Page 26 of 79 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    I'm on the CMAC emails. Basically stated that no students would be blocked on their designated days but that may not be the case for the parents. I emailed the XTAL president today and he stated this would apply to kids in crystal programs as well. My suggestion was that should apply to at least one parent as well. we shall see. At least I have my touring set up...

Quote Originally Posted by powder_to_the_people View Post
    Thanks for the intel Dromond and Xavier. Sharing my experience, we got there on Sunday around 11am, and found a spot at the end of B-lot. Mountain was pretty empty, no lift lines. Great afternoon to get back in the swing of things. How bad were the lift lines on Saturday?
    In terms of wait times - not bad at all in my opinion. However, the Chinook line in the morning was an abomination from the virus transmission perspective. People were spaced far less than 6' apart on average, especially side-to-side where the lanes were not divided. My spouse - who works at a hospital - just about flipped and refused to get in the line which I also found to be wise. We took the Gondy line which was spaced better, but still not perfect. I brought this up with the president in the REX line later, and he admitted it was not good and said they would be on the lifties to set up the line better. The upper mtn lift lines had an empty lane between them which helps.

Still, anywhere there was not someone from Crystal actively telling people to put their masks on, there was a significant portion of people not wearing masks, half-wearing masks, shouting to their friends who are 4 feet away without a mask, etc. While the majority wore masks in line most of the time, there is a significant portion of people (mostly men) just not giving a shit. I can't say I'm surprised - but I also wouldn't be surprised in lift skiing gets shut down entirely.

ooohhh..... I just got a finger wagging warning from IKON central.....

I can't seem to copy and paste successfully but the gist of it is:
    Visit without reservation, 11/20/20

What actually happened was that I made a reservation, skied, came home to add a new res since I'd burned one and found I couldn't because the day I used was still in my queue. I cancelled it and booked the next one. Now we know what happens!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    ooohhh..... I just got a finger wagging warning from IKON central.....

I can't seem to copy and paste successfully but the gist of it is:
    Visit without reservation, 11/20/20

What actually happened was that I made a reservation, skied, came home to add a new res since I'd burned one and found I couldn't because the day I used was still in my queue. I cancelled it and booked the next one. Now we know what happens!
    Uhh oh, they're gonna clip your pass bro.

they said one more and that's a possible suspension for 30 days.

I emailed info@ikon and got a reply saying 'we're not going to reply. read the FAQ's".

cc'd frank and xtal guest services on my reply saying they were incorrect and asking for removal from the bad boy list.

anyone got an actual person's email at IKON?

Hey oft if they pull your pass it's good to know from this morning's spam email that they're still selling Ikon passes.

Buy your Ikon Pass now starting at $499, and unlock the best of Crystal Mountain and beyond.

Adventure Assurance comes free with every 20/21 Ikon Pass, giving you more confidence to ride. Hurry, your last chance to buy is December 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I also called, got put in the queue, asked for a callback. Nothing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ow_My_Balls View Post
    We called them at 1-888-365-IKON (then dial 4 for reservations, then 0 to talk to a human) to get some things ironed out and the person was surprisingly helpful and courteous.

It's almost as if they care more about their bottom line than taking care of existing pass holders.

I did the same thing that oftpiste did on Saturday (came home after skiing, cancelled my reservation to make room for a new one), no email for me so far.

I got the same email that others got, I did the same thing and cancelled my reservation after the skiing day was over so that I could book another day. Planning on calling IKON today and complaining, this is so amateur on their part.

I'm on hold for an escalation to another 'team' of my phone call with IKON. Being told there's nothing they can do to acknowledge in the system that I did actually make a reservation, and did not commit the offense because I cancelled the same day. Apparently once the day-of is over (12:00:01 am the next day) your res for that day disappears and you can make the new reservation.

"Just don't do it again....." is not really an acceptable answer, though the service rep was very nice and helpful.

And... WTF? Just got an email from Crystal wanting me to buy an IKON pass. Fuckers.

had to bail for a meeting after 45 minutes on hold. now what?

It's ridiculous that this is even an issue given how easy it would be to program in a check to prevent it from happening in the computer system. Or, something even more sensible, like giving the user a reservation back as soon as their pass is scanned. Or less manipulable, just give users their reservation back at 3pm or 4pm.

