Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Well in Phoenix we've already learned how to deal with shit weather so as long as we don't run out of water we will tell climate change to eat shit.

Quote Originally Posted by core2 View Post
    <snip> as long as we don't run out of water we will tell climate change to eat shit.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Again, the fish are winning.
    Sarcasm, I hope...if not, dumbest post of the year.

https://www.noaa.gov/resource-collec...-acidification

https://www.biologicaldiversity.org/...cean_plastics/

Again, the fish are winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    More WINNING!

Hurricane Florence Leaves Thousands of Dead, Rotting Fish on Highway

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod...f?resize=980:*
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Every part? The fish will enjoy all the new swimmable space along the shores, lots of good morsels of food and places to hide and make babies.
    the fish will be dead from rising water temps, deoxygenation of waters and overfishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    I've long thought that Hazelton is the sweet spot in the area. Not sure i would want to raise a family or work there though.
    Agreed...along with Kitwanga and Meziadin Lake areas....if I had my druthers, all three locations would have cities the size of Saskatoon there...no wait, all three would have Saskatoon and copies thereof after moving said city from the flatlands to the mountains. imo the Terrace townsite is in the wrong location...should either be up on the bench and extend northward to protect from the horrendous winter screaming arctic outflows and extreme skeena river flooding events, or, located where Rosswood is, cause for many reasons, that would have been a superior townsite.
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Yes. Sarcasm smart-assedness is my speciality here

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Agreed...along with Kitwanga and Meziadin Lake areas....if I had my druthers, all three locations would have cities the size of Saskatoon there...no wait, all three would have Saskatoon and copies thereof after moving said city from the flatlands to the mountains. imo the Terrace townsite is in the wrong location...should either be up on the bench and extend northward to protect from the horrendous winter screaming arctic outflows and extreme skeena river flooding events, or, located where Rosswood is, cause for many reasons, that would have been a superior townsite.
    Smithers is built on a swamp so you could say it is in the wrong spot as well. On both the extremities (north-west where the golf course is, and south-east where the mill is located) there is loads of dry ground. Both would have been preferable to the actual town site. About 2/3 of Smithers residents are dependent on sump pumps in order to stay dry.

I've long thought that Hazelton is the sweet spot in the area. Not sure i would want to raise a family or work there though.
    Yep. Can't be easy there. But man, the terrain.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

If wishes were horses then beggars might ride
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    If wishes were horses then beggars might ride
    I thought it was "would" ride. Fuck Al, come on!!!
    ha. You make it south and east, come to castle eh.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

might , would wtf eh ?

I have an offspring working the oil industry in cow town so you never know
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Smile

It was hot enough a couple times this past summer in Victoria, B.C. that I had to turn a fan on in my bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Terrace summers will be far too hot and dry. My bucks are on Rupert or Haida Gwaii if shit really does go sideways within our lifetime. Rupert and H.G. with drier, longer summers would be paradise and a bump of average temps wouldn't be enough to ruin the temps in the 'just right' range of the 15 degree C average daily high.
    I was thinking of Stewart

Or Haines junction

Whitehorse isn't bad either.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post

Or Haines junction
    Stewart has Tsunami written all over it. But what a cool place. I've always loved it there but again, the family and job situation would be rough. For my money, Smithers strikes the perfect balance between mountain fun and also a decent town for other, more 'adulty' considerations like kids and jobs and culture.

And whitehorse is cool too but since this a ski centered message board, i have to say the proximity to skiing is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Unpossible. People here have told me that the east coast has no water issues whatsoever (other than too much of it).
    This response is speaking of Iowa, which is midwest not East.

Fewer rain events but the events are bigger and way wetter. This summer the northern half of Iowa was wetter than normal while the southern half languished in drought. We had flooding early this summer and today our river is cresting again at near 18 ft for the second time this month. The old record was 20 ft going back to the 1800's (blown out by the 32 ft crest in 08 and 22 ft last summer) and now we come close to that on the regular but it isn't a spring runoff event anymore combined with seasonal spring rains...the extreme rain events seem to happen all year and even in the fall which was traditionally a dryer season for us. In between rain events it gets hot and dry for a week, or two, or three, or if we are stuck in the wrong side of the jetstream for even longer. It puts stress on trees, crops, and wildlife.

Our weather here used to flow mostly from the west especially in the winter. Now it flows from the north or the south as the jetstream experiences greater amplitude and has less of a tendency to be pulled back into an east west alignment. So greater variability. Greater chance of rain in the dead of winter. Colder cold weather warmer warm spells.

All in all it makes Iowa even shittier than it already was. Livability index is still good compared to much of the country, especially for raising kids.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post

Or Haines junction
    Like A.P. said, Stewart is in a zone of low probability high consequence events of tsunamis....both the earthquake kind AND the huge landslide ones that dump a mountainside down into the portland canal.

Not only that but Stewart is all flat and just above sea level...lookin' long term as oceans rise, the town's gonna have to move to higher ground.

Meziadin Lake for the win!

900 feet a.s.l., on the right side of the pass, skiing within minutes drive, high elevation mountains and glaciers as hedge against slight warming of average temps.

I love Stewart. In present days; if it was juuuuust a bit bigger, let's say Terrace size and if there was a 'north van' style of suburbs with houses safely up on the hillside on the newly appropriated/nationalized Hyder, I'd move there in a heartbeat and likely never make it east of Mez Junction for the rest of my days.
    Master of mediocrity.

You make it sound more ugly than money.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

The future is here

Short stories about snow and rock, and pictures, too

And whitehorse is cool too but since this a ski centered message board, i have to say the proximity to skiing is an issue.
    After living in Whitehorse for 2 winters in the early 2000's I can say that great skiing, albeit human/sled powered is pretty damn close by. Whitepass, highway to Haines to name a few.

I'd say anywhere above the Arctic Circle or below the Antarctic Circle should be good. I wonder what an acre of glacier in Greenland is going for now. Once that ice melts you could make a fortune--assuming any currency, including crypto, is worth anything then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pow View Post
    Already moved there

Llandeilo, Carmarthenshire, Wales
    We watch these RE shows that feature properties in the UK and Yurp. I could definitely talk my wife into a spot in Wales. For me, BC is likely a better call in the short term, as it is closer to my kids. I hope to live in Yurp for a few years before I pass, but that is many years away still or so I hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

One thing I see people never seem to get is that not only is the ocean getting warmer.... it is also GETTING MORE ACIDIC!!! This is its own cataclysmic disaster! Water is critical to all live on earth. Even if you can move far enough north to avoid the ensuing Sahara like conditions, you won't escape the death of the largest body of water on our "water planet"! After all we are mostly made of water. It is looking like death, is the only real escape from these catastrophic changes.

But then again, I never graduated from the Timmy McVeigh Institute of Flat Earth Studies, so what do I know. I am sure that if the 1 % have enough money to free base, when ever they need an ego boost, that everything will be just great!

ALL TOGETHER NOW...
    repeat after me...

"I pledge my grievance, to the flag, of the cor-pirate hates of amerika
    and to the plunder for which it stand
    one nation, under gold, with liberty and justice for everyone who can afford it."

Enjoy the end of days, it's going to be just swell!