Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    What size/color indicators are you bringing?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    What size/color indicators are you bringing?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Only the red ones, duh.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Sneak peek: skunked. Pretty sure the guide had never been there at low tide. Particularly a new moon low tide. We both fished hard for four solid hours. He spinning, me fly. Not a strike for either. I tried six different patterns, as did he. His last trip they hooked a dozen tarpon in three hours. Nada. Three amberjack on the way out, which we gave to the capitan, before we fired up the outboard and blazed back to Dzilam Bravo. Guide bought lunch, he was still pissed. Highlight of lunch was meeting three young enviro advocates working for http://www.verderesponsable.org/ . I was stoked to pass a few pesos down to cover their beers, they're working toward sustainable growth, both in industry and tourism. Damn smart kids.

but a fkn cool place. Crocs, spoonbills, flamingos, not another boat in miles all day. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4634.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1,022.5 KB 
ID:	255998

Heading out with the pulpo fishermen at 6:30am, they kept going ENE after we headed in to the mangroves after 40 minutes up the coast, there were 30-40 boats all heading out-

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4569.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	255999

As soon as we dropped in to the mangroves we started hitting bottom, had to shut the motor off and pole. Just to get to the area a mile away where we planned to start poling...

Name:	IMG_4597.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	749.3 KB 
ID:	256000

Overall a great time. The guide was an arrogant American asshole, was so pissed off that neither of us had even one strike. I had to try and convince him that it was still fun...a beautiful little corner of Mexico, that while my friends home were scraping windshields--- we were wearing shorts with ice cold cervezas in the cooler and the capitan passing up mota every hour. Life was good, why yes, yes it was...

Name:	IMG_4585.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	997.6 KB 
ID:	256002

Thanks to telee and all for the gear and insights, had a blast....but that's why it's not called catching...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4609.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	256001  
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Good attitude Tye.

Nice pics Tye.

Nice work Tye!

Yucatan tarpon and snook, with TR!

Can you elaborate on this guide? An American guide that hired a local boat to take you fishing? Seems odd. How did you get hooked up with him?

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Can you elaborate on this guide? An American guide that hired a local boat to take you fishing? Seems odd. How did you get hooked up with him?
    Facebook. https://www.yucatansnook.com/ . Next time i'll just go to the restaurant at the end of the road and look for Darwin, he's the capitan and knows where to go...

Nice!@ I have been waiting for this. I was curious about the asshole American guide too. I found the same thing in Belize, the first time I went through a US company and now I have a 3 or 4 local dudes I can go to when I get there. Way better and cuts out the middle man.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?