiss train stations speak English and are very helpful (like it is there job). The efficiency and organization is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    A couple of us are discussing how to best book and plan the train to Sedrun. We’ve been on sbb and trainline.com(eu) can any experienced mag offer up info??
    Wondering if you book online, do you need to refill an existing physical card or can you travel on digital (phone) type confirmation?
    SBB should be your best bet. Looks like there’s a train every 30 min that can get you to Sedrun from ZRH. Not sure what ZRH Fracht is. Bahnhof sounds like the better bet to me.

There’s an SBB app on which you can buy tickets and have digitally, but may require some hassle. If buying in advance, you should be able to print a paper ticket at home/office or pick one up at window.

Quote Originally Posted by bw_wp_hedonism View Post
    SBB should be your best bet. Looks like there’s a train every 30 min that can get you to Sedrun from ZRH. Not sure what ZRH Fracht is. Bahnhof sounds like the better bet to me.

There’s an SBB app on which you can buy tickets and have digitally, but may require some hassle. If buying in advance, you should be able to print a paper ticket at home/office or pick one up at window.
    Or if you buy it online they should send you a digital ticket which will scan. The email should scan no problem but I always send the pdf to iBooks as a backup.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thanks fellas, that’s helpful!

No need to book tickets in advanced. Super easy buy from any kisok in the station good for the day.

If you know exactly what train you want you can book a super saver ticket in advanced with discount.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Fracht means freight, so not for passenger trains, Bahnhof is the train station. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post
    If you know exactly what train you want you can book a super saver ticket in advanced with discount.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk
    Make sure your connecting flight is on time if you purchase the super saver. They usually are good for a single train only. Don’t be late.

Pick up your stuff, walk through customs, follow the signs for bahnhof, take the escalator downstairs and the ebb ticket window is on your right.
    I have either bought specific tickets there or had my rural pass validated there. They all speak good English.
    You will want to go to Rueras, one of several small villages around Sedrum. You have to request a stop there when you’re just about there, so be aware of all the stops. The ebb link I provided will tell you.
    You can get to Rueras via Chur or Goeschenen. Chur is easier, Goeschenen is more scenic.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Can’t edit on phone: meant ebb ticket window on right

Sbb sbb sbb sbb. Fucking hate autocorrect

I assume there is no problem missing the first day of a multi-day pass? Looks like I"m getting blizzarded on my way out tomorrow and will likely be a day behind.

For anyone not on the WhatsApp chat -- if folks want to tour for a couple days and spend a night or two in huts, Dan @ Andermatt Guides seems like he'd be open to having people join for first few days of Urner Haute route, starting on the 19th. You can ski out a summer road after the 2nd day (or 2nd night).

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    I'm arriving at Rueras/Sedrun on Tuesday the 19th at 1330, is that too late to get a few afternoon runs in?
    Actually not because your lift tickets are valid starting 2,30p.m. the day before

First EuroBBI Thursday March 21, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by vendul View Post
    Actually not because your lift tickets are valid starting 2,30p.m. the day before
    I made some changes to my lift tickets and canceled the other ones. You should be getting another set for Aaron any day. See ya Friday afternoon!

Sorry, got it on monday and I forgot to write it here

So stoked for you guys. Really look forward to the reports
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

+1

Arriving in Aosta Valley 21 March with Ms Island Bay. Would have loved to join you good people and say hello. Have fun and take photos.

Low tide in the Dolomites. Lots of skiing still to be had here but you will have more snow and options on the north side. Really hoping you guys do the first two days of the Urner.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Supposed to fly out today -- not happening despite BAs insistence my flight is on time.

Being given the option to take a flight Friday night, into Rueras Saturday night.

Or they are saying I can wait til my flight is officially canceled, then they have more rebooking options (other airlines, not just OneWorld, maybe class bumps, etc).

What do what do? Take certain 2 day delay and miss two days of paid for skiing, or hope they'll get me there faster.

@vendul -- I'll email you when I actually have an estimate of when I'll show up.

fuck man, sorry. travel bobbles suck

Shitty dude. It is a special kinda suck when your departing airport gets shut down before the vacation gets going. There are better airlines wizards than me, but I'd book the sure thing and then see if you can improve your situation.

Perhaps look into different departure airports and also the "leave now" option. Is DIA currently functional? Seems like you just need to get out of Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Shitty dude. It is a special kinda suck when your departing airport gets shut down before the vacation gets going. There are better airlines wizards than me, but I'd book the sure thing and then see if you can improve your situation.
    Booking sure thing is now Saturday getting in Sunday -- previous agent was wrong (had pulled up business class.) Supposedly more they can do once my flight is officially canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Perhaps look into different departure airports and also the "leave now" option. Is DIA currently functional? Seems like you just need to get out of Denver.
    Denver is the problem, the biggest problem is everything nearby out is booked solid as United, SW, and many others canceled flights and rebooked clients via alt options.

Seems like I should've put those lift tickets on a card with travel cancellation benefits rather than the no foreign transaction fee.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Booking sure thing is now Saturday getting in Sunday -- previous agent was wrong (had pulled up business class.) Supposedly more they can do once my flight is officially canceled.

Denver is the problem, the biggest problem is everything nearby out is booked solid as United, SW, and many others canceled flights and rebooked clients via alt options.

Seems like I should've put those lift tickets on a card with travel cancellation benefits rather than the no foreign transaction fee.
    Has this maybe got to do with 737 max 8 planes being grounded in Europe? Not sure if they are used for long haul flights. That is really shitty, sorry for those of you affected.