• NO PASS

3 2.63%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation IT'S TIME FOR A VOTE: EPIC PASS VS. IKON PASS

What pass are you buying this year?

The people need to know!

VOTE NOW!

This ain't no troll thread.

I just think it's interesting to see what people here are thinking. If you're a diehard Grand Targhee season pass holder, still vote.

I got both. Epic local and Ikon base.

I got Ikon College Gonzo Pass for stupid cheap in the Spring. Cheapest pass I have ever purchased, yet most access.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

None.

Giving up my holidays to scrape ice off a loading carpet and shovel rain off the seats. Huge mistake but worth it for the other days if you ask me...

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    None.

Giving up my holidays to scrape ice off a loading carpet and shovel rain off the seats. Huge mistake but worth it for the other days if you ask me...
    Ha, no shit dude! I will bring you treats.

Long story short, we get a free place to stay in Beaver Creek for a few weeks in the spring, Epic pass was cheaper than the number of tix we would buy.

Now I am super stoked as I havent had a season pass since I left Utah in 06 after having one in either UT or CO for the 10 years prior. Looking @ a Tahoe trip in Feb solo and dragging my son and sometimes wife to Okemo, Stowe & Sunapee ( wife is from NH) as often as I can. ( never skiied any of them)

Hell may even cobble together a work trip for late season A basin love

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Long story short, we get a free place to stay in Beaver Creek for a few weeks in the spring, Epic pass was cheaper than the number of tix we would buy.

Now I am super stoked as I havent had a season pass since I left Utah in 06 after having one in either UT or CO for the 10 years prior. Looking @ a Tahoe trip in Feb solo and dragging my son and sometimes wife to Okemo, Stowe & Sunapee ( wife is from NH) as often as I can. ( never skiied any of them)

Fuck Yeah D-Day!

You are an Epic Pass marketer's wet dream! That's the kind of behavior they are hoping to spur with all this.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Mammoth is my home hill, and they only offer the Ikon pass, so it is what I bought. I tend to hit LCC, BCC and Jackson as well, so that works out. Might just visit Crystal since it is on the pass, but don't want to piss of PNWbrit since I will be filling up the mountain

All in all, Ikn has worked well for me, and in the end is cheaper. t is a little higher then the old Mammoth MVP, but cheaper then the MVP and Mountain Collective combo I did most years.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Fuck Yeah D-Day!
    fuck yeah indeed. Already alerted the squirrel of my possible Tahoe incoming. Dont think it is too close for you anymore, but would love to have an old school meet up @ A basin. Maybe drag others in as well.

intend to milk every dollar I can out of this and yes Danno, will hit resorts I normally wouldnt because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Mammoth is my home hill, and they only offer the Ikon pass, so it is what I bought. I tend to hit LCC, BCC and Jackson as well, so that works out. Might just visit Crystal since it is on the pass, but don't want to piss of PNWbrit since I will be filling up the mountain

All in all, Ikn has worked well for me, and in the end is cheaper. t is a little higher then the old Mammoth MVP, but cheaper then the MVP and Mountain Collective combo I did most years.
    You are an Ikon Pass marketer's wet dream! That's the kind of behavior they are hoping to spur with all this.

fuck yeah indeed. Already alerted the squirrel of my possible Tahoe incoming. Dont think it is too close for you anymore, but would love to have an old school meet up @ A basin. Maybe drag others in as well.

intend to milk every dollar I can out of this and yes Danno, will hit resorts I normally wouldnt because of it.
    Stick it to Vail and put a PB&j in your pocket and have your apres beer on your tailgate.

A basin.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Might just visit Crystal since it is on the pass, but don't want to piss of PNWbrit since I will be filling up the mountain.
    Come on back up when conditions are better than last time and you can get a proper soup tasting.. just don't judge us on our wintertime fridge cleanliness.

(And I've never skied Mammoth.. so will probably have to fix that.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

My sister's family is coming to Steamboat fro xmas week, so I had to buy the full IKON to avoid the blackout dates. I won't be skiing beyond of Steamboat, Copper, WP, Eldora. So, all those extra places are lost on me.

Neither are of much immediate benefit in NW MT, so I went with other.

Stupid pole marked my vote as no. But bought ikon this year instead of mtn collective
    . . .

Got Epic Military for $99 each for me and family. Pretty tough to beat that one.

IT'S TIME FOR A VOTE: EPIC PASS VS. IKON PASS

Just bought my Kirkwood Only Pass. Fuck Vail and the rest of their useless resorts. Okay, the Heave would be nice, but don’t want to give up my holiday skiing with my wife and kid. So, just KW.

Might pick up a ikon base in the spring. Can’t see driving up 80 in the winter to ski. But rumors around that SAT might be picked up.

You are an Ikon Pass marketer's wet dream! That's the kind of behavior they are hoping to spur with all this.
    That may be true, but it was the kind of behavior I was exhibiting long before Ikon or Vail started the pissing match. All these pass options haven't changed my ski behavior much, just made it cheaper, (except I am more inclined to ski Ikon resorts then Vail resorts now.) I will still ski non Ikon or Vail hills if that is where my travels take me.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Luv. Fuck I70 past the tunnel.

Free days at Bridger made it an easy decision.

Sent from my PH-1 using TGR Forums mobile app

Epic local. Mainly because I ski Abasin regularly, then will head to CB a few times and maybe actually stay at our condo in Eagle county to ski the Beave. Planning a trip to ski Stevens, Baker, and Whistler but that could change to somewhere in Tahoe if it sucks there.

Honestly, if my local options were better, I’d be all over the Ikon. But Copper and WP aren’t 10 mins from my house and Steamboat and Aspen don’t really draw me in either.

Keystone/Abasin. Close friend has a place at Keystone and Abasin is my preferred hill. Might get and Eldora Pass too for some midweek half days when touring really sucks and weekend half days with my soon to be four year old. Need to decide this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by AmmergauerTele View Post
    Got Epic Military for $99 each for me and family. Pretty tough to beat that one.
    This....also got a Magic military pass for under $300.