Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    So much drama.
    I miss it when it was only the CO dudes on the forum that had all the drama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    so im finishin up the final phase of the shitter remodel up in the attic fuckin with the fart fan
    and low and behold
    i finds a sign

the 1st could be annual wasatch pray for snow whose a straight chuter bobby baker bongbiathlon
    is
    on

like diggity danky kong

Saturday afternoon/ evening
    two sevens five-0
    kilo sierra echo lima dr
    off 9600 granite hood
    bring somethin to grill ammo safety supplies
    and any gear ya want mounted /tuned/waxed
    or skis youd like to burn
    fur kids skin kids significant others
    skip and andy are welcome too
    You gonna be there this evening? I've got your $$$

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    how does crackhead take a couple years off and still have more posts than i
    i was recalling the early oct snow and you one ski skiing down from timp on a foot of snow
    fix all your kick ass pictures
    and sums mini crackhead stoke please

ment to pm should be home by 7 tuco
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    how does crackhead take a couple years off and still have more posts than i
    i was recalling the early oct snow and you one ski skiing down from timp on a foot of snow
    fix all your kick ass pictures
    and sums mini crackhead stoke please

ment to pm should be home by 7 tuco
    Holy shit that's a great picture, hahahahaha!
    Right on dude, see you in a bit then

Hunting question

Is it legal to hunt on a hiking trail?
    Is it wise?

My limited understanding of firearm safety means never pointing it where the bullet (or ricochet) might hit someone. That implies no hunting on hiking trails.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    That's not the case here. The white tail overpopulation elsewhere in the country isn't an issue in this area.

There are a several thousand acres of popular mulie hunting terrain running from the SLC limits up to the county line, most popularly accessed from Lamb's Canyon, 1 exit downhill on the interstate. This terrain terminates at some residential neighborhoods favored by young families commuting into Salt Lake City and Park City. Skip, the alleged bow hunter, decided the terrain that involved a cardiovascular workout and other hunters was not for him and parked his car at the school bus stop in the suburban neighborhood at the top of the canyon, and set up his shit on the neighborhood dog walking trail where it meanders on the county line. Per Skip's interview in the local paper, he chose to ignore the neighborhood residents who asked him to stop being an asshole. AM, the alleged thief and resident of that block, apparently chose to put an end to this by taking Skip's shit down.

I think we've all learned a lesson here (except maybe Skip hasn't). The lesson is if you are confronted with a Skip, do not mess with his shit. Just put a .30-06 round through him and call the authorities to explain that an armed weirdo was creeping around your back yard and you shot him. Show me a guy in Utah who has gotten charged with a misdemeanor for that!
    Thanks, that gives a different perspective to the story. Makes it almost seem like embattled settlers warding off free ranging armed men. You could make it into a cowboy movie.

I didn’t read it as shred advocating shooting people just how fucked up the politics of Utah are.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I didn’t read it as shred advocating shooting people just how fucked up the politics of Utah are.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Oh, I wasn’t criticizing the suggestion to shoot Skip. Sorry, I should have edited that part out. I know that was just hyperbole.

I was being sincere when I said ssal helped me understand the motivation behind the McLean”s actions better, and it did remind me vaguely of some western movie I’d seen.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Is it legal to hunt on a hiking trail?
    Is it wise?

My limited understanding of firearm safety means never pointing it where the bullet (or ricochet) might hit someone. That implies no hunting on hiking trails.
    It was an archery hunt.

Any kind of hunting right near a popular, public dog walking trail is stupid. Might be legal, but it's stupid. I wonder if the land managers (FS?) will review this and place restrictions on hunting there. That would probably be a good idea if the neighbors feel so strongly about it. However, having never been to this area I can't really make my own assessment of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Yeah. Met him, skied with him, and tried to talk him out of publishing a guidebook when he came to me for clarification on it. It was the last bastion of no guidebooks in the alpine scene at the time. (Except Lou Dawson's) Told him it would take the adventure away from the hungry kids around here. Told him it would become a checklist. Told him if he was gonna rate it like a rock climb, then he should be sticking R or X to shit that can kill you. None of my recommendations were heeded. Hellgate is 5.7? What? Took him and Alex Lowe for their first ski down Monte Cristo in the fog. Skied around the cliff mid-track. Like one would think...but no, you gotta rappel the cliff to be gnar. as per the book.
    Doesn't mention the alternative to a rappel?
    He renamed most of the lines in the book. Didn't really care if it already had a name. The names everyone uses aren't historical...they're St. Andrews.
    I think he was so bummed when he figured that all the 1st descents that he thought were his, were not, that he talked about miners on cafeteria trays!
    Never read much of it past the intro. Funny that he gives me credit for being a "legend" in it.
    In my opinion, its way more fun to climb to the top of a line and see 3 others that you eventually find a way to climb and ski!
    When younger back country skiers would approach me for beta and ask me if I had skied blank line, I would simply answer: "Maybe, but go have your own adventure."
    So, yeah, met him, skied with him, and think that he is a sanctimonious snob.
    Oh, and he "takes" things that don't belong to him, and alienates our brothers in arms in our fight for public land access, etc.
    Sorry for that last snowflake comment.
    Jimmy
    Gonna try and clarify this post in the light of day, and with no nattys on board. Saving that for tonight at SFB's.
    Sorry if I came across as butt hurt, certainly am not, and wasn't at the time.
    I was trying to act in the interest of the community, both then and now.
    Mclean was a relative newcomer here at the time, and wrote the "definitive cult classic" on the range.
    He didn't know the range very well yet; it was written with quite a bit of ignorance.
    He hadn't discovered many of the classics yet, thank god!
    It was written with little to no respect for:
    The local touring community,
    The history of Wasatch extreme skiing,
    Historical place names,
    Ice climbers,
    The ski areas,
    Powderbirds.
    Who else am I missing? IS there anyone else?
    Yeah, I wished at the time that there would be no book, but since he was determined to publish, I wish he had actually researched it.
    The only research that he did was to go skiing with an I own the place attitude.
    Did that rub me wrong? Obviously! Lost my respect for the guy. Realized he was sanctimonious and self serving.
    The UAC had to drop him as an observer because he was so vocally and physically disrespectful of other's rights and needs in this crowded mecca of skiing.
    It is not surprising that he is in trouble for this same behavior so many years later.

