Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    https://goldensnowmobilerentals.com/snowmobile-tours/

Snowmobile rentals and guided tours around Golden.

garryfromterrace - any updates from Castle? Thinking of skiing there Friday on the way to Fernie.

Coming to Fernie for the weekend and don't want to fly with skis. Any recommendations on proper rentals on mountain?

Quote Originally Posted by blender View Post
    Coming to Fernie for the weekend and don't want to fly with skis. Any recommendations on proper rentals on mountain?
    You can give waxman a shout at The Guide's Hut in town, they have a demo program.

I don’t know what the resort rental shop has but there’s a small shop at the hill called The Quest in Snow Creek Lodge. They sell Völkl, Salomon and Dynastar. They definitely rent Völkl but I don’t know which models.

Also on hill is Top Shelf in the basement of the Griz Inn - I think they rent Nordica but not positive on that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn View Post
    garryfromterrace - any updates from Castle? Thinking of skiing there Friday on the way to Fernie.
    The hill skied great yesterday, with lots of pow if you knew where to look. There's a huge storm forecast for late Fri/Sat/Sun with over 50cms currently forecast. If you can put it off until Sun or Monday it should be all time. Snowforecast is suggesting the heaviest snowfall is Sat night with 20+cms.
    Here's a view of the hill from across the valley where I was doing a little recon today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190130_142923.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	267389
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Thanks for the info. I’m committed to Fernie for Sat/Sun but will likely end up at Castle tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    The hill skied great yesterday, with lots of pow if you knew where to look. There's a huge storm forecast for late Fri/Sat/Sun with over 50cms currently forecast. If you can put it off until Sun or Monday it should be all time. Snowforecast is suggesting the heaviest snowfall is Sat night with 20+cms.
    Here's a view of the hill from across the valley where I was doing a little recon today.

Name:	20190130_142923.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	267389
    Are all those glades on the far left of picture inbounds? or quick walk with cat track return??? or am i seeing things?

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Are all those glades on the far left of picture inbounds? or quick walk with cat track return??? or am i seeing things?
    Sort of in bounds. They run a cat in there but will usually let you tour in there on Sunday and Monday, I think.

Check with patrol.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Nice Photo Gary! I've always wondered if it was worth touring across the street from Castle. Always looked wind hammered and thin cover. Maybe not this year?

Quote Originally Posted by sillybunt2 View Post
    Nice Photo Gary! I've always wondered if it was worth touring across the street from Castle. Always looked wind hammered and thin cover. Maybe not this year?
    The grass poking through looks pretty thin covered to me

Thanks for the info. I’m committed to Fernie for Sat/Sun but will likely end up at Castle tomorrow.
    Cool, I'm skiing tomorrow till about 1 or so. Wanta meet 1030 bottom of red?
    BTW the 50cm storm has been downgraded to 25cms over 3 days. I'm sure Fernie will get some too.

Quote Originally Posted by sillybunt2 View Post
    Thanks! Well it was "wind pressed" some of the way we shall say. And it is thin up top (one of the reasons I was happy to poke around solo yesterday). A couple of folks went higher than me and my partner today and it looked fine up at least another 2 or 300 vert ft.

Name:	across.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	267562

We went about 3/4 of the way up, to a 100' below where I dug a couple of pits yesterday. Just below the little cliff band on lookers right (across from the highest cliff bands on the left.

Name:	down.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	267561

Buddy Derek's first day touring. I think he had fun.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    The grass poking through looks pretty thin covered to me
    Yeah, it's bad here, real bad. No one should come
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190130_114710.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	267560  
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Cool, I'm skiing tomorrow till about 1 or so. Wanta meet 1030 bottom of red?
    BTW the 50cm storm has been downgraded to 25cms over 3 days. I'm sure Fernie will get some too:
    Happy to meet up but be warned I’ll be skiing with my 11 year old daughter. She’s fairly competent, though. Look for a kid dressed pretty much all in pink. I’m in a blue jacket, grey pants.

Happy to meet up but be warned I’ll be skiing with my 11 year old daughter. She’s fairly competent, though. Look for a kid dressed pretty much all in pink. I’m in a blue jacket, grey pants.
    Fuck, no way!!?? I'm all in pink too!

Well I can't be playing second fiddle to some kid, I may just wear my orange jacket, black pants, blue helmut.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Name:	Pretty-in-Pink.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	392.0 KB 
ID:	267590

You're awesome Gary.

Well I can't be playing second fiddle to some kid, I may just wear my orange jacket, black pants, blue helmut.
    Think I saw Gary skiing in the late 70s...
    Name:  pw-suzy-chaffee-de-vre.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  70.3 KB

I have the pink Flylow Higgins and Stash combo as one of my steezier setups.

IRL the colours match perfectly, and the jacket and pants attach with some straps that basically makes it a pink onesy.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by brraaap802 View Post
    Think I saw Gary skiing in the late 70s...
    Name:  pw-suzy-chaffee-de-vre.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  70.3 KB
    You fucker. Granted that is my suit, however my patented move was a mule kick.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

You fucker. Granted that is my suit, however my patented move was a mule kick.
    Thanks for the turns today. But I’m now disappointed you didn’t wear this outfit ...

I'll be at the Pano demo with Blizzard tomorrow if any mags are about and want to try skis/say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post

Those are the glades. Generally open when the cat isn't running and when they're not trying to conserve the product for paying cat skiers which means Sunday and Monday are days it's normally open. It's all pretty mellow with a super easy skin up a cat track and a super easy ski all the way out with minimal skating involved.

Off the other side of the ridge from these runs are some chutes ranging from steep to scary AF.

Anyone ski sunshine today? The storm board is currently showing over 25cm since Thursday and the snow report only mentions 5cm as of this morning.

Did they get 20cm during the day today?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I'm interested in the condition of Sunshine as well... we're coming out for a weeks stay beginning March and am getting curious regarding terrain and snowpack there from local eyes. Going to the local showing of the Banff Mountain Film Festival tour tonight to feed the stoke. Thanks