Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    "(edit) I looked into Grimentz/Zinal, but it's expensive up there. If the snow is best there and sucks out East, I may redirect."

Don't be afraid of the other side of the valley too (St. Luc/Chandolin) if you find something cheap there. It's worthy of a day or so over there, and not too much hassle to cross the valley with an express bus morning and late afternoons that only takes about 30 minutes.

I finally found a tolerably priced room in St. Anton (110E/night) walking distance from the St. Anton Bahnhof.
    The trick was to search for "pensiones" rather than "hotels".
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I thought you already knew the Arlberg Buster

Mid March is a bit of a crap shoot in the Alps, in the last 8 years Ive been here Id say 5-6 of those were already springlike and very warm in the middle of March (read spring skiing) and no precip. Id personally shoot for sometime in Feb, as the temps are usually still cool and the precip is generallly more.

Let me know when you're around, Im based outta ZH these days so I may attend your BBI. Don't forget to keep it classy and bring the koolaid

Quote Originally Posted by Alkares View Post
    I thought you already knew the Arlberg Buster
    Never skied in Austria; I've spent wasted relative youth farting around less important ski ratholes in France.

In the amber light of an autumn, my better half agrees that I owe myself a visit and ski further East.

Fuck the kool aid, I'd bring the electric black jello if I could.

I land zrh March 7, head out east, back to Davos on the 15th before clicking and clacking my way to Rueras on the 17th,
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Great Pizza and food at Apartment San Antonio which is at the top of the small hill on the street of the Nasserein. Say hello to Zeppl, the owner. He is a ski bum at heart.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix