Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evil View Post
    More then Kimberley
    Obviously, and always.

45 new at Fernie. A bunch more of those kind of snowfalls will build the snowpack.

Weird. Website now updated to say 29 cm. Still a nice dump.

15-20 at both LL and SSV helped a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Weird. Website now updated to say 29 cm. Still a nice dump.
    I was there, didn't actually measure but def felt more like 45 than 29, sweet day and big boost for coverage up there.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

20 plus in 2 days for Marmot. Warm and windy. Drifts were soft and I had several face shots. Wind stripped the snow in a few places so a few gravel road sections but holy shit did we need snow. Still coming down at elevation and hopefully we get another 10 before this leaves. Very spring like in town.

Panorama is getting some love from mother nature too. Maybe 5 cm yesterday, 8cm at 9am and another 5cm by 3pm today. Temp was -1 in the village, +2 and gail force winds in town. Bonus points for no snowfall in town.

fatbiking is very good right now, and resort skiing is catching up. Back country is going to be deeep this weekend and I just got a new split board. Braaaap.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

its getting sporty in the local back country folks

https://www.avalanche.ca/news/specia...lanche-warning

This was at LL today, class 2.0 and 1.5
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	48270557_1971082322941747_1033203895435788288_o.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	282.4 KB 
ID:	260101

this is my NOT-PC reminder
    Name:  27655142_10155952005980729_6081037398517800779_n.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  73.7 KB

What an exceptional day at the Lake...perfect snow, temps, and sun!

Does anyone have a pair of charger skis 180-190 102-108wide for new tele sticks? I am low budget (have to buy Christmas stuff but my rock skis are destroyed) I can travel to Invermere, golden or Banff/Canmore for pickup. I'll take you ski touring in Field sometime

Given warm temps and scary Avi conditions in the PNW for next week, I’m considering heading to Revelstoke and potentially LL/SSV. It seems there has been a pretty wide mix of reports lately—if forecasts hold and it snows next week, will there be enough terrain open to keep me interested for at least a few days?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    Given warm temps and scary Avi conditions in the PNW for next week, I’m considering heading to Revelstoke and potentially LL/SSV. It seems there has been a pretty wide mix of reports lately—if forecasts hold and it snows next week, will there be enough terrain open to keep me interested for at least a few days?

The Stoke chair at Revy will probably be worth skiing but not much further down the mountain will be worth it. I am waiting until January.

LL/SSV should be OK but they call it the rocky mountains for a reason. I will be going there in April.

Sun Peaks has 110 of 137 runs open, the most in Canada right now. Pretty much no rocks showing. I am skiing my new skis.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiwurrel View Post
    Does anyone have a pair of charger skis 180-190 102-108wide for new tele sticks? I am low budget (have to buy Christmas stuff but my rock skis are destroyed) I can travel to Invermere, golden or Banff/Canmore for pickup. I'll take you ski touring in Field sometime

190 explosive? $100? in banff

Forecast is still a mixed bag but between ssv and louise that should keep you entertained for a couple days. Especially if we get a few more snow falls.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Looks like Sunshine got 45 cm in the last 3 days and temps are around -10C.

Anyone get out there yesterday or going out today for a first hand report?
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

was at LL yesterday, was skiing very well. lots more snow up high, base area low tide, but mid mountain and above skiing well on and off groomed

Interesting crown(s) running across almost all of the whitehorn II chutes yesterday (2/3rds of the way down, but looked like they all might have slid from 1 bomb?). Looks like A&B held up to a couple bombs...maybe they're close to ready?

Don't think a picture would have turned out because it was 2pm and practically pitch black as the sun vanished behind the ridge.

KH skiing very well now, went from worse start ever to top quarter start plus seven days. Not every thing open but not due to enough snow or base its the avie danger of getting the stuff open.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Pano also much improved from last weekend. Bring on the snow, and hope it stays cold this week.

Skied Fernie and KH this past weekend. Conditions were excellent in both locations and the crowds didn't seem to come out.

The North Bowl in Revelstoke was good from day one (or third day of operations). Lots of refresh since. You can have a lot of fun at Revelstoke without going below the Ripper.

It's worth a trip.

Snow fall warnings up for Jasper and Banff. Let's see if it materializes.

Made the call on Revy for Wednesday-Sunday. Thanks for the conditions reports, would love to share a few runs and beers with any locals.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    190 explosive? $100? in banff
    Hey thanks for the offer. Hoping to find something with some tip rocker and reasonably light. Anyone else have anything 185-190 105ish waist? I could use something with a lot of holes and just set tele bindings back...plz santa

Hey thanks for the offer. Hoping to find something with some tip rocker and reasonably light. Anyone else have anything 185-190 105ish waist? I could use something with a lot of holes and just set tele bindings back...plz santa

188 Megawatts? a lot wider than your desire though
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

I have some 179 (actually measure 184) K2 Made N AK (aka K2 AK enemy) with 2 mounts, IIRC. One Fritschi Freeride Plus, one Dynafit Comfort, for 300-305 bsl. 108 mm waist. Not a charger, but a really fun ski.

No tip rocker, but soft tip de-cambers if you look at it wrong.

Bases are near perfect, topsheet is near perfect (other than holes) with very minor topsheet chipping common to K2 of that era.

I'd let them go for super cheap.

These ones.

Edit to add: they might also have a 916 mount too, but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 12-18-2018 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Edit to add they might have a 3rd mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

It's been raining for the past two days in Fernie. When I went up in the afternoon the rain line was just bellow the Bear Chair loading station. Not much open and the snow was a little on the heavy side, but the skiing was still pretty good with lots of fresh tracks in the Bear Chutes, Cedar Ridge, and under Boom. I would imagine the conditions are probably even better up on Whitepass. The Griz cam was showing around 40cm around 2pm (it's supposed to be cleared everday at 4pm) At least this heavy snow is helping to cover up all the alders, stumps and rocks.