Page 29 of 79 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by neutrinoone View Post
    Click Community, Click Forum, Scroll to bottom for Lift Accessed Reports.
    Hot damn! Soup talk lives!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TripleT View Post
    Hot damn! Soup talk lives!!!
    Took me a hot minute to find after the update but about the most accurate Crystal report on the interwebs! Convinced me to re-up my Ikon after Crystal said last Sunday would be the most crowded day of the season and it wasn't even near last January's shitshow...

Now that it has gone to shit?

Quote Originally Posted by TripleT View Post
    Been away from the forums for sometime, so my apologies if this has been discussed. But it’s important...how the hell do I get my DDK and crew reports now that TAY site gone to shit?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Crystal Mountain Becomes Alterra

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Likely also a lot more folks are driving to Crystal and not using the lifts too. If you thought everyone had gotten into touring before this year, you’d be wrong. Plenty of people who didn’t kill themselves on their brand new mountain bikes have gotten a MyFirstTouring(TM) setup this year too.
    This! I’ve seen more people putting skins on in the Crystal Parking lot than ever.

Although for the most part the skin track hasn’t been crowded when I’ve been out so not sure where they’re going.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Now that it has gone to shit?
    Eh, ya it’s been a slow steady decline

Quote Originally Posted by Stairmaster View Post
    Used a few days and went to book more. Fucked to see ever weekend is booked solid through February.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    They need a better system. I'm sure some will come available over time, but I can't check the website every 10 seconds.

"Reservations must remain active for the entire day on which your pass is scanned to ski or ride. Cancellation of your reservation after your pass is scanned is a violation of the reservation program."

Cool.

So do I have any hope of booking Sunday 12/13 or am I just screwed?

still looking for a saturday 12/12 day if someone has had a change of plans and needs to throw a spot back........save me from touring that day and making dumb decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    You might get lucky if someone cancels and you can snag it. I'd just check frequently.

I have reservations for as many weekends as i could get through Jan. Almost afraid to scan my pass this weekend and lose the possibility of deferring if its as big of a shitshow as it sounds up there.

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    You might get lucky if someone cancels and you can snag it. I'd just check frequently.

I have reservations for as many weekends as i could get through Jan. Almost afraid to scan my pass this weekend and lose the possibility of deferring if its as big of a shitshow as it sounds up there.
    Same. Sounds like we need to start a TGR Crystal Reservation Swap Thread.

Same. Sounds like we need to start a TGR Crystal Reservation Swap Thread.
    This......I'm willing to give beer for 12/12. GF and I skiing for a few days, shes got both weekends days covered, I have sunday but not saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer-Down View Post
    This......I'm willing to give beer for 12/12. GF and I skiing for a few days, shes got both weekends days covered, I have sunday but not saturday.
    Just go. Your pass will scan and you'll get your warning email later that night. Everyone gets 1 apparently....

Let's set up a bond market and sell futures on Crustal reservations.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer-Down View Post
    I might be able to help, PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by powder_to_the_people View Post
    I might be able to help, PM me.
    PM sent....thanks

This is all great news for Mt. Baker.

Was going to go back to Baker this season and didn't. Major facepalm right now.
    Though I've heard they are having their fair share of issues up there with compliance and slammed weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by cstefanic View Post
    "Reservations must remain active for the entire day on which your pass is scanned to ski or ride. Cancellation of your reservation after your pass is scanned is a violation of the reservation program."

Cool.
    Wow ain't that some shit. "We didn't foresee this problem, and our system can't change, so it is your fault if you do something the system allows you to do and you may lose your pass"

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    Was going to go back to Baker this season and didn't. Major facepalm right now.
    Though I've heard they are having their fair share of issues up there with compliance and slammed weekends.
    Well, it's certainly not going to get any better considering the situation at Crystal.

I made a reservation for me and my two kids to ski on Monday 11/30. Found out the kids still had school on Monday so I canceled one of the kids reservation on 11/23 and the other on 11/29. So I ski alone on 11/30 and it was great, until Ikon sends me the shitty warning email on 12/1 that two parties on my reservation were no-shows, WTF??

I login to my Ikon account and my 11/30 reservation lists ONE person, so why the warning email??? Double WTF.

Call Ikon and am on hold for over 2 hours?!?! They login to my account and see what I am seeing, they also say that on their end they can see I logged in on 11/23 and 11/29 but can't tell what exactly I did. So long story short, Ikon rep passes me to a supervisor who says, "yeah, this system is messed up since it was put together at the last minute" and claims to add some notes to my account that I canceled the two kids and shouldn't have received the warning.

I am wondering if they will ever start banning people who they claim are not following the reservation policies when their system clearly is not reliable. If they tried to ban me for non-existent violations I would flat out sue them in small claims court.
    You Will Respect My Authoritah!

Quote Originally Posted by cstefanic View Post

Cool.
    Would have been great if that had been communicated before the reservation system started. Had I known, I would have followed the rules, but given that these rules weren't published, how were we to know?

I guess I'm naïve, but I assumed that passes wouldn't scan in the first place if you didn't have a reservation, and as soon as your pass scanned successfully, it was "checked off" in their system that your reservation was completed. I also assumed that they had been planning for a reservation system privately for months, even if publicly they kept claiming that they wouldn't be using one. Clearly I assumed wrong in both cases and gave Alterra too much credit.

I'm lucky that for the time being I'm doing part-time work where I can occasionally get out on weekdays, because it seems like even if you've booked out as many weekends as you can, once your reservations are completed you're not going to be able to book future weekends until March...and as people start completing their December and January reservations, I'm sure March will get booked out too. But hey, it's great to know that if you can't get a reservation, you have the privilege of paying Crystal a lot of money for an available day ticket. Hope that cheers everyone up.

So I guess my question would be, now that weekends have to be capped, does Xtal continue to do the bullshit 'wind hold' practice for all upper-mountain lifts midweek? Or does that not fly anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    So I guess my question would be, now that weekends have to be capped, does Xtal continue to do the bullshit 'wind hold' practice for all upper-mountain lifts midweek? Or does that not fly anymore?
    .Name:  Screenshot_20201202-112211_Brave.jpeg
Views: 450
Size:  22.9 KB

I might be able to help you. Shoot me a PM if you're still looking.