Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Sunshine was absolutely stomperiffic today. Tomorrow should be good too and I bet the Lake is skiing the same...GET SOME!

Anybody from cowtown want to car pool tomorrow to Louise?
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Frick. Need the wife to bring my gear back from Pano....not likely....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Just realized Thursday works better for me anyway, that work for you Dan? anyone else heading to Louise Thurs?
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Just saw this. Unfortunately I left my gear at the hill, wife and SIL get home tomorrow night and I am taking SIL to Flames/Lightning. Rest of Outlaws arrive Friday and daughter’s birthday brunch Saturday AM before I take my BIL to Sat afternoon Flames game. Had meetings every day this week for networking/re-employment search.

The shin-bang I got at the camp last week is now healed up enough I probably don’t bleed out in my boot.

Looks like after Jan7 I could be good for a Louse/Sunshine day. Heading back to Pano on the 28th. Really gonna miss skiing Christmas Day. I love two hours out that afternoon.
    Using Tapatalk

All lifts open at Marmot and patrol is working all the fun stuff. Snowfall warning for Jasper but the last one sort of fizzled so hopefully we squeeze 10 plus cm out of this one.

Louise was very good yesterday and will be amazing today.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Pretty good week for Pano, recent storms bring snow pack to "normal"No crowds yet, report from the kid today was fresh tracks still at 4pm.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I'll be coming out to Banff the first week of March with my wife to ski Sunshine. Usually ski Bridger but mixing it up this year. It will be our first time in the area and I'll be following along for the updates. Any advice/ local info is welcomed.

March is usually a good time to come. I'm sure you'll find plenty of info as we get closer.

Great thread. Subscribing for the stoke and hopes to visit soon.
    Last edited by skinipenem; 12-22-2018 at 03:58 PM.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    I'll be coming out to Banff the first week of March with my wife to ski Sunshine. Usually ski Bridger but mixing it up this year. It will be our first time in the area and I'll be following along for the updates. Any advice/ local info is welcomed.
    Good time. Will still be winter and usually now spring here. Snow pack will be still increasing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Pretty good week for Pano, recent storms bring snow pack to "normal"No crowds yet, report from the kid today was fresh tracks still at 4pm.

Fck. Stuck in Cowtown with the Outlaws for Xmas. Be there in a week.....

Using Tapatalk

Try to get a day in at Lake Louise especially on a sunny day, the mountain scenery at LL is among the best or THE best in North America. The original lift wasn't installed for skiing but built for summer time viewing of the actual Lake Louise on the other side of the valley.

I'll put in a plug for Revelstoke's views as well--it was beautiful this morning. Although I don't get the impression that sunny days are common. Incredible snow and terrain all week at Revelstoke, capped off by the Subpeak opening today.

A few photos from today:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1501.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	261209

Name:	IMG_1504.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	261210

Name:	IMG_1509.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	261211

Name:	IMG_1510.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	261212

Name:	IMG_1516.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	447.7 KB 
ID:	261213

Nice pics! In my experience you can go weeks without seeing the sun from town, but it's closer to 50/50 from the top of Stoke chair (or at least something more closely resembling the sun)

Another 10cms at pano this morning

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    Try to get a day in at Lake Louise especially on a sunny day, the mountain scenery at LL is among the best or THE best in North America. The original lift wasn't installed for skiing but built for summer time viewing of the actual Lake Louise on the other side of the valley.
    Will certainly try to get over to Lake Louise. I opted for the easy button and purchased the 5-day ski in/ ski out lodging and lift ticket package at Sunshine Lodge. Lift ticket should be good for Lake Louise? I assume there is a free shuttle to get from Sunshine over to Lake and back? Am I correct that Sunshine can be rough if it is stormy/windy due to exposure? Fingers crossed for snowy and calm...

Will certainly try to get over to Lake Louise. I opted for the easy button and purchased the 5-day ski in/ ski out lodging and lift ticket package at Sunshine Lodge. Lift ticket should be good for Lake Louise? I assume there is a free shuttle to get from Sunshine over to Lake and back? Am I correct that Sunshine can be rough if it is stormy/windy due to exposure? Fingers crossed for snowy and calm...
    Nope (unless they happen to be Ski Big 3 tix, which I don't think would be the case staying on hill @ SSV).

Also no to shuttle - it would be back to Banff, then a different shuttle to LL.

While there are certainly times when one of LL or SSV will be better than the other, it's not really easy to predict in advance (snow reports aren't always up super early, and don't always give a perfect picture). If it's stormy in the alpine at one, it probably is at the other, too. SSV has a few more short and low lifts in the trees, so it's probably a bit better if it's stormy, or even just really cold.

if you ask at the front desk, or check in at the base of the goldola, there is usually a 1*day bus that goes from LL to SSV, so it MIGHT go directly back to LL as well? Overall not super easy, but doable.

If its stormy SSV will have some terrain/lifts that is still in the trees (wawa, strawberry, standish, jack, wolf) but as its higher elevation than LL it will have more snow, more wind, and less treed terrain.

Goldola runs late on Fri & sat nights so you can go into banff, and still get back. Maybe a bit more over holidays?

If the "freeride" zones are open, bring beacon, shovel, probe.

is silver city permanently off the map now?

Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    Yes. I believe that bar in banff shut down in the early 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Yes. I believe that bar in banff shut down in the early 90's.
    You're thinking of Syphilis City.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    You're thinking of Syphilis City.
    I think the replacement is the Dancing Sasquatch. Ended up there after our annual company ski day the last several years....gong show....

Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    Its a SSV closeuse, so once SSV closes for the season, and ropes/signs etc are pulled its not closed anymore.

also by that time its usually slide to ground (june1)