Good bootfitter in Denver or Steamboat

In mid-October I'll be driving through Denver and Steamboat and thought I might take this opportunity to get my boots fitted. I don't know any bootfitters, but other threads have suggested Lee, Larry, and One Stop Ski Shop (Steamboat).

Are there other bootfitters I should be considering? I don't need the greatest (or most expensive and hard to book) bootfitter, just someone who is good is probably all I need.
    Last edited by CS2-6; 09-14-2018 at 11:39 PM. Reason: A triple post just felt like showing off

Lee passed away a few years ago.

Larry is an excellent bootfitter; thing is, his shop is so busy now you may or may not actually see Larry when you go in there, and may end up working with one of his other employees. Who are also good, just don't expect to spend a lot of time with Larry.

Lately I have been working with Jeremy at Boot Mechanics and the other guys at Denver Sports Lab (the two companies share a space and work together). Everyone there is excellent and I've been super happy with the results. I've also had work done by Paul at Larson's Ski and Sport and can't complain about anything there, either.

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    In mid-October I'll be driving through Denver and Steamboat and thought I might take this opportunity to get my boots fitted. I don't know any bootfitters, but other threads have suggested Lee, Larry, and One Stop Ski Shop (Steamboat).

Are there other bootfitters I should be considering? I don't need the greatest (or most expensive and hard to book) bootfitter, just someone who is good is probably all I need.

Are there other bootfitters I should be considering? I don't need the greatest (or most expensive and hard to book) bootfitter, just someone who is good is probably all I need. In mid-October I'll be driving through Denver and Steamboat and thought I might take this opportunity to get my boots fitted. I don't know any bootfitters, but other threads have suggested Lee, Larry, and One Stop Ski Shop (Steamboat).

the rare and unique triple post within a single post, bravo.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Larry is the man to see, if you go during a weekday, midday I don't think he'll be that busy in October either.

I can recommend Chuck at A Racer's Edge in Breckenridge and it's not far out of the way. You'll want to call to schedule an appointment.
    Old's Cool.

I've had good luck with Jeff at Boot Fixation. He splits time between Breck and Denver. He's a certified pedorthist in addition to being a bootfitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    the rare and unique triple post within a single post, bravo.
    I have no idea how that happened. Guess I'm just a natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    I don't think he'll be that busy
    I hadn't considered the possibility of seeing the best, really (again, not that I need it). I'll have to give him a call.

Thanks, yall. I'm sure one of them will be able to dial me in easily.

Sorry, bringing up a little older thread. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with boot fitters in Steamboat (or near, like Hayden). I want to get my wife's boots dialed in as a Xmas present. We'll be out there shortly after Xmas, so I thought I'd get her in with someone there - not a lot of good boot fitters in San Diego. OP mentioned One Stop Ski shop, which I saw good reviews of elsewhere. Any personal experience? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob D! View Post
    Sorry, bringing up a little older thread. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with boot fitters in Steamboat (or near, like Hayden). I want to get my wife's boots dialed in as a Xmas present. We'll be out there shortly after Xmas, so I thought I'd get her in with someone there - not a lot of good boot fitters in San Diego. OP mentioned One Stop Ski shop, which I saw good reviews of elsewhere. Any personal experience? Thanks!
    Steamboat Ski and Bike Kare has a number very good fitters. I got to meet and learn with a number of them at Masterfit. (Though most of them were in the Masters-plus / Dark arts classes which are beyond my pay grade.) I can get you some names but I'll have to check my notes. They have a shop at the base of the hill in addition to the one in downtown.
    Last edited by doebedoe; 11-21-2018 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Steamboat Ski and Bike Kare has a number very good fitters. I got to meet and learn with a number of them at Masterfit this fall. (Though most of them were in the Masters-plus / Dark arts classes which are beyond my pay grade.) I can get you some names but I'll have to check my notes. They have a shop at the base of the hill in addition to the one in downtown.
    That would be awesome if you have names of guys (or gals) you'd recommend. I'll call them and try to see if I can reserve a time to make sure the wife can get her boots hooked up! Thanks!

i'd recommend ski & bike kare as well. had footbeds made there and several rounds of boot work. hit the downtown location.

Thanks! We are staying right near the downtown shop. Perfect.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app

Wait wait wait. You are going to Steamboat just after Christmas and you are NOT from Texas? Is that allowed? Is that a change this year?

I was not notified.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob D! View Post

Yeah... I shoulda done more research. Is anywhere safe after Christmas? CB was mobbed last year, too.
    On the flip side, maybe my lack of a drawl will be appreciated!

What boot? Not that I could tell you about Denver or Steamboat... but:

I've learned that some bootfitters are only good and comfortable with alpine boots while others are only good and comfortable with AT... and it also depends on what the boot problem is.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Good point. We're talking alpine boots (Head Advant, I think). She has high arches, wide metatarsal and a bigger calf. She needs more space in the forefoot and (if possible) above the dorsal foot, I think. And help keeping the circulation in the foot. Hopefully nothing too exotic... as far as boot fitting goes.

FYI, I went with Steamboat Ski and Bike Kare. Mike helped my wife and did a fantastic job educating and working with her. I'd definitely recommend!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mike helped my wife and did a fantastic job educating and working with her. I'd definitely recommend!
    Yeah...but what about the boots?

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Yeah...but what about the boots?
    Phrasing!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

These folks are great and have always treated me well and made me feel at home.

If you're still looking, these folks are great, have always treated me well, and made me feel at home.