Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Best dive bar in Golden? Been to a couple in town, but I'm no expert. Ill be in town with a bad-ass chick that is hawt AF in a few weeks....bday is on St. Patties day, she loves dive bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer-Down View Post
    Best dive bar in Golden? Been to a couple in town, but I'm no expert. Ill be in town with a bad-ass chick that is hawt AF in a few weeks....bday is on St. Patties day, she loves dive bars.
    Just had a fun night in the Riverhouse!! Ask for a shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    Just had a fun night in the Riverhouse!! Ask for a shaft.
    God damn it.

Protocol, man. Protocol.

You need to get the nekkid pics of the hawt chick BEFORE you give the advice!

Maybe not pics of her ass specifically, as Hammer-Down already stated her ass is bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

anyone noticed an IKONic invasion anywhere close to what the Jackson Hole guys are bitching about?

Second the Riverhouse- dump-rocker bar- drinking with the locals

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Second the Riverhouse- dump-rocker bar- drinking with the locals
    thanks for the beta guys. come down for st. paddies day, you'll be able to pick her out. blonde

thanks for the beta guys. come down for st. paddies day, you'll be able to pick her up. blonde
    ^ FIFY

I wish this could have been a post looking for touring partners for Roger pass or good places to eat in Golden but alas...
    About halfway through my 2-month ski road trip, I flipped and subsequently totaled my car on a nasty patch of black ice in the Kicking Horse Canyon near Golden, so now I'm trying to figure out how to get back to San Francisco with all my gear (might be too much to fly).
    If anyone happens to be in the neighborhood and will be heading to any major city in the next few days (Calgary/Vancouver/Seattle/Spokane/Portland/San Franciscco/...), I'd love to get a ride. The closer to San Francisco, the better. I'm totally fine if there's skiing involved on the way; I was only supposed to be back in San Francisco by March 15th so I theoretically have time for more ski shenanigans. Have IKON pass and touring gear.

Any other help/tips would be appreciated too. I'm lucky to be alive and unhurt after all this but it's still a kinda shitty situation being stuck here in Golden with a car's worth of gear.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5363.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	271747

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    I skied some laps with Cole earlier this season and fuck did he make me feel old. Such a nice kid too, looking forward to see where this could take him.
    Haha, same here. Was shooting with him and his two mates in December and wow did they make everything look easy! I can't tell where the diving board in the vid is at Revy...anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by gerritkwood View Post
    I wish this could have been a post looking for touring partners for Roger pass or good places to eat in Golden but alas...
    About halfway through my 2-month ski road trip, I flipped and subsequently totaled my car on a nasty patch of black ice in the Kicking Horse Canyon near Golden, so now I'm trying to figure out how to get back to San Francisco with all my gear (might be too much to fly).
    If anyone happens to be in the neighborhood and will be heading to any major city in the next few days (Calgary/Vancouver/Seattle/Spokane/Portland/San Franciscco/...), I'd love to get a ride. The closer to San Francisco, the better. I'm totally fine if there's skiing involved on the way; I was only supposed to be back in San Francisco by March 15th so I theoretically have time for more ski shenanigans. Have IKON pass and touring gear.

Any other help/tips would be appreciated too. I'm lucky to be alive and unhurt after all this but it's still a kinda shitty situation being stuck here in Golden with a car's worth of gear.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5363.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	271747
    Dude, that sucks. Have you thought about renting a Uhaul truck? Could have your gear, drive one way and sleep in that mofo no problem. Would likely be cheaper than a flight and extra gear or shipping it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Dude, that sucks. Have you thought about renting a Uhaul truck? Could have your gear, drive one way and sleep in that mofo no problem. Would likely be cheaper than a flight and extra gear or shipping it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    This is a great idea... Uhaul does 1 way rentals across the border.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Thanks for Uhaul suggestion. Just looked into it. It's ~$1600 to get to SF with their 10' truck (the van/pickup is not available), so pretty pricey unfortunately and likely cheaper to fly, even with extra bag charges.
    One option could be to take it just to Spokane (~$500) and try and buy a car there. Looking into that now.

Hey Kicking Horse locals,
    My schedule allows 2 options for trying to time the conditions at Kicking Horse inbounds, but I am clueless about KH.

