Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Got a pair of Dynastar legend pros 176cm to sell for cheap, brand new new drilled. Have the zennie white graphic but are identical to the construction of the old legend pros . $80 Would be great for a good skier lighter side
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Good ride at west Bragg today. What’s with all the fat bikes when there is no snow? I’m confused.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Good ride at west Bragg today. What’s with all the fat bikes when there is no snow? I’m confused.
    fa"D" bikes, you spelt it wrong

They are "for kids who cant ski good and want to learn how to do other stuff good too"

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    fa"D" bikes
    ha ha

ha

no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    The biking is absolutely prime in the bow valley.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for posting that! it got my lazy ass out to W Bragg today. Yeah, I saw a fair number of fat bikers too
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

lol- fernie is good for fa”d” biking, so I’m told. They actually groom the trails and when they get the rains folllowed by the Alberta deep freeze everyone tells me how epic it is to ride downhill anywhere u want in the forest just like pow skiing....still don’t believe them- I just drive north and ski pow... they think it sucks everywhere.... bubble thoughts!

lol- fernie is good for fa”d” biking, so I’m told. They actually groom the trails and when they get the rains folllowed by the Alberta deep freeze everyone tells me how epic it is to ride downhill anywhere u want in the forest just like pow skiing....still don’t believe them- I just drive north and ski pow... they think it sucks everywhere.... bubble thoughts!
    I dont own a fat bike for the same reason I dont own roller skis.

Seasons are good.

biking is good training for skiing

skiing is good training for biking.

roller skiing/ faD biking are ways to make a good sport less gooder

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    I don't ski the resort much so it doesn't matter to me but it's a cool idea. Just the fact they are willing to put some money out to try something new is a plus, the cost is debatable but there is always people willing to pay I guess.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    Last season, most weekenders who hiked over to Never Never Land paid the fiver to get the cat. Four days after a dump and I hiked past the cat picking everyone up and hit Never never land and Jeckyll/Hyde with 200 yards of untouched ridge. I still haven’t made it to Monster as the area between C-Spine and the Jeckyll-Hyde had great conditions.

The other thing the ownership group has done is send crews into different regions of the hill each summer for the last five or six years and cut gladed areas everywhere. In some area, I think they went overboard, but there is a ton of now accessible terrain all over the hill and you can find stashes of fresh lines for several days after a dump almost anywhere on the hill. It is really a treat to ski now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Aren't fat bikers confused people?

Crashidy, you happen upon this crew in there yesterday on the ole ricketiness
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpr75splsbL/

Bunch of buddies of mine. I haven't had the bus to hit that. I managed one of the three that exist this year. That thing sees about 10 people.

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Bunch of buddies of mine. I haven't had the bus to hit that. I managed one of the three that exist this year. That thing sees about 10 people.

Yeah, I ride with Paul too and the kid Jack is killing it. Seems like the 'Spirit of Enduro' has revived that thing.

Ride anywhere? Now that is funny, without grooming fat biking is more like fat hiking with your bike.
    I have one and it's good for a quick rip in the evening, but I groom a bunch of trails with my sled. Local club bought a snow dog groomer and will be packing a bunch of trails this winter.

Top of Swansea yesterday.

There's the Rockies we know and... love?

Name:  45287264_1914772948572685_5137661423031156736_n.jpg
Views: 1190
Size:  36.9 KB

We're flying to Canmore for a visit Nov 10-18. Spending time with the fiancee's family and hoping to get a few tours in. I'm still recovering from tearing my hamstring in September but have been given the tentative go-ahead from physio to do mellow tours while out there. I'm seeing him again this week and will fully define what I'm capable of/ limited to but he's already ordered me to focus on keeping the angle while skinning to a minimum. SSV ski-out in yet? Anyone interested in getting out for some exercise, give me a holler.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

SSV and LL confirmed opening on Friday.

Odds are Norquay will be similar, or MIGHT try for a sneak Thusday.

nothing big for terrain I bet, but will nice to slide around again.

I know the Lake will be full WROD with a couple of runs open on the lower mountain.

Any idea which runs/chairs at Sunshine? (Standish and Strawberry per usual?)
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    Anyone interested in getting out for some exercise, give me a holler.
    Swissific is coming to town next week, prolly try to get out on the 13th somewhere if you're interested.

Saw that snow profile this morning.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    I know the Lake will be full WROD with a couple of runs open on the lower mountain.

Any idea which runs/chairs at Sunshine? (Standish and Strawberry per usual?)
    SSV is usually berry, wawa, jack, and wolf

Dish takes a bit more work, as it has a few rocky areas, and more rope/signage to install

SSV is usually berry, wawa, jack, and wolf

Dish takes a bit more work, as it has a few rocky areas, and more rope/signage to install
    Ah. Thanks. Haven't been to sunshine opener in a loooooong time.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

SSV and LL confirmed opening on Friday.

Odds are Norquay will be similar, or MIGHT try for a sneak Thusday.

nothing big for terrain I bet, but will nice to slide around again.
    Many moons ago did LL on an opening day. Me and 5,000 friends on Wiwaxy...called it the Wiwaxy 500.....not much fun.

Keen to ski tho....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Thought I would see here first before trying the shops...Anybody have 110 brakes for the Shift that they would prefer to trade for 100s? I saw RT's info on width so not too worried if I can't find anything but would still prefer the wider.

Nakiska tentative opening on Saturday and I must admit, its actually been pretty fun that first day the last few years...as long as you get there early for the first couple hours before the masses show up.

Marmot Friday 17th...

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Thought I would see here first before trying the shops...Anybody have 110 brakes for the Shift that they would prefer to trade for 100s? I saw RT's info on width so not too worried if I can't find anything but would still prefer the wider.
    PM Sent

confirmed

LL has WROD/wiwaxy 500

SSV has wawa, berry, jack, wolf (and some jumpy/slidy things for Spooky to hurt him self on)

Quay is cascade only, with a few rails too.

SSV opening today: skied 9:30-1. exceed expectations. I have seen FAR worse openings, 4 lifts running, what was open had good coverage, still some fresh (and rocks) to find if you sniff around.

will be at LL tomorrow morning for a bit, then off to see how thick the ice is for skating on vermillion lakes.