Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

2018 Hurricanes (Formerly Hurricane Florence)

Is about to slam into the outer banks the next few days as a Cat 3 or 4, then stall out inland.

http://flhurricane.com/cyclone/storm...r=2018&storm=6

While not a record breaking storm like Irma this thing is going to devastate the coast and flood the interior.
    Last edited by neufox47; 10-09-2018 at 03:33 AM.

I heard somewhere they were expecting 40' seas at 15 second intervals at Diamond Shoals. The entire Hatteras Island will be flooded if that happens.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

I'm guessing that the Blue Ridge towns, like around Asheville, could get hit hard. The initial impact will hit the coast, and get the most of the media hype, but, as in Vermont after Sandy and that one the year before Sandy, whatever it was called (Irene?), when they stall and rain like fire hoses over mountains, Hoo boy, look out.

Be interesting to see Trump's FEMA response, and, even more interesting, if those red places that are about to incur billions in damage get on their knees for guvment money, and they get it.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    I heard somewhere they were expecting 40' seas at 15 second intervals at Diamond Shoals. The entire Hatteras Island will be flooded if that happens.

This has happened for thousands of years. The OBX gets hit, on average, every 3 years by at least a tropical storm. Problem is that there are a bunch of fools living there in homes on stilts these days.
    I spent a week there almost exactly this week about fifteen years ago. There was a storm just the week before. Landlord told us that everyone has to leave to save their cars, because, it takes a lot less than 40 ft. waves to flood the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I'm guessing that the Blue Ridge towns, like around Asheville, could get hit hard. The initial impact will hit the coast, and get the most of the media hype, but, as in Vermont after Sandy and that one the year before Sandy, whatever it was called (Irene?), when they stall and rain like fire hoses over mountains, Hoo boy, look out...
    Not to mention it's been pouring for three days...and, by then, 8 days. There's gonna be no where for the water to go...except to flood everything from Charlotte to Scranton.

It's gonna be a mess!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

they keep moving the track a little north, which I'm sure is bad for a lotta folks but good for my peeps. Savanah-HHI continue to be virtually storm-proof...
    "Can't you see..."

Time to remodel all those million dollar beach front houses anyway.

3 days of rain already, with a poopton more coming from the hurricane. At least it's not oppressively hot anymore?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

if those red places that are about to incur billions in damage get on their knees for guvment money, and they get it.
    They will, and they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    they keep moving the track a little north, which I'm sure is bad for a lotta folks but good for my peeps. Savanah-HHI continue to be virtually storm-proof...
    KNOCK ON WOOD, but it is pretty amazing how many times HHI has been spared and they have the massive oak trees to show for it. If they ever do get hit, it'll be a huge mess.

I wonder if they'll feel any storm surge or flooding at all. Even a little rise can flood the low country.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Time to remodel all those million dollar beach front houses anyway.
    And, your tax dollar supported insurance coverage will pay for it.

Some of the houses on the OBX have swimming pools on stilts.

And, your tax dollar supported insurance coverage will pay for it.

Some of the houses on the OBX have swimming pools on stilts.
    Yes, I know a family on topsail that had you rebuild their home before.

Send them some color samples/ schemes.

Yes, I know a family on topsail that had you rebuild their home before.

Send them some color samples/ schemes.
    The Jersey Shaw is still home to million dollar beachfront homes and a little back after Sandy. Thanks, America!

More than you really need to know: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAchCp4HcPo&t=934s

This guy is a profesional meterologist, his comapny provides forecasts to agricultural and industrial interests and governemnt. He's smart if a bit dramatic at times.

Bottom line: minimal impact on the NE, massive rains further south. Essentially Isabel/Fran or a hybrid. Long informative video as all of his are. He wastes a lot of time hating on the GFS model, you can just skip through that.

Hatteras now ordered evacuated.

East Tennessee is in the wind up on this too. Our region seems pretty solidly hit in most of the predicted paths.

East Tennessee will be a paradise for ornithologists as after these storms, all kinds of weird shit shows up on the TVA reservoirs. Life listers will be scrambling to find pelagic's to put on their Tennessee list.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

After last yrs hoax, I’m calling bullshit on all this.

Book a weekend getaway for a discount. Bring the surfboard.

Florence could impact Florence.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Florence could impact Florence.
    Also Henderson NC.

It's the Florence-Henderson storm.

That guy really doesn't like the GFS. It's always interesting to go back and see if what they predict actually comes true because it really doesn't matter. I really shoulda been a weatherman

I feel like we'll be saying goodbye to Ellicott City.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I feel like we'll be saying goodbye to Ellicott City.
    Yeah, jezuz, on the ropes.

After last yrs hoax, I’m calling bullshit on all this.

Book a weekend getaway for a discount. Bring the surfboard.
    Hoax? The meteorologists have nailed almost every forecast for a major storm the last few years. They were predicting this when Florence was a TS. Really incredible how accurate they can be an people still claim they don’t know what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    3 days of rain already, with a poopton more coming from the hurricane. At least it's not oppressively hot anymore?
    Some more coming after Florence. Hopefully not in the same exact place though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	306.9 KB 
ID:	246889

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Hoax? The meteorologists have nailed almost every forecast for a major storm the last few years. They were predicting this when Florence was a TS. Really incredible how accurate they can be an people still claim they don’t know what they are talking about.
    It's the deep state French Toast Consortium!

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I mean the media. Scaring the shot out of everyone so that they never listen again.