Which time block below would you choose if you're trying to get softer, smoother, easier conditions for FWT Ozone lines? (yeah right, haha).

I will ski 6 consecutive days at KH inbounds, but it must be either:
    - within March 3-11 (forecast not looking great)
    or
    - March 23-28 (Might get lucky with better conditions at that time, but that's only 2 weeks before closing day, so is that typically sucky deteriorating "late-season" conditions?)

The earlier period (see forecast below) seems "below average" to me, so would you wait 3 weeks and hope for it to swing back to above average?
    Name:  GoldenWeather.png
Views: 527
Size:  151.7 KB
    - TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

At this point I'd go with the later March spot as cold and dry for a bit. March typically gets a lot of snow so hopefully it turns soon. Riverhouse thumbs up as well. Rockwater has bands pretty regularly so you could check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Haha, same here. Was shooting with him and his two mates in December and wow did they make everything look easy! I can't tell where the diving board in the vid is at Revy...anybody know?
    Cole skis on the same freeride team as my oldest kid - the level of the top teenagers is pretty insane now. Junior big mtn comp at the Lake this weekend as well. 7-11/12-14 tomorrow. 15-18 qualifiers Saturday ER7 if you want to see that crew hucking to hardpack lol. Finals Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by gerritkwood View Post
    Thanks for Uhaul suggestion. Just looked into it. It's ~$1600 to get to SF with their 10' truck (the van/pickup is not available), so pretty pricey unfortunately and likely cheaper to fly, even with extra bag charges.
    One option could be to take it just to Spokane (~$500) and try and buy a car there. Looking into that now.
    What is insurance saying? Do you have replacement value on the car? Might be mother way to skin the cat...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

" March 23-28 (Might get lucky with better conditions at that time, but that's only 2 weeks before closing day, so is that typically sucky deteriorating "late-season" conditions?)"

KH is still winter up top in this period, its closing date has really nothing to do with conditions. Closing weekend can and has been a powder dump up top.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

yeah the River house was pretty good food was not good/good vibe

THE closest place to stay is Mary's motel which is like 1/2 a block away its not too bad and I have stayed there before

the night before going into GAH I stayed at the Ponderosa which was cheaper but ... sucked
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

yeah the River house was pretty good food was not good/good vibe

THE closest place to stay is Mary's motel which is like 1/2 a block away its not too bad and I have stayed there before

the night before going into GAH I stayed at the Ponderosa which was cheaper but ... sucked
    For good food I’d offer up eleven22, cedar house (more formal) as options. Wolfs Den also great for a kickass burger and good vibe. Whitetooth brewery for beer and bluebird for a breakfast burrito and Fratella coffee...

the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Haha... I like dive bars because I'm a dive of a person and I don't like going places where I'm conspicuously trash.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by brraaap802 View Post
    For good food I’d offer up eleven22, cedar house (more formal) as options. Wolfs Den also great for a kickass burger and good vibe. Whitetooth brewery for beer and bluebird for a breakfast burrito and Fratella coffee...
    Cedar House can be a crap shoot though always good you may leave hungrier that you went in and certainly your wallet will be much lighter. Whitetooth Bistro is good for the higher end without the drive down south and the extremely small but trendy portions.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

yeah I did eleven22 to meet n greet the nite before going into GAH

coming out of GAH I just wanted something easy to get to without driving from a hotel with working lights and TV

I've been to both of those places ^^ before

I stayed at that BnB pretty much across the street from eleven22 and it was pretty good BTW
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by dufferdan View Post
    What is insurance saying? Do you have replacement value on the car? Might be mother way to skin the cat...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Car didn't have collision insurance since it was so old.

Eventually found a ride to Calgary, and now in the airport on the way back to SF. Had some fun with Canadian and US bureaucracy (lost my green card in the crash) and paring down my luggage, but things worked out in the end.

In Banff - 5th - 12th March - fancy a slide?

Hi,

Over from the UK on my own, have just been in Fernie a week and I'll be staying in Banff from 5th to 12th March and looking for some buddies to ski with either touring or just up at the resort - got 4 days of lift passes for Big 3. Drop me a message if you want to go out for a slide. Staying in the Banff International Hostel and have a car so can give lifts if anyone needs one.

Cheers,
    Andy