Snakes on a drivetrain

Damn this makes my neck hair bristle

. . .

I've had it with these muthafuckin snakes on a muthafuckin drivetrain!
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Years ago I was riding behind my wife on the Road Apple Rally course in Farmington, NM, but not during a race. She rides over a foot long snake and the front tire flings it up on her ankle. She starts screaming and peddling faster and the snake keeps winding up her leg. Finally she jumps off the bike and the snake drops off. Not a poisonous snake, so it was funny. At least to me.
    Last edited by Mudfoot; 09-19-2018 at 09:41 AM.
    Gravity Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    Years ago I as riding behind my wife on the Road Apple Rally course in Farmington, NM, but not during a race. She rides over a foot long snake and the front tire flings it up on her ankle. She starts screaming and peddling faster and the snake keeps winding up her leg. Finally she jumps off the bike and the snake drops off. Not a poisonous snake, so it was funny. At least to me.
    Grade-A hilarity.

Was at Galbraith a couple weekends ago, went 10 steps off the trail to take a leak and in midstream realized that there were two king(?) snakes crawling between my legs headed toward the splashing. One was about 18" long, and the other was a bigun, about 3'+. I adjusted my stream accordingly to miss them (you cant stop midstream), finished up, did the jiggle-hop before buttoning up and went on about my ride.

Never saw why people hate snakes so much. Im not friendly with them, but there is quite a ways between my mild dislike for them and my unadulterated scorched earth hatred for spiders. One of the best things about winter is not having to deal with insects/arachnids.