Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Don’t know if 10 runs opening by Dec. 1st at Fernie is good news but better than nothing, which is what we have at Kimbo.
    Chatting with friends at the local watering hole last week. They mentioned downloading at Fernie?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Temp was hovering around zero for the past week or more at Kimberley, so they haven’t been able to make snow. Probably the same at Fernie.

Dr E, how was it today? I’ll probably go check it out Monday anyway, need to scratch the itch.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferdan View Post
    Chatting with friends at the local watering hole last week. They mentioned downloading at Fernie?

Download on Timber with a few runs open from Whitepass. I wasn't there but a buddy said it was very thin down to the base below whitepass.

On that note, lift tickets were $80. What the fuck. $80 for 10 runs and an essentially required download? Lift ticket prices are madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Pass Rat View Post
    Download on Timber with a few runs open from Whitepass. I wasn't there but a buddy said it was very thin down to the base below whitepass.

On that note, lift tickets were $80. What the fuck. $80 for 10 runs and an essentially required download? Lift ticket prices are madness.
    Guessing pass holders only then. I would not have paid for the Mike 1 soft open last year if I hadn’t had a pass for Pano. I did it because I could.

Whales are in pretty good shape here. Just need to knock em down and smooth them over. Unemployment allows me to get turns in Friday afternoon and then spending 3 days in a camp with level 4 instructors. I am pretty much self taught from age 5, so this will be fun.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Temp was hovering around zero for the past week or more at Kimberley, so they haven’t been able to make snow. Probably the same at Fernie.

Dr E, how was it today? I’ll probably go check it out Monday anyway, need to scratch the itch.
    It was warm and wet last week as well, so yeah, not much snow making on the lower mountain. That being said skiing off White Pass was really good today. Soft winter like snow everywhere. I don’t think I hit even one rock. Sounds like patrol are are going to try and get upper Curry open early next week. Bellow Whitpass was thinner, but had no problem skiing to the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Pass Rat View Post

No disagreement about ticket prices in general being high, however there were 4 lifts spinning today (Elk and Bear we’re running as well). I’m guessing the prices are in line with what Sunshine and Louise are charging. Plus at least you don’t have to worry as much as getting core shots.

Downloading was an option but not mandatory, an intermediate skier would not have had a problem skiing down to the bottom on both the old and new side.

It wasn’t our best openings, but it definitely wasn’t our worst either.

Thanks, Dr. Evel, sounds fairly decent.

With nothing open yet at K or KH then Fernie will be worth it since I don’t have to pay.

both SSV and LL are skiing well. all lifts (except GE at SSV) are open and 75% of the terrain?
    still under 1.0m base, but for the banff area its skiing well

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    both SSV and LL are skiing well. all lifts (except GE at SSV) are open and 75% of the terrain?
    still under 1.0m base, but for the banff area its skiing well
    You've been spending too much time skating. Louise is brutal. Pretty sure the only reason anything is open was to have the public skipack it. North traverse looked good.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I'll second Crashidy. I think I hit about 500 rocks at Louise this weekend and almost ate shit a couple times entering cat tracks with the dull edge 6 year old rock skis lol. Kids had fun sending leapfrog deep and uncovering lots of other rocks... At least it's skiing though.

Name:  Matt backflip 2018.png
Views: 646
Size:  441.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by brraaap802 View Post
    I'll second Crashidy. I think I hit about 500 rocks at Louise this weekend and almost ate shit a couple times entering cat tracks with the dull edge 6 year old rock skis lol. Kids had fun sending leapfrog deep and uncovering lots of other rocks... At least it's skiing though.

Name:  Matt backflip 2018.png
Views: 646
Size:  441.7 KB
    Jesus, to be young and made of rubber. I was going to ski down that and said no ,let alone hucking into those moguls.

When the patrollers are skiing around with hockey sticks firing rocks off the trails, that says something.

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Jesus, to be young and made of rubber. I was going to ski down that and said no ,let alone hucking into those moguls.

When the patrollers are skiing around with hockey sticks firing rocks off the trails, that says something.

Did they check with parks about moving rocks? could get fined. Either way the judge will just fine them and the resort will just pass the expense on to the consumer....

I was at SSV a few days ago and I thought it was good conditions for the time of year. Maybe LL is in worse shape.

A lil' tourism promo-zen from Rossland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkD0JLqFM-w

Heading to blue river for Wednesday and have a buddy in jasper. Is it worth it to hit marmot for a day tommorrow? Won't likely cost me any moolah (other than ptex).

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Heading to blue river for Wednesday and have a buddy in jasper. Is it worth it to hit marmot for a day tommorrow? Won't likely cost me any moolah (other than ptex).
    Are you accounting for the potential of grabbing a serious rock in early Marmot conditions, getting injured, and fucking up your Blue River trip?

Just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

its ALWAYS rocky in jasper, But quiet, why not go make some turns?

Pano to have all lifts operating this weekend, even the triple. They hadn’t blown whales into Fritz’s yet, but that only takes a day and part of a day to knock em down and spread them out. Not sure if Taynton will be open though. They have had crews in bootpacking the bowl.

Intend to be skiing Friday.
    Using Tapatalk

Pano to have all lifts operating this weekend, even the triple. They hadn’t blown whales into Fritz’s yet, but that only takes a day and part of a day to knock em down and spread them out. Not sure if Taynton will be open though. They have had crews in bootpacking the bowl.

Intend to be skiing Friday.
    Creeks are all open at the bottom of taynton

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I was out of town and didn't ski this weekend so no really solid knowledge. If you want to get out and ski and it's free why not. A bit rocky here and there and no real new snow since opening

Go easy on Mike, he just got a new knee! And watch out for big holes, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Creeks are all open at the bottom of taynton

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    Which creeks, and where do they drain to? I know not of what you speak, but if it gets me home for lunch faster, I am keen to learn!

Using Tapatalk

Which creeks, and where do they drain to? I know not of what you speak, but if it gets me home for lunch faster, I am keen to learn!

As In still exposed and available to fall into.

*jong Q alert*

Mapping out potential foray from Rossland to Revy, noticed there's a ferry leg at Shelter Bay. Do the inland ferries run regardless of conditions or do we need to check on the status if there's weather? Anything else we want to know about driving in the area? (4WD with snow tires. Check.) Still not sure if doing a triangle from Kelowna or an out-and-back from Spokane, but most likely the former. TBD. Took the Rogers Pass route to Revy last year and appreciated the beta. Thanks y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by weibo View Post
    I was out of town and didn't ski this weekend so no really solid knowledge. If you want to get out and ski and it's free why not. A bit rocky here and there and no real new snow since opening
    Yeah. Like you and mtn lion said, why not. Pulled the trigger and skiing here today. It's only Ptex. Yeah reckless T, I could fall on a rock, but I could also get hit by a bus on the way to the amazing "packed powder" conditions that the ski resort suggests.