Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    First bands hit in East Tennessee late yesterday. Rain started sometime after midnight and is ongoing. Winds 10-15. We are supposed to end up with 2-4" here in the next few days.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Every damned time we get power line killing weather some poor fool kills themselves running a generator or charcoal/gas grill inside their house. Two people found dead of Carbon Monoxide poisoning thanks to running their generator indoors. People PLEASE don't try that at home EVER!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Still can’t beat the fakest news clip of all time.

2:30, I’m gonna get my hamburger and coffee, or maybe covfeffe
    Skip to 7 minutes and watch him put on the gas mask. Lol
    I believe that one has been debunked.

Well, up until last night we'd never even lost satellite reception in Durham. Several flood warnings last night and then TWO different tornado warnings this morning as that bitch blew back this way a little bit. There are also parts of town that are flooded which I've not seen flooded in the entire 20 years I've lived here previously... and this is just the remnants. Farther south and east where the rivers converge there are countless levee breaks and dam failures. This is the 2nd "1,000 year flood" there in less than 2 years. People are going to have to make hard choices on whether rebuilding again within 5 miles of those rivers or coastal zones is worth the risk again.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    <snip> People are going to have to make hard choices on whether rebuilding again within 5 miles of those rivers or coastal zones is worth the risk again.
    I suspect that if *they* aren't the ones paying for it, they'll probably conclude that yes, it is worth the risk.

I’m glad you are relatively untouched riding out the hurricane.
    Hang in there, JongGuy!

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I suspect that if *they* aren't the ones paying for it, they'll probably conclude that yes, it is worth the risk.

I know three families in one of the impacted areas inland. They JUST finished repairing their homes via FEMA help this spring. However, since they're pretty poor and not easily insurable due to flood risk, they paid well over half the rebuilding costs out of their own pockets..

Now those folks with million dollar homes on the coast?? I know a few of them too. Thanks to fully subsidized National Flood Insurance, you and I foot the bill to rebuild their massive and beautiful beach houses. WINNING!

I know three families in one of the impacted areas inland. They JUST finished repairing their homes via FEMA help this spring. However, since they're pretty poor and not easily insurable due to flood risk, they paid well over half the rebuilding costs out of their own pockets..

Now those folks with million dollar homes on the coast?? I know a few of them too. Thanks to fully subsidized National Flood Insurance, you and I foot the bill to rebuild their massive and beautiful beach houses. WINNING!
    Word. And it's a losing battle. See before and after shots...

https://twitter.com/AdamWGME/status/1041482740384903168
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Word. And it's a losing battle. See before and after shots...

https://twitter.com/AdamWGME/status/1041482740384903168
    Ya, didn't Kure Beach Atlantic Ave (AKA 1st) used to run all the way down to Fort Fisher before Hazel and Fran? Now it ends at the pier. There's only 421, 3rd and 4th there. 1st is GONE.

Guys on the left, decks will drain now. Guys on the right just became front row beach property!
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

We had leftover Florence in NY yesterday.
    I believe it’s almost all gone now.

Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

kind of sad that the major cable news channels are not really covering the flooding aftermath very much.....i think that was the worst part of katrina and they did a great job back then (2005) in fact i believe it was even CNN that I saw doing the most reporting....now its all trump , russia, mueller, supreme court BS non stop......

weather channel was doing good i thought until they had that fake leaning BS with the two guys strolling by upright with no problem in the background.....i think all news can be considered fake.....slanted teh way the producers say it needs to look or report.....

sad state of affairs.....
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Yeesh, that's ugly. They're probably hoping for a second landfalling tropical storm in the area before the season closes to just flush it all out to sea. Dilution is the solution to pollution, after all.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4254438_091518-cc-ap-Engelhard-flooding-florence-img.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	311.0 KB 
ID:	248118

Name:	4297372_092018-kgo-florence-truck-img_Image_00-00-16,26.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	248119

look at the greasy shit flowing off these farms

Name:  florence flooding.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  116.1 KB

and all the dead animals, fuck.

Name:	florence flooding 2.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	120.8 KB 
ID:	248121

Giant pig shit lagoons overflowing, too. Sweet.

industrial farming and bad regulations is a killer combination and then throw in the fact that global warming is a hoax according to the republican party and shit get's nasty

i do appreciate the cheap pork as long as my state doesn't have industrial/environmental catastrophes

thank you north carolina. i really appreciate it

Ya we brought up hogwash early in the thread. Wasn't until I moved here and saw hurricane damage that I learned that "hogwash" was a real thing and damned nasty.

Lost literally tons of chickens too. Hot wings will be a lot more expensive by the time Superbowl comes around.

Ya we brought up hogwash early in the thread. Wasn't until I moved here and saw hurricane damage that I learned that "hogwash" was a real thing and damned nasty.

Lost literally tons of chickens too. Hot wings will be a lot more expensive by the time Superbowl comes around.
    Econ people on Marketplace said the hogs and chickens won't actually matter that much given the size of the market and other suppliers.

What they did mention would be hit pretty hard is sweet potatoes. Bummer for Thanksgiving. But sucks even more for all these farmers. (And people who live downstream.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

There is also a couple coal ash storage facilities (AKA dumps) that are breached and hitting the water tables.
    Last edited by SumJongGuy; 09-21-2018 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Econ people on Marketplace said the hogs and chickens won't actually matter that much given the size of the market and other suppliers.

What they did mention would be hit pretty hard is sweet potatoes. Bummer for Thanksgiving. But sucks even more for all these farmers. (And people who live downstream.)
    Man, if they have a lot of cranberry farms, Thanksgiving is fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I'd say improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post

I think you’re safe. There’s a massive oversupply of cranberries, and there always has been. That’s why they’re trying to stick it in every other possible food combination.....

“Facing a glut, cranberry farmers want to dump part of the harvest so prices can rise”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business...KnI/story.html