Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Trust me, my mind does not work. In fact it's been trying to kill me for many years.

But thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Yes but no, when it comes to fatal attacks. You should never assume that the bear approaching you falls into the category of "most bears". There's plenty of examples of predatory bears. Seems like many of the fatal grizzly attacks in the Rockies are predatory, not territorial. In the 20 years I've lived in the Rockies, I can remember at least four cases of grizz killing humans for prey, two of them very recent. They are all listed in the database below. Just a year ago, a guy camping in Teton Canyon awoke to find a black bear gnawing on his skull. It happens. Fortunately, he lived to tell the tale.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._North_America

"Wallace's remains were found by hikers on the Mary Mountain Trail, northeast of Old Faithful. Wallace was hiking alone. An autopsy showed that Wallace died from a bear attack According to a report released by Yellowstone rangers, park officials had attempted to give Wallace a lecture about bear safety, but he was not interested, calling himself a "grizzly bear expert""

Well, good, then.

Did I just say that out loud?

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Some, but their territory is also expanding
    In the Western US? AFAIK, the general trend is that human development continues to chip away at the margins of cougar range. Maybe one could claim "expansion" in isolated places -- but those would be individual cats returning to places where they got chased out by human development, so that's more about elasticity of the range margins as the cats adjust to human encroachment. And, of course, there's elasticity depending on prey population trends.

Anyway, the recent handful of attacks -- including fatal attacks near Hood and re the mountain biker near North Bend WA -- have been in well within established cougar range.

I didn't hear it.

Then again, my hearing is atrocious.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

your hearing is fine.

what?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

My mother said to me once (after 1 too many "what?" replies to what she was saying I'm sure), "You're not hard of hearing, you're hard of listening".

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    "Wallace's remains were found by hikers on the Mary Mountain Trail, northeast of Old Faithful. Wallace was hiking alone. An autopsy showed that Wallace died from a bear attack According to a report released by Yellowstone rangers, park officials had attempted to give Wallace a lecture about bear safety, but he was not interested, calling himself a "grizzly bear expert""
    One could argue his claim was dead on accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    In the Western US? AFAIK, the general trend is that human development continues to chip away at the margins of cougar range. Maybe one could claim "expansion" in isolated places -- but those would be individual cats returning to places where they got chased out by human development, so that's more about elasticity of the range margins as the cats adjust to human encroachment. And, of course, there's elasticity depending on prey population trends.

Anyway, the recent handful of attacks -- including fatal attacks near Hood and re the mountain biker near North Bend WA -- have been in well within established cougar range.
    Black tail deer have been declining in the wild for decades. But, deer like the open habitat that human development creates; they thrive in it. Deer populations are often more robust around human activity than they are out in the depths of dank forest. The lions are going to follow.

It's like surfing near a seal colony. Some one gets bit sooner or later.

Sounds like the current plan is to hunt with dogs and kill every cat they find until they get a DNA match with what they found on her body.

New territory for next year's dumb young guy.

Well dam. ^ A problem this board can solve. Dentists of the forums UNITE and rid the world of human eating cats.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    My buddy I mentioned earlier in this thread is one of the guys running dogs up there.
    Yeah, but how big is his Dick?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Hey Pussy.....Fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Maybe that's just how they act around you. They usually strike up a conversation and offer to buy me a glass of chardonnay. I'm always quite flattered.
    Did someome say chardonnay?
    https://youtu.be/nIhhX1j-I-w
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    My buddy I mentioned earlier in this thread is one of the guys running dogs up there.
    Neat.

Good dogs

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2019/0...n-pkg-vpx.komo

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums