Page 61 of 79 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1962
    On another thread someone (I think here) pointed out that between Crystal/Stevens/Snoqualmie, the three day trip hills within 2 hours, there's only 5000 acres for what's a now 4million greater Puget Sound population...

Just bought my pass + the ladyfriend for next year with the Affirm shit and I can't believe it's basically adding a fucking nice car payment to my bills for the next 6 months.

Old ski shop, rental, office, ticket booth gone.

Groomers skied great, no lines, sun in the morning, clouds and storm rolled back in at 11:00.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0598_LI.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	413986  
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Much nicer view. They should tear down the other one too.

And that piece of shit church

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Paid parking is what all the nw areas are shooting for and why not, it’s like printing$ goes against principles of equal access in the sups but who’s gonna sue?

Open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday through Memorial Day

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday through Memorial Day
    That's great news. Hoping for some sunny slush laps for my birthday!

Did I miss an announcement?

Someone needs to pitch a tent in the middle of a corporate retreat being held on National Forest lands

https://crystalskycamp.com/

The outfit running this is "Under Canvas" and they have a presence in many premier national parks. Same gig and tailored to the tenderfoot level camper with $$. Had this been attempted 20 years ago at Crystal, they would have likely been "under water". Just pitching a tent in the midst feels too benign. Blow on a predator call from a hidden location and half the visitors will run for their tent. By time they get home, it will be a Bigfoot sighting with howls, cries, and wailing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stairmaster View Post

All are welcome to disperse camp up there.
    Lot of far nicer places to disperse camp around Crystal than in Campbell Basin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

FWIW - I’ve stayed at an Under Canvas before.

It’s overpriced but a good experience. Essentially a canvas tent with a queen bed, wood burning stove, real toilet, and hot shower - immediately adjacent / just outside a national park. It’s a good solution for traveling to a national park via airplane and not wanting to bring your camping gear, or for grandma and grandpa that haven’t pitched a tent in 25 years but want to relive (part of) that experience…

However, at Crystal - I don’t understand the point.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

The point for Crystal is to make a fuck ton of money off the clueless 1%ers. It's $1,000 to $1,500 a night to camp there. Crystal, the new Yellowstone Club.

https://inntopia.travel/ecomm/shop/a...ategoryId=1253

The point for Crystal is to make a fuck ton of money off the clueless 1%ers. It's $1,000 to $1,500 a night to camp there. Crystal, the new Yellowstone Club.

https://inntopia.travel/ecomm/shop/a...ategoryId=1253
    Hardly the Y/C. More like a Ritz Carlton under Canvas.

I have worked with UC and work regularly at the Y/C, the two are not even close to the same. The Y/C offers Glamping but you would need to add at least 1 zero to the cost of a place at Crystal.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Alterra's latest acquisition is Ski Butlers, now there can be no doubt the GSA is an Ikon guy.

What’s the issue with Crystal charging people a lot of money to camp in prebuilt yurts/tents in Campbell basin?

^^^"because it's there"
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I think I’m late to the game here, but have we officialy whined about the Ikon now only having seven days on the pass? Or is this a good thing for the locals and Alterra selling yet more passes to go with their passes? I need to know where to direct my internet outrage…

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Or is this a good thing for the locals
    The whole reason Alterra took Crystal off of unlimited is because the locals bitch and whined enough. The long term pass holders wanted a more expensive season pass, so Alterra gave them what they were asking for. The unanswered question is, in a region where the median household income has hit a record high of $110,000 (in Seattle, which is third to only San Jose and San Francisco in the US) does it even matter that the pass is now more expensive.

I switched to mid-week only, which was a decent deal if you are able to avoid weekends.

The whole reason Alterra took Crystal off of unlimited is because the locals bitch and whined enough. The long term pass holders wanted a more expensive season pass, so Alterra gave them what they were asking for. The unanswered question is, in a region where the median household income has hit a record high of $110,000 (in Seattle, which is third to only San Jose and San Francisco in the US) does it even matter that the pass is now more expensive.

I switched to mid-week only, which was a decent deal if you are able to avoid weekends.
    That’s what I figured. While it’s been a minute since I’ve made it up to Crystal, based on the chatter here last year, it sounded like a junk show due to overcrowding and difficulties keeping the road open and traffic flowing.

I wish I could swing mid-weeks, but I’m still a part of the working and unwashed masses with only weekends open. But it sounds like if I want to ski up there this year, midweek is the move.

Just my hot-take, but I don't think we're going to see a substantial difference in experience when it comes to Crystal this year vs the last. Outside of wind events, which funnels an entire mountain's worth of people onto Forest Queen, lift lines were pretty reasonable through-out the season and the only time capacity ever really was an issue was during deep days.

I expect that during this upcoming season everyone who has a limited IKON pass will save their passes for powder days and we'll be in effectively the same position: 15-30+ min lift lines during "good" weekend days, ski-on and <3 min lines any other day. Maybe some marginal differences on surprise mid-week powder days as people will be less likely to gamble one of their passes on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ørion View Post
    Just my hot-take, but I don't think we're going to see a substantial difference in experience when it comes to Crystal this year vs the last.

I expect that during this upcoming season everyone who has a limited IKON pass will save their passes for powder days and we'll be in effectively the same position: 15-30+ min lift lines during "good" weekend days, ski-on and <3 min lines any other day. Maybe some marginal differences on surprise mid-week powder days as people will be less likely to gamble one of their passes on them.
    Maybe... I know a number of people ditching Crystal for Alpental since 7 days isn't enough and they don't want to pay the high price for the full pass. But I agree, on weekend powder days the lot will fill and lines will be long.

Even if things improve some, gone are the days where the lot would only fill 2-3 days a year. Doesn't matter how much they raise the price. There just aren't enough ski resorts driving distance from Seattle.

and of course, lines at Alpental will be much shorter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    and of course, lines at Alpental will be much shorter.
    Then we can hear all the Crystal people complain about conditions and/or grooming. In our insanely long lines.