Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanmells View Post
    Just to piggyback on the same thread real quick, my girlfriend is getting pretty jealous.
    Any recommendations for a women's Japow ski? She's on the smaller side, probably like 5' 2". Went to a ski school, really good clean technique, but not super strongly burly racer type.
    Wife loves the DPS yvette . It’s RP112 in chick sizes and colors.
    Light, snappy, slightly slarvy but also carves groomers so it’s a great travel ski
    Last edited by Core Shot; 09-17-2018 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Yvette. Thx
    . . .

Nina is 99, Yvette is 112rp

...I live on the East Coast and I'm hoping for something that might have more use than just some hopeful bi-annual trip to Japan.

...my current new snow skis are Fat-ypus D-Senders...
    Have you ever skied on anything fatter than a D-Sender?

Sure, you will have a blast and your mind will be blown if you make the huge quantum leap from a 112mm Fatypus D-Sender to a 128mm Protest.

If I make a bunch of assumptions based on the incomplete info you provided, then I'm guessing your mind will be blown sufficiently by a smaller jump from 112mm to one of the many popular 122mm-waist ski models with significantly rockered tail. You know...like Bentchetler, Salomon Rocker2 122, Hellbent/Pettitor, Jeffrey122, Volkl Two, Surface NewLife, Fischer Big Six 122, etc.

I'm guessing this proposal would deliver a sufficiently "mind-blowing" increase in both float and pivoty-ness. The risk is you might not like the different feel of such exaggerated rocker tails, and/or the different feel of the more forward mount positions (and more upright stances) that are appropriate for such rockered tails.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    Have you ever skied on anything fatter than a D-Sender?

Sure, you will have a blast and your mind will be blown if you make the huge quantum leap from a 112mm Fatypus D-Sender to a 128mm Protest.

If I make a bunch of assumptions based on the incomplete info you provided, then I'm guessing your mind will be blown sufficiently by a smaller jump from 112mm to one of the many popular 122mm-waist ski models with significantly rockered tail. You know...like Bentchetler, Salomon Rocker2 122, Hellbent/Pettitor, Jeffrey122, Volkl Two, Surface NewLife, Fischer Big Six 122, etc.

I'm guessing this proposal would deliver a sufficiently "mind-blowing" increase in both float and pivoty-ness. The risk is you might not like the different feel of such exaggerated rocker tails, and/or the different feel of the more forward mount positions (and more upright stances) that are appropriate for such rockered tails.

Valid question. D-Sender is as fat as I have been on other than a half day demo on some Pettitors.
    I do have a little more experience though when it comes to more modern upright style of skiing.
    I appreciate your concern, and your advocating for moderation is totally heard.
    I guess I've always sort of been in the mindset of ”...but this one goes to 11."
    It does seem like I might actually have better luck finding secondhand super fats on here though, for what it's worth.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...I guess I've always sort of been in the mindset of ”...but this one goes to 11."...
    Nothing wrong with that approach. With Protests, I doubt you'll have any regrets in Japan...so any possible regrets would only be when you might possibly wish they were more useful on the EastCoast. Not a bad problem to have---Protests could end up motivating you to take trips out West on the years that you can't make it all the way to Japan.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Intuitive Powder Ski

DPS Lotus 124 Foundation on STP for $300

Dont know if this fits the bill, but cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Betelgeuse; 09-21-2018 at 10:27 PM.

Personally there is absolutely no way I would go to Japan without my Lotus 138. The float, slarvability, how easy it is to pivot and slice and dice in the trees is second to none. It sucks for skiing gromers though. So bring another pair.

This is going to sound very strange after what I saw next, but I think if I ever ponied up for a DPS ski it wouldn't be from the Foundation line. And......

In regards to the Lotus 138, if I found a pair at a reasonable price I'd be into it, but generally they are a little over my acceptable price range. Plus I'm kind of hoping for one pair each between my girlfriend and I for the trip so I'd probably have to supplement with a rental. Or get her a ski bag for Christmas and have her deal with her own stuff during the trip....

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    DPS Lotus 124 Foundation on STP for $300

Dont know if this fits the bill, but cheap!

#sustainableindustry
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by geo039 View Post
    #sustainableindustry
    I dont get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    I dont get it?

Guessing its a joke about manufacturers overproducing skis in China, then selling them below costs of manufacturing which screws small companies that typically have to actual sell their skis for what they cost to make or more.

Saw some hybrid lotus 138 in 182 with demo marker for $225 at local shop today
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Clicked on this thread wondering why anyone would want a Dynastar Intuitive or consider it to be a powder ski...

... made more sense once I read some posts.
    Hey! Those are my favorite rock skis your badmouthing!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0954.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	248440
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    Hey! Those are my favorite rock skis your badmouthing!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0954.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	248440
    You clicked on this thread thinking Dynastar Intuitive too, didn't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I did indeed. I was thinking they were going to reintroduce the brand.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Any beta on how a Pescado would do in Japan? As I was narrowing down the list of skis I'm considering this one somehow snuck in. Other than potential durability concerns I feel like it'd serve me well around New England.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app