Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0068.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	262200

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Dang , nice tracks on shoulder. I've heard rumors of a dive opening this week possibly.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=mntlion;5544300]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0068.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	262200

I know that line! And I can see the exact spot I tore my ACL!!

Moving out to Rossland for january-march. Been in BC before but new to this area.

Looking for beta and/or touring partners out of rossland/red mountain. Is there any particular recomendd maps, books, or routes?

Is it ok with patrol to skin up kirkup and ski the controlled resort area used for the $10 cat ski? Would be nice to do a few solo laps to get some uphill fitness back.

Any other general Rossland/red advice is much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    How long you around buddy? I'm heading down to castle for the winter starting jan 3. Love to show you around.
    Just until the 3rd. I haven't taken avy 1 yet so need to learn a bit so I can be a better partner out there. Really appreciate the offer though!

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app

dive might open today at SSV

Quote Originally Posted by jamesboarder View Post
    Moving out to Rossland for january-march. Been in BC before but new to this area.

Looking for beta and/or touring partners out of rossland/red mountain. Is there any particular recomendd maps, books, or routes?

Is it ok with patrol to skin up kirkup and ski the controlled resort area used for the $10 cat ski? Would be nice to do a few solo laps to get some uphill fitness back.

Any other general Rossland/red advice is much appreciated!
    James, try the Southern BC thread. There's more info in there.
    Southern Interior BC 2018-19
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=322615

Dive opening ok but not really worth it...variable crustiness and debris.
    Last edited by robnow; 01-01-2019 at 02:30 PM.

I'm back... ish.

Almost 2 years since injury, 18 months since ACL/MCL/PCL surgery, but I got on skis again about 10 days ago for a couple of hours at Louise. It went pretty well. Skiing doesn't hurt, but sitting on the lifts did and I was very sore after... but by later that night my knee felt the best it has since surgery. Considering that 2 months ago I still wasn't sure I'd ski this year, I'll take it. I'm still apprehensive about it but going to keep at it and try to take things easy.

And my Lady is super pregnant and will pop the kid out any time within the next couple of weeks, so I don't know how many opportunities I'll get this season.

I bought an RCR card thinking a quick run out for a couple of hours of mid-week groomers at Nakiska might be the most sensible option on a number of levels.

Let's see how this goes...
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by jakekeiffer01 View Post
    A Cryptocurrency (or cryptocurrency) could be a digital plus design to figure as a medium of exchanging that use sturdy cryptography to secure money transactions, management the creation of further units, and verify the transfers of assets.

GDAX and Coinbase area unit the world’s most well-liked cryptocurrency exchange. Each GDAX and Coinbase area unit operated by a similar company. They aim beginners or newcomers in commerce whereas GDAX targets older traders.

Buy Bitcoin with the gift cards isn't a giant deal any longer. Most of the massive brands and searching centers supply gift cards in shopping for Bitcoin. During this article, we are going to tell you concerning step by step technique to with success exchange your gift card balance for Bitcoins.
    Can I use Bitcoin to buy lift tickets in the Canadian Rockies, if not then Jake you don't belong here.

I'm back... ish.

Almost 2 years since injury, 18 months since ACL/MCL/PCL surgery, but I got on skis again about 10 days ago for a couple of hours at Louise. It went pretty well. Skiing doesn't hurt, but sitting on the lifts did and I was very sore after... but by later that night my knee felt the best it has since surgery. Considering that 2 months ago I still wasn't sure I'd ski this year, I'll take it. I'm still apprehensive about it but going to keep at it and try to take things easy.

And my Lady is super pregnant and will pop the kid out any time within the next couple of weeks, so I don't know how many opportunities I'll get this season.

I bought an RCR card thinking a quick run out for a couple of hours of mid-week groomers at Nakiska might be the most sensible option on a number of levels.

Glad to hear you are back in action and able to get out! Maybe having a new kid will mesh well with getting back on the slopes opportunistically to build your fitness and confidence in your knee.
    Looks like 2019 will be a year of good things for you.

2018/2019 CANADIAN ROCKIES THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    how many days on XXLs and bindings ??
    I’m not sure how many days they saw on snow. They were mounted with Dukes but they’re flat now.

