Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Possible move to Burlington, VT area looking for BETA.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    zero g is lower on the pretentious scale

conehead is quite quaffable
    Agree and agree. People take beer way too seriously these days. I didn’t mean to imply Zero G was bad in any way. I just prefer Foam on the palate. Far superior perhaps an overstep.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Agree and agree. People take beer way too seriously these days. I didn’t mean to imply Zero G was bad in any way. I just prefer Foam on the palate. Far superior perhaps an overstep.
    Soon, everyone will be going to/talking about 4 Quarters, you heard it here first. Unfortunately their current location is a bit lacking compared to Foam's.

Fwiw, love conehead (especially on tap) but the majority of their beers are fair to average imo. Green State Lager was a drain pour and that's rare for me locally. The only others I can remember doing the same were Red Barn's Little Devil and BBC's Strawberry Whalecake.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Soon, everyone will be going to/talking about 4 Quarters, you heard it here first. Unfortunately their current location is a bit lacking compared to Foam's.

Fwiw, love conehead (especially on tap) but the majority of their beers are fair to average imo. Green State Lager was a drain pour and that's rare for me locally. The only others I can remember doing the same were Red Barn's Little Devil and BBC's Strawberry Whalecake.
    I hated the Little Devil and have had little from BBC. I drink HF like 95% of time given I am up there so often and keep it flowing on my home system. A steady diet of Edward at home is hard to beat. Cans only add to “the problem.” Doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy other beers, I am just a pretty big HF fanboy. I am rarely blown away by other breweries and often underwhelmed.
    Uno mas

Save you a lot of driving time moving up here that's clear. So many truly underrated breweries up here but hard to beat HF. Stoked for Lawson's to be open with regular cans of multiple beers though.

Save you a lot of driving time moving up here that's clear. So many truly underrated breweries up here but hard to beat HF. Stoked for Lawson's to be open with regular cans of multiple beers though.
    Yep. Looking forward to talking beer over a beer. Agree in general it has never been a better time to love beer. Look forward to having better reason to branch out a bit too.
    Uno mas

We moved up from south of Boston. Stopping at City Market and picking up Frost and Alchemist on the way home from work is still a novelty. Anybody else getting a Bolton pass?

I can ski at Bolton for 3 days on my Magic pass. Once you get all the good spots scoped, PM me

Any word on an opening date for the new Lawson's brewery? I poke around the internet and keep seeing "Autumn 2019."

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Any word on an opening date for the new Lawson's brewery? I poke around the internet and keep seeing "Autumn 2019."
    MMP was there for a tour a few weeks back and told me there was no date mentioned but maybe vtf has more detail being an insider but I'm guessing that 2019 is a typo?

MMP was there for a tour a few weeks back and told me there was no date mentioned but maybe vtf has more detail being an insider but I'm guessing that 2019 is a typo?
    Oh yeah, def a typo, I meant 2018.

They're posting job openings online so it's gotta be soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 365wp View Post
    We moved up from south of Boston. Stopping at City Market and picking up Frost and Alchemist on the way home from work is still a novelty. Anybody else getting a Bolton pass?
    Still on a Burke Jay pass this winter. Not sure on my 2019/2020 plan. Being a remote worker I will want access to something in closer striking distance to Burlington. Need to do some research in time. Curious what it would cost me to have access to Stowe (midweek) AND Jay/Burke assuming they remain intertwined. Rhetorical.
    Uno mas

The Germans are there dialing in the Brew system.

Bolton, the steepest access road to the flattest skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    The Germans are there dialing in the Brew system.
    BrauKon?
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Bolton, the steepest access road to the flattest skiing.
    Exactly. I've seen some crazy slides during storms on that access Rd, complete shitshow with just 3" of snow.

BrauKon?
    GEA

it is actually

foam is just a little much - yes I am a retro grouch

Exactly. I've seen some crazy slides during storms on that access Rd, complete shitshow with just 3" of snow.
    Yeah, but if you're living at the top of it, all the better.

I'm a bit biased—I worked there for a few years and lived on the hill one of those—but I think Bolton offers some pretty damn good skiing, particularly if you're using the lifts as a jumping-off platform for sidecountry access. The snowfall can be way better than expected, too; the number of days the mountain got 2-6" of snow out of "possible scattered snow showers" or similar, while Burlington stayed dry, was impressive. It doesn't have the terrain Stowe or Jay do, but it also doesn't have the crowds.

Granted, that same weather pattern also led to some of the muddiest mountain biking anywhere, but c'est la vie.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Yeah, but if you're living at the top of it, all the better.

I'm a bit biased—I worked there for a few years and lived on the hill one of those—but I think Bolton offers some pretty damn good skiing, particularly if you're using the lifts as a jumping-off platform for sidecountry access. The snowfall can be way better than expected, too; the number of days the mountain got 2-6" of snow out of "possible scattered snow showers" or similar, while Burlington stayed dry, was impressive. It doesn't have the terrain Stowe or Jay do, but it also doesn't have the crowds.

Granted, that same weather pattern also led to some of the muddiest mountain biking anywhere, but c'est la vie.
    Definitely wish I knew the s/c b/c better up there but the little I do (WW and HH) is fantastic when it is in. I only made it up there 2x last year and one of those was a crustfest but should have more time to explore CB and some of the lines off the CT this year.

Definitely wish I knew the s/c b/c better up there but the little I do (WW and HH) is fantastic when it is in. I only made it up there 2x last year and one of those was a crustfest but should have more time to explore CB and some of the lines off the CT this year.
    Figure all that shit out this year so I can follow you around next winter. Thanks
    Uno mas

Lawson's was hosting the chamber today for a sneak peek. Couple of employees I know greeting them. I asked "when you opening?" Laughter and a reply of "Fall". Asked if the Germans were busy, they pointed at the steam coming out of a stack and said "brewing right now" and "a couple weeks"!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I knew you'd have the latest details, thanks!

Like the good call on CVU high school. Looks quite good too. Man, 2% property tax ($400k house at $8k annually), 6% sales tax, a quite healthy income tax, 20%+ federal, FICA pushing 5%, VT is quite good with taxing their citizens. No wonder they are having a difficult time with jobs/business. Am I missing something? Are people working for 55 cents on the dollar? Looks like BVT ain't a cheap place to live either....but the mountains, lakes, skiing, fishing, hiking, biking....

Moving to VT sounds great, and it is pretty fucking sweet. But the reality of living there, no fucking way. The Granite State is the place to be. It just is. VT has coddled generations of, section 8, never worked, knocked up at 16, junkies etc... real Vermont is a troubling place.
    crab in my shoe mouth

"Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoemakers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but in the mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men." - Daniel Webster

Yup, Live Free or Die is the place to be.