Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    ...I wish I'd ... spent more time locally in the mountains instead of wasting it, somewhat, on car trips to the Sierra (as awesome as they are)
    That’s a good point. The Santa Ynez/coastal mountain range is surprising when you get to exploring. There are a lot of fascinating places to explore, chaparral, oaks, Douglas-fir, and springs and rivers. Okay, there’re no high mountains or skiing, but I’ve been pretty amazed in that country. I was on a fire crew on the Los Padres and got to see some dope shit, as the kids say.
    I swear on my glass eye,

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    That’s a good point. The Santa Ynez/coastal mountain range is surprising when you get to exploring. There are a lot of fascinating places to explore, chaparral, oaks, Douglas-fir, and springs and rivers. Okay, there’re no high mountains or skiing, but I’ve been pretty amazed in that country. I was on a fire crew on the Los Padres and got to see some dope shit, as the kids say.
    mountain lions, 'yotes, deer, views, and few people. the mountains behind SB and towards the west are one of the least populated areas in california, and almost certainly the least visited.

Actually some of the ugliest mountains around. Definitely some gem spots here and there, but over all I'm not impressed. Mostly big pils of dirt with stubby plants. Some riparian zones are pretty nice. As are some of the oak woodlands, but those are more in the hill areas and less in the mountains. Good place to bury dead hookers, though.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Hey folks,

Wanted to update yall. No dice on the aforementioned job, so no.socal in my future. All good though, got a good prospect at my current org so I'll be happy. Thanks again for the.tips!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using TGR Forums mobile app
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.