Name:	IMG_0986.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	337.2 KB 
ID:	262570

Name:	IMG_0987.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	369.5 KB 
ID:	262572

Name:	IMG_0989.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	262573

Name:	IMG_0988.JPG 
Size:	360.2 KB 
ID:	262574

Name:	IMG_0990.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	421.0 KB 
ID:	262575

Sent from inside the house
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0986.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	262568  
    Last edited by Caucasian Asian; 01-02-2019 at 01:40 PM.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

that ski is SOOO much fun (on the right day) but it still scares me a bit (kinda like a tall redhead)

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    I’m not sure how many days they saw on snow. They were mounted with Dukes but they’re flat now.

Name:	IMG_0986.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	337.2 KB 
ID:	262570

Name:	IMG_0987.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	369.5 KB 
ID:	262572

Name:	IMG_0989.JPG 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	262573

Name:	IMG_0988.JPG 
Size:	360.2 KB 
ID:	262574

Name:	IMG_0990.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	421.0 KB 
ID:	262575

Sent from inside the house
    Fucking drooling over here. I have wanted that ski for so long.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Wiibert here has a pair of the 187 same vintage as that for sale

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    I'm back... ish.

Nicely done . That's a long recovery, and a lot of hard work . Glad you are back on snow and congrats on the kid.

20+ at LL overnight, (12 at SSV) and more coming thruout the day

12 up this way as well. Still coming down, hopefully it continues to stack up through the weekend.
    Move along nothing to see here.

Pano had 15 cm fresh overnight and still coming down. Did 8,000 vertical feet of boot deep powder snow before 10:45 AM, took a quick mocha break and back out. I was next in line to get on the Champagne chair when the power went out. That was a good miss. Apparently a tree took out the line on the Toby Creek road. One lift was able to fire up a diesel generator to limp everyone off. I have no idea about the other three. Hopefully they can get everyone off in orderly fashion. While valley is out of power at the moment.

Skied home and had some sweet turns thru the trees above our cabin. Now watching the thermostat drop. Should only be a couple of hours. Hopefully get out for more turns before the end of day. Fingers crossed. If not, tomorrow is going to be extra special. 20-30 cm of accumulation with little traffic for most of the day today will be awesome!

For those that may care, got to top of Champagne chair before summit opened up. Rolled down to upper Millenium and Elkhorn Glades, then down lower Millenium and cruised to triple chair. Taynton closed for avy check. Back to summit, a lap in trees at top, then next down thru Trigger, Elmo and Todd’s Playground. Rolled down thru De La Salle which was nice but choppy and hard on my back. Cut over to Zehnder which had all of 3 sets of tracks on it and had been recently groomed. Beautiful sliding! Good thing I got the coffee as I likely would have been on a chair when the power went out.

Still, not a terrible morning, though would prefer to still be out there. Unemployment has a few benefits!
    Using Tapatalk

Power back but only opening base lifts for the afternoon. Lousy timing, but probably the right thing to do. With no afternoon traffic and snow continuing to drop, tomorrow AM should be really sweet. Early to bed, light on the booze, and early up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Skiing solo at LL tomorrow if anyone is around for a few laps. Day 1 for the season and haven't been out this way in a while.

Light on the booze ..... gonna be a challenge.....long afternoon.....walking out to hot tub, beer in hand, ready for a soak and a nap....a dead lodge pole pine from neighbouring vacant lot had fallen on the hot tub and a branch pierced the cover. Back inside, change, get saws, cut up deadfall and go buy a new cover. INstall tomorrow, duct tape keeping critters out of the warm hole.

Frig, never stops. First priority is getting in the turns in the AM.

Using Tapatalk

Wow Marmot was firing today. Crowds packed it down pretty good but they couldnt keep up as it was puking all day. Low visability all day which keeps people from venturing too far. Patrol got Eagles East open so kudos to those men and women who sacrificed ptex and underwear to get it ready. Some of the best Janurary conditions in a decade...
    And it really stats snowing in March!!!
    If anyone is reading this and planning a Rockies trip or is coming soon, you picked a good time!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190103_115355.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	972.2 KB 
ID:	262812  

Quote Originally Posted by dufferdan View Post
    Light on the booze ..... gonna be a challenge.....long afternoon.....walking out to hot tub, beer in hand, ready for a soak and a nap....a dead lodge pole pine from neighbouring vacant lot had fallen on the hot tub and a branch pierced the cover. Back inside, change, get saws, cut up deadfall and go buy a new cover. INstall tomorrow, duct tape keeping critters out of the warm hole.

Frig, never stops. First priority is getting in the turns in the AM.

The village was pretty crazy when the power went out. People wandering around like they were lost. Crazy Windy on the benches right now and warm, supposed to be +9 tomorrow in Town.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

25 MORE overnight, 71 in 24 hours and 109 in 6 days at LL