Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    Its a SSV closeuse, so once SSV closes for the season, and ropes/signs etc are pulled its not closed anymore.

also by that time its usually slide to ground (june1)
    i meant they don't advertise it as a part of their extreme freeride terrain anymore like they used to at the end of the last decade. does "closeuse" mean it may open for events/competitions/use when the conditions permit? does it still get regularly bombed? is the gate in front still there? i didn't see it last weekend when i went up...

Gets bombed for delirium ski out safety and shoulder safety. Been closed since a patroller got taken for a ride even after bombing it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    i meant they don't advertise it as a part of their extreme freeride terrain anymore like they used to at the end of the last decade. does "closeuse" mean it may open for events/competitions/use when the conditions permit? does it still get regularly bombed? is the gate in front still there? i didn't see it last weekend when i went up...
    odds are never to be opened again. I got 2 laps in when it was "open" with patrol. We took the easiest route in/out (far lookers left) it was kinda spooky, and the other "options" where even more spicy.

no real reason to ever have public in that terrain, but I do kinda miss it

odds are never to be opened again. I got 2 laps in when it was "open" with patrol. We took the easiest route in/out (far lookers left) it was kinda spooky, and the other "options" where even more spicy.

not a place i would ever aspire to ski more than once i took this pic in 2011, full size image here: https://i.imgur.com/lSUvwNA.jpg

The reason I was asking about it is because I read the other thread about soaring ski passes and immediately thought "i bet the extreme skiing boom is over, now heated chairlifts are more important".

Sorry to digress this thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lSUvwNA.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	261629  

Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    not a place i would ever aspire to ski more than once i took this pic in 2011, full size image here

The reason I was asking about it is because I read the other thread about soaring ski passes and immediately thought "i bet the extreme skiing boom is over, now heated chairlifts are more important".

Sorry to digress this thread.
    SC looks VERY filled in.

also cool to see the hayes hill area

1. Pocket rocket (or is it rocket pocket ).!! Did a few laps down Silver city as well- too bad but agree never open again

2. My daughter can never work in Banff...

Flights and accommodation booked for Revelstoke, Feb 2-10. Not my first time to BC, but first time in the winter. Hooefully that gives me just enough time to get my legs ready for some real vert.

Quote Originally Posted by kungpow View Post
    Flights and accommodation booked for Revelstoke, Feb 2-10. Not my first time to BC, but first time in the winter. Hooefully that gives me just enough time to get my legs ready for some real vert.
    I am curious as to which airport that you are flying to, Calgary or Kelowna. Calgary has a bigger airport (more flights?) but the drive is roughly twice the drive from Kelowna and with Calgary it also mean going thru the often closed Rogers Pass. BTW Revy is not in the Canadian Rockies but most who do not live in western Canada do not know that.

Heading up to Banff for the first time during the winter tomorrow! Planning on spending two days at SSV and two days at LL, any suggestions for what to do on the other two days?

I just picked up a touring setup this fall, but would be more than happy to use it alongside snowshoe trails and such.

You have a car? If so check the spray valley by Canmore, Sawmill/ Chester Lake trails is a hiking/snowshoe/cross country area if you just want to get out and tramp around. Black Cirque for actual BC skiing but avy gear and knowledge needed. Lots of stuff up the Icefield Parkway, but again real BC.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    I am curious as to which airport that you are flying to, Calgary or Kelowna. Calgary has a bigger airport (more flights?) but the drive is roughly twice the drive from Kelowna and with Calgary it also mean going thru the often closed Rogers Pass. BTW Revy is not in the Canadian Rockies but most who do not live in western Canada do not know that.
    Flying in/out of Kelowna. Renting car and driving to Revelstoke. I know it's not technically in the Canadian Rockies but noticed some other Revvy stoke in this thread so figured I'd post.

Thanks for the tips!

We do have a car, and I have avy gear but no one else in my family does so sticking to super mellow terrain. I'll look into the spray valley area, looks like there are some really nice trails down there.

Is there anything else between Canmore and Lake Louise that would fit the bill?

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
    Heading up to Banff for the first time during the winter tomorrow! Planning on spending two days at SSV and two days at LL, any suggestions for what to do on the other two days?
    Go to Kicking Horse!
    https://www.banfftours.com/activities/kicking-horse/

Wow that looks epic! Not sure if it's in the cards for this trip, but safe to say I'll have to start planning another trip out there!

I toured into Chester lake last Thursday with my son, there was 60 cm of new snow up by the lake, a nice mellow walk in the park
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Anyone looking for cheap replacement skis?

I’ve got a couple pairs to unload. 192 XXL, 192 Solly Rocker, and a 189 kore 117.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I toured into Chester lake last Thursday with my son, there was 60 cm of new snow up by the lake, a nice mellow walk in the park
    Sounds like that might be the best move, thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    Calgary it also mean going thru the often closed Rogers Pass.
    The highway west of Revelstoke closes quite frequently for both avalanches and accidents, if not quite as often as Rogers Pass. From the west there is the Highway 6/23 alternative but driving time to Kelowna is doubled - more if there are long lines for the ferries.

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post

I’ve got a couple pairs to unload. 192 XXL, 192 Solly Rocker, and a 189 kore 117.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Post on WTF and facebook banff buy/sell?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    How long you around buddy? I'm heading down to castle for the winter starting jan 3. Love to show you around.

20+ cm at both LL and SSV, = improved skiing. (but lots of people)

had a fun morning skiing 9-11, home for lunch

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    How long you around buddy? I'm heading down to castle for the winter starting jan 3. Love to show you around.
    went to Oshawa for xmas, back to cow town on thursday and drove home on friday night
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
    Thanks for the tips!

We do have a car, and I have avy gear but no one else in my family does so sticking to super mellow terrain. I'll look into the spray valley area, looks like there are some really nice trails down there.

Is there anything else between Canmore and Lake Louise that would fit the bill?
    There are some cross country type trails by LL, but I believe they all stay on the valley bottom. There is the trail to Skoki Lodge that leaves from near LL. Spray Valley trails at least have options to climb into the alpine for possible views.

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post

how many days on XXLs and bindings ??
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.