Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Just a heads up to anyone with a kid under 5 and a mountain collective pass. Even though it should be free, MC does not have a free ticket once your free days are used. For example at lake louise after our free days were used I would have figured 50% off of free is free. However even for a 3 yo they charged 18.11$ as in the MC system the child pass is 36$.
    This applies to all resorts is my understanding. If skiing more than your free days with your kid get the home hillmpass for the season 20$ or get a day pass each time.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Coming out to ski SSV March 4-8 with my wife. Any mags willing to meet up and show us around at SSV and the Dive for a few laps? We're both expert skiers used to lapping off the Ridge at Bridger as a point of reference and we will have our trancievers/probe/shovel. Just looking for a quick lay of the land and meet/ ski with some good people for some laps. Happy to provide lunch/dinner, beers.

Any mags in the Revy area atm? Would be great to meet up for a tour/ski or even a beer with somebody

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Coming out to ski SSV March 4-8 with my wife. Any mags willing to meet up and show us around at SSV and the Dive for a few laps? We're both expert skiers used to lapping off the Ridge at Bridger as a point of reference and we will have our trancievers/probe/shovel. Just looking for a quick lay of the land and meet/ ski with some good people for some laps. Happy to provide lunch/dinner, beers.
    Funny: banff is home for me, and I'm BZ right now. I might be home by March 4th, and happy to show you around if I am. PM spooky and see if he can show you around. Its MUCH easier to find your way around compaired to the ridge a BB. its 100% alpine so you can see what you are getting into for the most part.

this can help a a bit too.

Oh ya, bring some grannies donuts too please
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ighlight=banff

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    Funny: banff is home for me, and I'm BZ right now. I might be home by March 4th, and happy to show you around if I am. PM spooky and see if he can show you around. Its MUCH easier to find your way around compaired to the ridge a BB. its 100% alpine so you can see what you are getting into for the most part.

this can help a a bit too.

Oh ya, bring some grannies donuts too please
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ighlight=banff
    Thanks mntlion. Coming from Maine so the only granny donuts are these... excellent pack food BTW. Hope to hook up if you're back home by then, people are a big part of what make travel great.

Also appreciate your How to Ski Banff thread info.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Anyone here work for Louise or Sunshine that might have some friends and family passes they could spare? I could return the favor with cheap Fernie passes. PM me for more details if interested.

Coming out to ski SSV March 4-8 with my wife.
    Are you staying at SSV the whole time? Try to spend more time at Louise...and Kicking Horse for that matter if you can. Highly recommend Chuck's in town if you feel like splurging on a dinner (grass fed tenderloin, yum).

Edit: never mind, with the strength of US vs CAN dollar, you won't need to splurge...Chuck's every night

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Are you staying at SSV the whole time? Try to spend more time at Louise...and Kicking Horse for that matter if you can. Highly recommend Chuck's in town if you feel like splurging on a dinner (grass fed tenderloin, yum).
    We are staying on the mountain at the SSV Lodge for the week. Wife is recovering from a bout with Lyme disease and we opted for the ease of Ski in/out in case her energy levels aren't up to par. If needed she can ski down and head to the room while I keep skiing. Not ideal but it is what it is.

I'll be skiing Revy/LL/SSV with a visiting friend from 1-5 March - not sure where on which days yet. I'll then have a bunch to catch up on when I'm back to work after that but would be happy to show you around if I'm up at SSV during your window. PM me closer to time as a reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    I'll be skiing Revy/LL/SSV with a visiting friend from 1-5 March - not sure where on which days yet. I'll then have a bunch to catch up on when I'm back to work after that but would be happy to show you around if I'm up at SSV during your window. PM me closer to time as a reminder.
    Thanks Spooky... will do.

Fernie should be good today...50 cm?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tintin5 View Post
    Fernie should be good today...50 cm?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Oh man... That's classic Fernie. Expected a few cms yesterday and get 50... Craziness!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Oh man... That's classic Fernie. Expected a few cms yesterday and get 50... Craziness!

I don't think we got 50cm on the lower mountain, but still not a bad morning...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	271016

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evil View Post

Sweet!

I'm jealously stuck in Calgary nursing my back.

20 cm of blower at Red this AM. Awesome.

Diving home tomorrow for a funeral, but this was a great place to ski.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evil View Post

Bam! Nice, castle was good. But not that good.
    Heal up fast ShortyJ.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    ^^
    Ok, pm me or post up what you end up doing. If I tour it will be on touring gear, sort of leaning that way to give my ancient knees a break.
    Trip cut short due to death of an old friend. Did two days in Red, Friday and Sat, drove home yesterday for funeral today. 20cm on Saturday of some of the lightest blower I have experienced. really great day.

Gonna be a sad day today.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dufferdan View Post
    Trip cut short due to death of an old friend.

Gonna be a sad day today.
    Damn. That's terrible DD. Sorry for your loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Shit Dan, sorry to hear. Condolences man.

In Banff til weds, at ssv today and will ski Louise tomorrow and weds, if any one wants to meet up for a ski/beer let me know!

Local young gun Cole Richardson is the Young Gun!

^^^ don't think I've ever seen a triple back flip even attempted... That was impressive.

Skiied some awesome bottomless blower and pillows at the wawa cliffs at SSV today, it was sick!

Kicked off some decent sluffs but it was otherwise ok. Cold as hell, was -22 when I got to the car.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Local young gun Cole Richardson is the Young Gun!

I skied some laps with Cole earlier this season and fuck did he make me feel old. Such a nice kid too, looking forward to see where this could take him.

This weather can fuck off, -27 again this morning.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk