Pisgah, Dupont Beta

Riding Pisgah end of October. We went there last year, rented bikes at The Hub, and rode 2 or 3 trails pretty close to The Hub. Those were some pretty good climbs, excellent DH, but probably a bit advanced for the rest of my crew. We rode about 6 hours in 2 days, and 90% was climbing. I LOVE climbing. It is a disease that few others have.

Looking at Dupont for this round. Anyone know the area well?

We are staying in a sweet 3 BR cabin in Brevard. Really looking fwd to some chill biking, cool weather, and some good friends.

Sounds like Dupont is what you are looking for. Was there a few years ago with the family and we all had fun. Hub folks drew on a map for me and created some big loops with directions, with plenty of scenic stops and water for the pup along the way.

Pisgah, Dupont Beta

This post lays it out. We focused on Pisgah, but did a ride at DuPont. DuPont was fun but the descents are shorter and I got the sense that you could ride most of it in a long day. I absolutely loved Pisgah, so I’m biased.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...48#post5146248
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Sounds like DuPont is perfect for you. You can get in there and spin for hours.
    1. Do at least one run that takes you down Ridgeline. Kind of the classic flow trail that everyone talks about.
    2. Get to the top of Big Rock. It’s beautiful. Pick whatever way you want to co e down, but I recommend Cedar Rock. It’ll give you a really fun, really unique SE slickrock experience.
    3. Tick off as many waterfalls as you can. Take the side hikes to see them. It’s where you’ll get the pics that’ll make your friends and family jealous.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Sounds like DuPont is perfect for you. You can get in there and spin for hours.
    1. Do at least one run that takes you down Ridgeline. Kind of the classic flow trail that everyone talks about.
    2. Get to the top of Big Rock. It’s beautiful. Pick whatever way you want to co e down, but I recommend Cedar Rock. It’ll give you a really fun, really unique SE slickrock experience.
    3. Tick off as many waterfalls as you can. Take the side hikes to see them. It’s where you’ll get the pics that’ll make your friends and family jealous.
    X2 on this. I rented a Nomad from the Hub and rode Dupont. Probably overkill but the trails are super fun. Coming from CO, the climbs were mellow and short but fun. I felt like we rode a pretty good selection of the trails there in one day. ~25ish miles.

Wish we could have checked out more in Pisgah but it was when they had big fires and the air got shitty for the rest of our stay.

ETA: this just popped up on my feed: https://www.singletracks.com/blog/mt...lvania-county/

Thanks for the info-

Let's get one thing straight though, Pisgah is where I want to ride. The rest of my crew will appreciate Dupont. I loved Pisgah, but the 18 year old in my head gets my 45 year old body in trouble, so Dupont should be a safer bet.

Friend of a friend owns Pilot Cove, but they were booked solid for the leaf gapers that weekend. I look forward to staying there. They invited us to try out their flow track last time, but we were toast. Probably going to hit it this time right after we rent the bikes at The Hub.
    I rented the medium Bronson again this time. Fell in love with that bike last time.

Bag- I'll browse your thread. Thanks

Threw some photos up on the pic thread.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...93#post5500193

Great time- 28 miles in 2.5 days. Pretty good for an old man. Dupont was soaked the first day.
    We rode Big Rock that day. Next day was a 14 mile crusher, mostly due to the edibles kicking in 1/3 of the way down Ridgeline. There was no way we were driving anywhere at that point, and that downhill was about as much fun as I've had on a bike in a long while.
    Last day was Pisgah, and it again kicked my ass, but it felt great. Took a huge surprise slam on Black Mountain coming off the downside of a bridge, hauling ass. Slick leaves on the downside of the bridge slid on me like ice, and I endo'd from about 3 feet up right into sharp cold rocks. Shocked I didn't break something, other than the bike. Derailer was f'd after that, but as long as I paid attention to my gears, it was manageable. Somehow rode another 6 miles after that slam, despite most of my right side being one big bruise and scrape.

Good times. Can't wait till next year.