Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Who reheats their Intuition liners?

I have many days on mine. Maybe 180 days, six years. Should I reheat and mold them? Will it be a dramatic back to square one? Or, close?

I’ve remolded them for different shells, but it seems they lose a bit of volume each time. If you are going to continue with the same shells, maybe not worth it. I have a pair with around 700 days that are still in service, but they are in low volume shells now.
    Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Same experience as Riff. Many remolds, lose a bit of volume each time. Last few molds I used pretty thick toe caps to try to mitigate length loss; that seemed to work well.

Thought i totally wrecked one liner in the last cook...oven thermometer hooped and totally melted the liner. Took it out and it was a soft, soupy, gooey mess. But, stuck it in the shell and did the mold and it worked out fine.

Surprisingly, can't tell the difference from the goodly baked one and the oops one while skiing.
    Master of mediocrity.

After a couple of years I remolded my pwraps that had been molded in mercurys cuz they were too tight in a Vulcan shell even tho its suposed to be the same shell but Vulcan is just a little less volume

So obvioulsy i didnt get any packing out , I went to see tom at intuituon and asked him to sell me some new liners but he said no these are still ok ... come see me in 2 years

I kind of wonder if people who do the frequent remolds have the rong shell/shell size for their feet to begin with ??
    Last edited by XXX-er; 09-14-2018 at 08:49 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

what problem are you trying to solve?

No problem, per se, just wondering if they'll "refresh" and fit a bit tighter. Well, actually, I'm getting a little heel slop, so, yeah, problem. Full Tilt First Chair.

Fuck those liners with the tongues. Powerwraps only. I get like 2 remolds and 200 days. Tops. Fuck their new shit.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Fuck those liners with the tongues. Powerwraps only. I get like 2 remolds and 200 days. Tops. Fuck their new shit.
    What changed in the new liners?

Quote Originally Posted by powderdaybeatsworkday View Post

Are you broke? 180 days? I'd say get new liners. No question.

I love these boots, think I could get another season out of them. If I spent money, I'd go for new boots instead of liner, because the toe piece is wearing down, and not replaceable. Actually ordered new Full Tilts, last year's model, over the Internet, but they were too small.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    No problem, per se, just wondering if they'll "refresh" and fit a bit tighter. Well, actually, I'm getting a little heel slop, so, yeah, problem. Full Tilt First Chair.
    I would add foam to the liner rather the heating the whole thing.

is the movement
    up/down
    side to side
    pronation roll?

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    I would add foam to the liner rather the heating the whole thing.

is the movement
    up/down
    side to side
    pronation roll?

Only in powder, more up and down, infrequent, but, it's a sign that I'm approaching the end.

Intuition Liners usually last about 200 days.

Years of anecdotal observations have lead me to believe that successful reheats depend greatly on the quality of the primary mold, how they were used (dentist guy vs. daily driver), humidity and alignment of the stars.

Are you broke? 180 days? I’d get new liners. No question. I wrote this some years ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1B32C135-939A-4386-9EC0-33684AACF2F7.png 
Views:	138 
Size:	638.8 KB 
ID:	247314
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post
    Intuition Liners usually last about 200 days.

Years of anecdotal observations have lead me to believe that successful reheats depend greatly on the quality of the primary mold, how they were used (dentist guy vs. daily driver), humidity and alignment of the stars.

Are you broke? 180 days? I’d get new liners. No question. I wrote this some years ago.

Name:	1B32C135-939A-4386-9EC0-33684AACF2F7.png 
Views:	138 
Size:	638.8 KB 
ID:	247314
    Whew! Almost outed my alias!
    That's about perfect. I feel like my shells usually wear out first for some reason. 100 days and they start to soften, buckles break, soles wear out, etc.

If you HATE your boots, reheating the liners is always worth a try. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Fine.

There's always thick socks. That'll get me almost a season.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    What changed in the new liners?
    Something in the new compound that causes them to absolutely shrivel into a mess if exposed to even a gentle second heating.

Never again will I touch a boot with an Intuition tongue liner.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Took it out and it was a soft, soupy, gooey mess.

^^^ sounds like a game changer

I wonder if bro is still getting into the boot fitting business?

I had those boots. I also loved them but found the heel pocket to not be very shaped, so the only think holding my heel down was the PW liner. I switched to Dalbello KR2 Pros, and the heel hold of the shell is better.

Remolding will not help them fit tighter. Pads, new liners, thicker socks, or diabetes would be your options.

you ^^^ forgot THE most important modification one can do

buy the right fucking boot

in the right fucking size

my most memorable intuition moment was when this guy told me he wanted to buy some pwraps cuz his purple T-3's were 2 sizes too big ... I was like uh no that won't work

and i almost forgot ... get the red ones
    Last edited by XXX-er; 09-14-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

Agreed. If yer shell fit is oh so just right, packed out liners don't matter much. Just add a bontex shim to reduce a bit of volume as time goes on and yer good to go for decades. As an interesting aside; apparently crazy canuck skier Steve Podborski raced in this innerboot.

Name:	img_3617.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	247343
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    I had those boots. I also loved them but found the heel pocket to not be very shaped, so the only think holding my heel down was the PW liner. I switched to Dalbello KR2 Pros, and the heel hold of the shell is better.

Thanks, because, another option is going to another boot, due to certain issues I don't want to get into here, it would turn bloggish. Good to know options.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

my most memorable intuition moment was when this guy told me he wanted to buy some pwraps cuz his purple T-3's were 2 sizes too big ... I was like uh no that won't work

and i almost forgot ... get the red ones
    Fine. But. When the Raichle boots went extinct, a boot I wore for fifteen years, Full Tilt didn't exist yet (I was in that window) so I was at the mercy of a good bootfitter, someone I still respect, and he put me in a pair of Salomon boots I never fell in love with. What do I know in a situation like that. Here, boot salesman/fitter, I'm yours, I hear you're good, sell me a pair of boots. How the fuck do you know how they'll feel until at least twenty days? So, I'm a little concerned about new boots, and much more concerned about a new brand.

The Salomons were red, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    why not have multiple boots?
    Solid thinking. Skiing with only one boot sucks