Quote Originally Posted by ptavv View Post
    It's ridiculous that this is even an issue given how easy it would be to program in a check to prevent it from happening in the computer system. Or, something even more sensible, like giving the user a reservation back as soon as their pass is scanned. Or less manipulable, just give users their reservation back at 3pm or 4pm.
    Agreed. Given that Alterra has raised billions from investors, it's surprising that they do not have the IT infrastructure or the competence to do exactly what you are describing.

Quote Originally Posted by jayx View Post
    Agreed. Given that Alterra has raised billions from investors, it's surprising that they do not have the IT infrastructure or the competence to do exactly what you are describing.
    It doesn't really need much infrastructure.

Pretty simple thing to do.

I made 3 reservations yesterday for today. There is no mechanism to specify for whom these reservations are made.
    So I just assumed all is good for me, my wife and son to ski today.

If one can't assign the ticket to someone, what does it mean if I can make 3 reservations for a day?
    I know I'm important and all, but I don't weigh that much.

Now I'm wondering if my wife and son are going to get the ban threat.

What an incredibly fucked up management.

I found I can go in and edit the "order". So first I put my sons name in there and saved it.
    Then I went back in and entered my wifes name and saved it.
    Each time, one can check the box requesting an email be sent.

This may provide hours of entertainment.

Now I wonder what will happen.
    I wonder how much Alterra paid for this horror and mismanagement cake.

I hope all of you who extoll the future of self driving cars are paying attention.
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 11-24-2020 at 08:15 PM.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I asked them how I can ski with my daughter (who is under 5) since there seemed to be no way to make a reservation or buy a ticket for a person who gets a free ticket.

They told me to just make a reservation for myself and then get her a ticket at the window ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If this were presented in a business class everyone involved would be laughed out of the room

myself and a couple others are looking for reservation on 12/12.....if anyone is throwing one of these days back I'd appreciate a heads up to have a chance to grab it. I guess this is what it is coming too.....

A friend reporting on FB that Crystal was parked out at noon today.

And they're still selling passes.

Quote Originally Posted by neutrinoone View Post
    Dude, the umbrella is open. Everything will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post

Not that I plan on ever arriving that late, but I would be upset if I couldn't get a parking spot if I had a valid reservation. Isn't that the whole point of the system?

Crystal management needs to answer for all of this shit that they're dragging us through.

Crystal was fucked today. No REX when we got there, C9 had a long delay and a backward roll. Crowd that would rival any biggest day. Why claim you have reservation system to manage density when you obviously don't intend to implement it? Defense in case of a legal tangle maybe. C.M. Management really has blown their credibility but they do respond to the ring of the cash register. Hope it didn't turn into a super-spreader but lot's of people socializing in B lot when I left, many without masks.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post

F lot was almost full when arrived at 11AM. Took me close to an hour to get up the BLVD.

The entire system is a joke. I have a reservation for Sunday, but want nothing to do with Crystal on a holiday weekend.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Quote Originally Posted by L82thegate View Post
    Crystal was fucked today. No REX when we got there, C9 had a long delay and a backward roll. Crowd that would rival any biggest day. Why claim you have reservation system to manage density when you obviously don't intend to implement it? Defense in case of a legal tangle maybe. C.M. Management really has blown their credibility but they do respond to the ring of the cash register. Hope it didn't turn into a super-spreader but lot's of people socializing in B lot when I left, many without masks.
    Yikes. While I don't love the idea of reservations in principle, if Crystal is going to sell as many passes as they do, my hope was that at least it would help manage visitation. Even if I can't ski all the days I would like to ski, at least I don't have to deal with huge crowds on the days that I do ski. Apparently this is not the case.

I said it before, and I'll say it again: prices need to increase for Crystal passes. I know this isn't the most popular idea, but let's be honest, there's no way in hell that Crystal will cap the number of passes it sells when 1) the Ikon (and Ikon Base) pass is a broad pass that encompasses dozens of resorts, and 2) those passes are fairly cheap. At a MINIMUM, unlimited Crystal should only be on the full Ikon Pass, aka the more expensive one.

Decent snow today but it felt pretty crowded. There was still a line at green valley at 2:45 which I don’t think has been the case in the past. Maybe it’s the lower lift capacity or the fact that people can’t go inside or have nothing else to do.

Liftie at chair 6 was bumping chairs wearing no mask.... nice move. Crystal’s COVID management game is weak.

I honestly can’t believe they made the pre-sold season passes limited based on reservations while still selling more passes and day tickets - it really is insane. They had a clear choice to take care of their pre-existing customers who bought passes or to screw them for a few extra bucks. Easy choice apparently.