Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 279
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    19,679


    spooky is the big winner this year.


  2. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,682
    Damn. Thanks for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    6,655
    Shit!! That was really good until it wasn’t . Did t4,5,6,7 in the bike park. You’ll be back on it 100% I’m sure and skiing deeper pow because of it. Shorter people ski deeper pow

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Boulder/Tetons
    Posts
    403
    Glad you’re getting better spooky. Broke my sacrum, l1/2,smashed my wrist to cornflakes a while back (40ft groundfall rock climbing) PT was worth 150% of my effort. Look forward to skiing w you

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Banff, AB
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Shit!! That was really good until it wasn’t . Did t4,5,6,7 in the bike park. You’ll be back on it 100% I’m sure and skiing deeper pow because of it. Shorter people ski deeper pow
    I was already pretty set on the short front but an extra faceshot or two wouldn't hurt.

    Quote Originally Posted by cdubski View Post
    Glad you’re getting better spooky. Broke my sacrum, l1/2,smashed my wrist to cornflakes a while back (40ft groundfall rock climbing) PT was worth 150% of my effort. Look forward to skiing w you
    Jeez, that sounded violent. Looking forward to catching some turns with you too.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,360
    Anybody else remember skier turned LA rapper Jon McMurray? He died yesterday in a skydiving accident. I remember sessioning the Wall jump at Fortress with him (my first time doing backflips) after the St. Patrick's blizzard of '98.


  7. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Calgary/Golden
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Anybody else remember skier turned LA rapper Jon McMurray? He died yesterday in a skydiving accident. I remember sessioning the Wall jump at Fortress with him (my first time doing backflips) after the St. Patrick's blizzard of '98.

    Damn, did some laps with him probably a decade ago but outside of that didn’t really know him. Seemed liked a cool kid at the time. RIP

  8. #83
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    give'er eh!
    Posts
    1,318
    Anyone looking to make some money before ski season gets full swing? I have a xmas light installation job opening starting monday. PM me for details.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    19,679
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Anyone looking to make some money before ski season gets full swing? I have a xmas light installation job opening starting monday. PM me for details.
    Do you have much work in the bow valley? or mostly in calgary?


  10. #85
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    give'er eh!
    Posts
    1,318
    We do a lot of the Canmore-Banff hotels.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    19,679
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    We do a lot of the Canmore-Banff hotels.
    I might know some people that can do bow valley work.


  12. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    invermere
    Posts
    472
    Heard a friend was caught in a slide on the weekend, Mt Patterson I believe. He's recovering in hospital luckily. Healing vibes, Stay safe out there.
    We've had some crazy weather in the eastern Purcell area, cold and rain at lower elevations but snow up high since Oct 1. Could make for a great season or shit show.

    Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    19,679

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    invermere
    Posts
    472
    So Pano now has a dedicated cat with cab to transport people to the monster from the ridge and you can buy a season pass for a mear $300






    Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    So Pano now has a dedicated cat with cab to transport people to the monster from the ridge and you can buy a season pass for a mear $300






    Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    Is it a long hike?

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    invermere
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rogers View Post
    Is it a long hike?
    15mins

    Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    heart in terrace, ass in cowtown
    Posts
    2,871
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    So Pano now has a dedicated cat with cab to transport people to the monster from the ridge and you can buy a season pass for a mear $300

    Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    So won't that track out a bunch of stuff that used to be yours with a mere 15min hike? Are you sad?
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

    www.mymountaincoop.ca

    This is OUR mountain - come join us!

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    19,679
    its Pano, From what I have seen no one uses the high end terrain much, and less so on pow days.

    if I could pick any hil to have 20-30cm fresh it would be pano, Fall line skiing, and NO ONE in the fun terrain


  19. #94
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    heart in terrace, ass in cowtown
    Posts
    2,871
    Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    its Pano, From what I have seen no one uses the high end terrain much, and less so on pow days.

    if I could pick any hil to have 20-30cm fresh it would be pano, Fall line skiing, and NO ONE in the fun terrain
    hmmm, not Red or castle? Revy? I suppose the No one in the fun terrain could be the kicker.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

    www.mymountaincoop.ca

    This is OUR mountain - come join us!

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    106
    They ran the cat on some weekends last year. It resulted in everyone skiing the terrain accessed by the cat, leaving the rest of Tayton even emptier than normal.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    19,679
    Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    hmmm, not Red or castle? Revy? I suppose the No one in the fun terrain could be the kicker.
    based on normal traffic at the hill? hells ya. Reve and KH get lined up, with good skiers. Pano is ski-on, with a bunch of famillies and old guys on "carvers" (both are huge generalizations)
    tayton bowl laps are 2000 ft of good skiing, 2000ft more back to the lift, and 3 lifts/20min recovery time.

    thats said how often does Pano get 20-30? few times a year tops, so I'm happy its close, but glad I dont have to only ski there


  22. #97
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    invermere
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    So won't that track out a bunch of stuff that used to be yours with a mere 15min hike? Are you sad?
    I don't ski the resort much so it doesn't matter to me but it's a cool idea. Just the fact they are willing to put some money out to try something new is a plus, the cost is debatable but there is always people willing to pay I guess.



    Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    invermere
    Posts
    472
    This is spot on and why 90%of my days are in the backcountry.
    Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    based on normal traffic at the hill? hells ya. Reve and KH get lined up, with good skiers. Pano is ski-on, with a bunch of famillies and old guys on "carvers" (both are huge generalizations)
    tayton bowl laps are 2000 ft of good skiing, 2000ft more back to the lift, and 3 lifts/20min recovery time.

    thats said how often does Pano get 20-30? few times a year tops, so I'm happy its close, but glad I dont have to only ski there
    Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    19,679
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    This is spot on and why 90%of my days are in the backcountry.
    Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

    yup, If I was in inveremere, mine too.

    would be cool to see a KH/Pano pass one day.


  25. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    557
    The biking is absolutely prime in the bow valley.

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •