Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by thecazdog View Post
    Sounds grouse - I'm leaning toward the RX or the Q, as the GPO has a bit more bulk than my inner weight weenie is willing to embrace. I've got Shifts and ZGTP boots, and trying to keep it around the 8.5kg mark would be nice. I'm a fit guy, but I'm only getting older!

Maybe I should head the way of the Quixote in the 188, instead of the RX in the 184. Are they comparable? Is one more versatile than the other?

Thanks for indulging one so ignorant in the ways of Praxis. Lastly, what's the closest layup they have to the Soul 7s (including graphics)?
    You should really ping Keith to understand the specific differences between the three and how that will fit into your skiing style. I have a hard time believing the Q is actually lighter than the GPO -- it's likely for that the specs are listed for slightly different layups. Actually, the site sez the stock 188 Q is 9.8# and the stock 187 GPO is 9.4 so I'm not sure where you're getting the idea the Q is lighter...

RX will definitely be less pow specific and more versatile with more camber, less rocker, and minimal taper. Q has a lot going on with it -- more rocker for sure and also an asymmetric sidecut where the outer edges have more taper so they're less hooky.

EDIT- Surely the 32m radius on the RX 184cm is an error?
    Nope. Straight skis are mo better because they're less hooky in funky snow. It's a common misconception that a long radius ski can only make long radius turns. You can often make any turn shape you want, especially if you smear and slarve your turns as opposed to a strict carve.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

did he just ask if Praxis has a topsheet similar to the Soul7
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    did he just ask if Praxis has a topsheet similar to the Soul7
    And a similar build. ((rolls eyes))

Methinks you two are getting trolled...
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

Thought crossed my mind...

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Methinks you two are getting trolled...
    Yep, thought it'd be too obvious.

Going to get in touch with Keith and see what's possible. If all else fails, I'll buy some Rustler 11s.

Quote Originally Posted by thecazdog View Post
    ...I can wait till December to buy when I land in Canada, and budget isn't really a problem..
    If you plan to visit Whistler, and if you like what you see at https://www.priorsnow.com/products/overlord , then you can demo their skis for $25/day. The XTC Carbon version is pretty lightweight for such big skis.

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

- TRADE your heavy BILLYGOATS or PROTESTS for my lightweight versions at this thread

Bob,
    Sounds like JLev didn't take you up on the "TGR influencer" offer? Or Keith came in hard with a new offer?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang