Voice Dictation Software

I have a long manuscript I've been writing by hand (nostalgic, I know). I need to get it into a word document now to begin the editing process.

My gf suggested that I could speak it into the computer rather than typing the whole thing out, sounds like a great idea. I'm new to the game tho, have no idea where to start. She knew the concept but not the specific program to use.

Anyone have experience with something that could get this done for me, obviously at a cheap or free price?

TIA-

If you have Outlook or Word, Microsoft garage has built a Office add-in: https://dictate.ms/

I've been playing with this lately to use for real-time translation, and it works well, as long as you speak clearly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Word 2016 has it built-in, on the home tab click dictate. If you want something more professional dragon naturally speaking.

Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately I have either Word 2008 or Word 2011 on the two Macs in my house. Don't laugh.

It should work for you, using the MAC OS X dictation into word: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...f-4a343e59bbb1

I don't have access to a Mac, so I can't help test right now.
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.