p.s. Trackhead, I have a hammer and chisel! Should we invite Skip?
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Are compound bows less dangerous then guns? I'd like the resident whitetail deer to comment, please.

We have/had urban bowhunting here in Cedar Rapids out of necessity for years. It is all done by special permit tags. Very low profile and the results have been good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Meanfruit View Post
    Are compound bows less dangerous then guns? I'd like the resident whitetail deer to comment, please.
    Guns have a longer range which increases the chance of a stray bullet going through somebody's kitchen window and killing them. Stuff like this is rare but it does happen.

You'd have to be a complete idiot to accidentally shoot somebody with a bow because you need to be within 50 yards max for a decent shot. However, a few years ago in Montana some guy did just that, shot at a noise in the bushes at dusk and arrowed another hunter right in the leg. Getting stuck with a broadhead arrow is serious shit and you could bleed to death quickly. This guy got lucky and lived. Hard to believe anybody could be so stupid as to shoot at a noise in the bushes, but there are people like that out there.

In my neighborhood hunting is limited to archery, handgun, or shotgun with slugs. All these have a range of under 100 yards. A bullet from a hunting rifle, on the other hand, can travel 1,000 yards or more if unimpeded.

yeah we have a 1000yd range just up the highway a bit the fire arms instructor told us he acounts for a 25 yrd drop to hit the target

Did AM steal yes obviously

but what about the part which may or may not make him a POS?

Why did he steal ?

was it for money or cuz the law was an ass ?

It looks like he at least entirely mishandled the situ, a better statement might have been to pile it on the ground and take a dump on it
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Good to know. It's crazy the velocity of some guns. Being a neophyte, I didn't know that a 7mm cartilage was good for bears, moose, and old pickups. 3030 is just a plain old deer rifle? I worked with a guy who said he was a deadeye deer huntr with a .20 Cal. Go figure

Buddy told us he would shoot the 1000yd range with it was either 7mm or 3006, after 40 shots he considered the barrel only accurate enough for hunting

my kid used to shoot biathalon, some .22 lapau match grade ammo got mixed up with his cheap winchester stuff when 2 guys were shooting the same gun in a race

it shot really quiet so I am guessing low muzzle velocity and really accurate
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by zede View Post
    I’ve been shot at on my bike.
    Some people view hunting and gun rights as non-negotiable and if people get shot, too bad. I tend to see “not getting shot” as the non-negotiable right and if people are deprived of recreational gun play, too bad.

^that site blows on mobile
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

we’ll be careful at the BBI biathlon to not shoot folks
    dog knows that we sure don’t need any eyes shot out
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Some people view hunting and gun rights as non-negotiable and if people get shot, too bad. I tend to see “not getting shot” as the non-negotiable right and if people are deprived of recreational gun play, too bad.
    yep. I'm not anti-hunting but it's scary thinking about the dumb fucks out there shooting away at any movement.
    I know it's not all hunters, but the conscientious hunters have also got to be a little puckered by being out there with these fuckfaces too
    skid luxury

Up in super hunty country yesterday, I got a coffee at the gas station and there was a guy in there in the full camo/orange regalia wearing the thickest glasses I’ve seen in real life. Trailer park boys glasses. Not exactly confidence-inspiring.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    sfotex is trying to get i, bobmc and i guess we need one or 2 mur mags for a thursday night skeet league up in farmington
    straight chuting ski bum team
    i used to shoot in a league back in chitown
    last nights bbi biathlon qualifier got canceled due to the daiseys spring being sprung to the point of zero muzzle exit velocity
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Up in super hunty country yesterday, I got a coffee at the gas station and there was a guy in there in the full camo/orange regalia wearing the thickest glasses I’ve seen in real life. Trailer park boys glasses. Not exactly confidence-inspiring.
    I bet he has great hearing though!!