Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Spokane use to have Huckleberries. It was a stand alone store on the Southhill in the 90s. Wholefoods like before wholefoods.

Some days I miss Spokane.
    Yup - on Monroe - think it's still there. Used to shop there all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    it is interesting. i spend about 1/3 of my weekends in spokane/deer park/cda, and am always amazed at how cheap yokes and a few others are. i’ve heard rosauers is creeping up in prices as well, which also feels weird.
    The Yokes in Richland has really high prices IMO.

Forgot - we have a Grocery Outlet here. Good prices but you can't always count on the same products from week to week.

Huckleberry’s is killing it and expanding.

i shop largely at grocery outlet + trader joe’s, both are within a mile. before a million people lived in seattle i used to drive to costco regularly, and winco once in a while. i’ve never kept up with the super modern grocery options as a consumer (not a fan of subscription services in general), but they are also super popular amongst my friends/peers.

so I go to safeway with my cheque book to pickup a pint of cream ( you know ... to make some caucasian's eh) and there is none so i ask the asst manager " are you really out of cream or did none get put out ? " so he goes back there and fills the rack with pints of cream

I Duno about down there but up here they are having trouble filling the low wage entry level jobs like safeway and the restaurants have given up advertising for staff ... so shit just doesn't get done
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

If they cant fill jobs they need to pay more.

Around here working at a grocery store is the high end of low wage jobs. They usually have PTO and insurance plus pay above minimum wage and promote from within.

Albertsons Companies, Inc. (Safeway etc. ) making shopping as miserable as possible

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    If they cant fill jobs they need to pay more.
    Would likely not be profitable and store would close.
    Easier and cheaper to change store hours.

If I don’t see something stocked in the refrigerator I go in and look around. Employees typically don’t bat an eye.

Yes I have a lot of good options. I grew up expecting bow tie service at Roth's. It's still the closest store to my house. I have no reason to return to Safeway really. Also, there are lots of little produce and hispanic and other ethnic places even new ones popping up that I haven't been to yet. Safeway is probably losing out on more than just me from the look of it. As for Beaverton that is kind of a long haul but that big huge Asian supermarket is cool. I can get all that stuff at the various little markets near my work. There's one called A Dong market and they have pretty much everything.

A Dong Market?

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    A Dong Market?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adongmarket.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	248439

I hate Safeway with the burning of a thousand suns. Two of the 7 grocers in our town of 70,000 are Safeways, two independent high end, a low-mid regional chain, a Co-Op and a Trader Joes. Safeway is ALWAYS full of customers, produce always picked over and not reloaded, and only 2 checkers working with lines 20 people deep regardless of the time of day. Add to that their insistence on the club card bullshit to reduce their overpriced shit to competitively priced shit (You saved $80 on your $30 purchase today! No, your shit is always massively overpriced) and I just can't stand it. I stick with the local independent high end market, Costco, and the Mexican supermarket in the next town over.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post

How's the bahn mi?

Nice. Reminds me of my mom, born and raised in southwest PA. Still calls Asian people "orientals".

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

This is the local grinder hookup spot for gay dudes. If you go way back, past the bulk spices through the hidden door you get to go in the private harddong/bigdong room. It's tough making a living selling asian groceries in Salem so it's all about the diversification.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    This is the local grinder hookup spot for gay dudes. If you go way back, past the bulk spices through the hidden door you get to go in the private harddong/bigdong room. It's tough making a living selling asian groceries in Salem so it's all about the diversification.
    Interesting that you know such specific details about the place...

I hear an A Dong might be coming to Londonderry.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang