Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    In other news... forecast for castle looks good for Wednesday.

Sent from my SM-T705W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    In other news... forecast for castle looks good for Wednesday.

darn, my powder alliance days for castle are on blackout 2/14/2019 – 2/23/2019

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    darn, my powder alliance days for castle are on blackout 2/14/2019 – 2/23/2019
    Might be worth it anyway if they get the currently forecasted 30cm on Tuesday (18cm forecasted overnight).

Might be worth it anyway if they get the currently forecasted 30cm on Tuesday (18cm forecasted overnight).

Damn just saw that. Come on down boys. You too F2F. I could try to snag a corp pass or 2. My hideabed's available. Prolly sleep 3 of you.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    lol, investor much?

i read about it once, twice, three times a lady! didn't care about it the 15th time. you're not helping either.
    haha, a little. Oh well one more comment aint gonna send you over the edge eh
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Damn just saw that. Come on down boys. You too F2F. I could try to snag a corp pass or 2. My hideabed's available. Prolly sleep 3 of you.
    Overnights are not possible yet as the little man doesn't sleep when he should, but I'm certainly considering a day trip.

Can't believe I just discovered toe warmers (always just assumed they would be uncomfortable) and frost tape -- which pretty much seems to be athletic tape -- but it was worth looking like an idiot with blue tape all over my face on Saturday at Louise to avoid frostbite. Around -30C at the base in the morning, and easily the coldest day I've ever had. Almost drove home. Glad to dial in my super duper cold outfit and manage.
    By the way, other then parking (especially at SSV if you get in late), I'm always amazed at how little the lineups here are, though I'm usually single. Growing up in the US and dealing with shitty lineups even at shitty little hills, let alone an area like Tahoe, I'm always grateful. It's pretty amazing actually. I don't think I've ever waited longer than a minute at Marmot...and it seems like everyone forgets about skiing here around mid march.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    haha, a little. Oh well one more comment aint gonna send you over the edge eh
    that's it, mang. i'm triggered af now!

Sadly no inversions in here in Fernie, just cold!

Hey Pano crew, anyone one know the early season rate on a family pass runs. The website is confusing me.

Today at castle was very good. Slight inversion most of the day kept temps above -15 and big winds last night filled in some of my favorites.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Very last minute, I know - but does anyone have a pair of light-ish weight groomer skis with bindings for a 315bsl my father could borrow for wed-fri? He’s 5-9 and an intermediate skier at best. I’m Getting married Saturday and he’s keen to ski Louise and SSV to remind him of his youth. He skis 1 or 2 days every year or two approaching his 70th birthday . Skiied lots in his youth but had to give it up when he had us 4 kids. Will rent if necessary but thought I would reach out and see if anyone has anything. He complained his last pair were too heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    Very last minute, I know - but does anyone have a pair of light-ish weight groomer skis with bindings for a 315bsl my father could borrow for wed-fri? He’s 5-9 and an intermediate skier at best. I’m Getting married Saturday and he’s keen to ski Louise and SSV to remind him of his youth. He skis 1 or 2 days every year or two approaching his 70th birthday . Skiied lots in his youth but had to give it up when he had us 4 kids. Will rent if necessary but thought I would reach out and see if anyone has anything. He complained his last pair were too heavy.

My 100mm under foot ski IS my groomer ski.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

If this holds up at castle on Tuesday ...

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post

K2 SL ski, with atomic 10-18 on it 155cm? and 13m turn radius.

you can use them, and they sure like to turn, but not light with that binding

pm me

Quote Originally Posted by weibo View Post
    Hey Pano crew, anyone one know the early season rate on a family pass runs. The website is confusing me.
    Not too sure what you are getting at, but I'll take a stab at it.

You get the biggest discount on the following season pass if you purchase before the end of May. As comparison, the current season pass price for a full pass Adult is $1199, I think I got mine for $938+tax, purchased in May. Note that there is a further discount if you purchase passes for the whole family at once. So if you have a husband, wife and two kid, all same last name/blood relative, the kids passes are $100 less than individually, for say a student. Note that they also have a Transferable Adult pass. This means that if you have young kids, one can look after kids at home while other is skiing, and swap out and reverse roles for afternoon, but only one of the two adults on the transferable pass can be on the hill at any one time. You will need to buy a pass for each individual child though. I think the discounts are deepest before May 31, for following season, then Sept 30, then up to full freight after Oct1.

Last year they had a much better reciprocal program, this year, all they sent me was:
    " Lake Louise Mountain Resort
    $20 off full-day, regular ticket prices (Ages 13+)
    20% off Child full-day, full-priced ticket prices (Ages 6-12) for up to 2 accompanying children daily.

Sunshine Village - 20% off week day lift tickets

Castle Mountain Resort - full day ticket at the half day rate

Unfortunately Fernie does not offer us"

The SSV discount is Mon-Thurs only. I was there on a Friday and got told "full freight". I am hoping to take advantage of the Castlehalf off in a couple weeks....

Let me know if this hit or missed the mark?

DD
    Using Tapatalk

I think Panorama is starting to price themselves out of the "family" market.

Most locals with young families are buying Passes at Fairmont, cost is less than $500 and you get a pool pass too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

That's what I was looking for. That is pretty steep for passes for the family. I was assuming that there would be a family pass like exist at most other Rocky Mountain resorts. I will pass this on. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    K2 SL ski, with atomic 10-18 on it 155cm? and 13m turn radius.

you can use them, and they sure like to turn, but not light with that binding

pm me
    Appreciate the offer. DIN sounds too high for him. He picked up a pair from family friends. Let the warm weather begin.........
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Fernie is cold and snowy, yesterday was fun with 30cm of fresh. 15cm more overnight should make for good day today.

Fernie is skiing pretty good right now. The new snow was pretty light so you can definitely feel the crust off piste on most of the lower mountain and in sports on the upper mountain. Sound like more snow in the forecast for Thursday, just in time for the family day weekend chaos.

Headed up north this weekend for a long overdue trip to the Canadian Rockies. Gotta place in Golden reserved but wondering if anyone had any recommendations of where to ski this weekend. I was planning on Kicking Horse but don't know if there would be better stashes elsewhere...... Any thoughts from the locals?
    Where to go from here?

Castle was amazing today!

Lower temps on the lower mountain meant super light powder... Tough to get float but faceshots galore!

Upper mountain was more supportive powder and was amazing!

The snow in the trees in North Bowl was DEEEEP!

Castle was amazing today!

Lower temps on the lower mountain meant super light powder... Tough to get float but faceshots galore!

Upper mountain was more supportive powder and was amazing!

The snow in the trees in North Bowl was DEEEEP!

Did they open everything? Will it be worth the drive from Fernie tomorrow?

They did open everything.

It's tracked but still very soft and there's some fresh if you know where to look... Mostly North (away from the chutes).

I'd say tomorrow would be a fun day, yes, and probably worth the drive.