Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Castle will be good tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    DougW's top Sorcerer lodge pic is crazy good.
    It's a super long tour from lodge had to start before light and ski a pitch in the dark.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Since we're posting pics... Sorcerer lodge last week , wasn't in that group skiing pic but excellent shot
    Boundary Patrol? Was up at Sorcerer last week. Weather was perfect.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lawless View Post
    Boundary Patrol? Was up at Sorcerer last week. Weather was perfect.

yes exactly. Hope you had a good week with Ox.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    yes exactly. Hope you had a good week with Ox.
    Had an incredible week. Saw those tracks from Nordic Peak.

Have a question for folks. As I head for home on my road trip I can choose from 4 Mountains and I am allowing 1 day of skiing. This will be mid-week late February. I have skied Kicking Horse and will still consider it, but skiing a new hill is always fun. Lake Louise, Fernie and Castle are all options for the drive and that is my subjective ordering. I will be able to look at trail reports and weather before leaving the Revelstoke area (familiar with Roger's Pass driving issues in Winter) and that will likely be my driver if one area looks markedly better for the day I will be there.

Are there any weather signs to watch for late February at these mountains? e.g. mountain fog, winds closing areas, traditionally slow to open terrain after heavy snow, lift problems (not necessarily weather caused)

I will be in Revelstoke Rogers Pass area February 17-20 if any of you are around there. Mixing regions I know.

Fernie is a super rad place to ski on a pow day. If its been dry prior to you coming then I would recommend Lake Louise. It will ski much better during a drought as its a big mountain and you get explore and cover lots of ground! If its firing, then Fernie rocks. During storms not much opens which is great cause you can storm ski under the chairs and come back the next day or two for the goods. Nice to have a local showing you around.
    Castle... Is awesome. What skiing used to be before starbucks, and 17 dollar burgers. Many sleeper days at Castle as a few cm and the right wind and the sift is legendary... Long sustained fall lines will challenge your legs. Castle and Fernie are not that far away from each other and can be combined in one trip.

TL;DR If no snow, go to Louise...

Oh and to add. Sunshine, Lake Louise and further North Marmot Basin build base into May most years. Alberta Rockies start to get real good late feb into mid april...

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    Fernie is a super rad place to ski on a pow day. If its been dry prior to you coming then I would recommend Lake Louise. It will ski much better during a drought as its a big mountain and you get explore and cover lots of ground! If its firing, then Fernie rocks. During storms not much opens which is great cause you can storm ski under the chairs and come back the next day or two for the goods. Nice to have a local showing you around.
    Castle... Is awesome. What skiing used to be before starbucks, and 17 dollar burgers. Many sleeper days at Castle as a few cm and the right wind and the sift is legendary... Long sustained fall lines will challenge your legs. Castle and Fernie are not that far away from each other and can be combined in one trip.

TL;DR If no snow, go to Louise...
    Great advice. Also, Louise usually has a pretty kick ass terrain park, where all Fernie has is a small rail park.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190124_124747.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	266282

Skied this today at castle with a kid from Jackson Hole. Line on lookers right. Castle the last coupla days has been most acceptable.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post

Skied this today at castle with a kid from Jackson Hole. Line on lookers right. Castle the last coupla days has been most acceptable.

That is pretty epic. What part of castle is that? Chutes? Left of red chair?

Opposite side the mountain from the cat skiing (on the same mountain as the Haig or Huck chair). It's called Lightening apparently.

Thanks guys. Big snow Fernie, little snow castle, no snow LL. Nice line there Gary

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    sfotex, mr toaster and i will be on that post carlyse powder hwy to the goods mission
    well probably end fernie way all things being fairly equal as it closer to home and we dug the town and mountain
    members the kph and mph differences and them mounties may let cha pilots yur own rigs
    eh
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Only time in my life I have felt homeless was when the mountie took my car. Dirtbagged a bunch, but had a plan. When he took my car, he took my home. It was a weird adventure being homeless traveling BC in Winter. Will be a good boy and obey Nelson speed limits.

Sounds good on roaming afterwards. I have about 4 days and had thought to spend 3 in Revelstoke/Pass and then head for home. Sleeping in the outback so subaru flexible eh

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    sfotex, mr toaster and i will be on that post carlyse powder hwy to the goods mission
    well probably end fernie way all things being fairly equal as it closer to home and we dug the town and mountain
    members the kph and mph differences and them mounties may let cha pilots yur own rigs
    eh
    Dude!! If you're going to fernie you have to come see me at castle. It's only another hour drive.

Thanks cat in January. I would disagree with your assessment on snow amounts currently at castle. If you know where to look...

I'll be at Lake Louise with a friend on this upcoming Sunday or Monday if anyone wants to go for a few runs
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Currently in Van and trying to decide where to go.... Anybody been to Revy recently? I skiied Baker yesterday and the warmup/freeze pretty much fucked everything top to bottom and left a 3" crust... Trying to avoid that kinda skiing if I can help it!

Awesome!

I've stared at that line longingly for years.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Thanks cat in January. I would disagree with your assessment on snow amounts currently at castle. If you know where to look...
    I think that was just his simplified decision making process, not an assessment of current conditions.

Dude!! If you're going to fernie you have to come see me at castle. It's only another hour drive.

Hey G I am in golden on the way into a last-minute sunrise hut trip, I could make it to castle if its not too far after I get back
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Awesome!

I've stared at that line longingly for years.
    Thanks Shorty, I'd seen the line a couple of times in the previous few years I'd been skiing here, however since I'm living here this season, I've been looking (and watching snow, and assessing) most days for a few weeks now. Got a window and some stability and a good partner and went for it. Cheemos is still not do-able, but I'm hoping to hit it when able. Good to hear you're back on sticks man!
    I think that was just his simplified decision making process, not an assessment of current conditions.
    Gotcha. I just don't want folks to miss this place if they have a chance. There's only been one day in the last 25 that wasn't pretty damn good, and you can always go for a tour.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Hey G I am in golden on the way into a last-minute sunrise hut trip, I could make it to castle if its not too far after I get back
    Love to have you mate, however it is a 5 hour drive from Golden. Weekdays work best for me for company if it works for you.

Current projections suggest storm on Sunday, Monday should be decent indeed.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Gotcha. I just don't want folks to miss this place if they have a chance. There's only been one day in the last 25 that wasn't pretty damn good, and you can always go for a tour.

Current projections suggest storm on Sunday, Monday should be decent indeed.
    Agreed... It's a hidden gem.

I'm toying with coming to castle on Monday... I'll pm you if I do.

Agreed... It's a hidden gem.

I'm toying with coming to castle on Monday... I'll pm you if I do.

Monday will be good, do it!

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Alkares View Post
    Currently in Van and trying to decide where to go.... Anybody been to Revy recently? I skiied Baker yesterday and the warmup/freeze pretty much fucked everything top to bottom and left a 3" crust... Trying to avoid that kinda skiing if I can help it!
    Was in revy last weekend. It was decent, and I think they've picked up some snow since then. I'd guess it's good, but not epic right now.