Page 48 of 79 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1962
    Can you switch to Alaska? Snow forecast next 10 days:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (18).jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	420.2 KB 
ID:	400820

OpenSnow 10 day shows next to nothing resembling January conditions, give it a few days but likely postpone

Yeah, January is usually a rough month. Come President's Day and it's on.

Quote Originally Posted by Crippity View Post
    Conditions advice please. Supposed to fly out a week from today and be at crystal next thursday and friday. i am fortunate to have the flexibility to postpone. Based on current weather and forecast what advice would you have for this old snowboarder? i guess based on flexibility i could be asking this question a few days from now but im getting antsy. Thanks in advance. first timer here too if that makes a differerence
    If you can postpone, do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crippity View Post
    Conditions advice please. Supposed to fly out a week from today and be at crystal next thursday and friday. i am fortunate to have the flexibility to postpone. Based on current weather and forecast what advice would you have for this old snowboarder? i guess based on flexibility i could be asking this question a few days from now but im getting antsy. Thanks in advance. first timer here too if that makes a differerence
    It is not likely to be good. While weather forecasts change frequently around here, in my experience, these warm split-flow patterns in winter are usually fairly accurate...They happen every year. My money would be on this lasting a few weeks, and then a nice Feb...If you can wait, wait and postpone closer to the time. If not, postpone.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    That data shows the skier density (not stupidity, although clearly that's in question as well) at the average resort has steadily climbed and that's what we're experiencing.

91/92 50M/542 == 92,250.922 visits/resort
    96/97 52M/502 == 102,564.102 visits/resort
    10/11 60M/486 == 123,456.790 visits/resort
    20/21 59M/462 == 127,705.627 visits/resort

This also ignores the distribution of skiers in the Plangent Sound relative to the midwaste.

On average that's 35,454.705 more visits per resort since 91/92. Flat my ass.
    Your post got my mind going.

Here in the greater Spokane area, we have ~8800 acres of lift served terrain split between 5 resorts with 2 hours drive of the population. Additionally we have resorts nearby in Canada and Montana that are a reasonable weekend trip. (Red, Turner, Whitefish, etc)

Population of the greater Spokane/CDA region is roughly 600,000 people.

In comparison, the greater Seattle region is roughly 4 million people. 7000 - 8000 acres lift served skiing, if you count Mission. Much of those acres doesn't fit market needs/desires. Very little beginner or intermediate terrain. Canadian resorts are actually a fairly decent trek, and obviously the border has been closed/difficult to manage for the last 24 months.

The Spokane/INW areas can feel a bit busy from time to time... we honestly could use terrain and parking expansions at most mountains for peak days/weekends. (Which is happening now at Lookout Pass and Schweitzer.)

It's pretty clear the Seattle market is well overdue for more infrastructure to serve the ski community. If podunk Lookout Pass can afford an expansion (from 500 acres to 2000 acres and 3 more lifts), I think it's a huge joke that Alterra and Vail can't even seem to find a way to run all of their lifts, not to mention expand. (ps Lookout is on USFS...)

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKALVS View Post
    Your post got my mind going.

Here in the greater Spokane area, we have ~8800 acres of lift served terrain split between 5 resorts with 2 hours drive of the population. Additionally we have resorts nearby in Canada and Montana that are a reasonable weekend trip. (Red, Turner, Whitefish, etc)

Population of the greater Spokane/CDA region is roughly 600,000 people.

In comparison, the greater Seattle region is roughly 4 million people. 7000 - 8000 acres lift served skiing, if you count Mission. Much of those acres doesn't fit market needs/desires. Very little beginner or intermediate terrain. Canadian resorts are actually a fairly decent trek, and obviously the border has been closed/difficult to manage for the last 24 months.

The Spokane/INW areas can feel a bit busy from time to time... we honestly could use terrain and parking expansions at most mountains for peak days/weekends. (Which is happening now at Lookout Pass and Schweitzer.)

It's pretty clear the Seattle market is well overdue for more infrastructure to serve the ski community. If podunk Lookout Pass can afford an expansion (from 500 acres to 2000 acres and 3 more lifts), I think it's a huge joke that Alterra and Vail can't even seem to find a way to run all of their lifts, not to mention expand. (ps Lookout is on USFS...)
    Nice post

Crystal Mountain Becomes Alterra

Reminded on Sunday how great Crystal is when management doesn’t fuck things up. Parking lot was full per usual but Southback was amazing and untracked lines were available all day.

Name:	Image1642115608.788042.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	291.3 KB 
ID:	401047

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Anyone actually get a reservation for Sunday?

Yeah, I got both Sun and Mon but was basically parked at the computer after the crash for about an hour since I assumed it would randomly start working.
    You Will Respect My Authoritah!

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Yea, I got you.

Name:	IMG_7060.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	401109

(before the hate comes, not mine, a friend sent me this)

A new black market emerges. I wonder if they have buried language somewhere that makes this verboten or fine-able or....?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Crystal is going to be pissed that they don't get a cut of the revenue this generates (to fund their bus program of course!)

I can imagine the surprise on Franks, that visionary, face.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    The forecast looks really warm. In your shoes I would absolutely postpone.
    this is accurate. January is not the time to come here for skiing. Late december and march.

Parking pass scalpers on the boulevard.

“Forgot to reserve parking? get you QR code here!”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Yes. Do you want it? I'm happy to just go tour at snoqualmie. I need the exercise anyway.

I am may be canceling my Monday reservation if anyone is looking. Will know for sure if I will cancel post skiing on Sunday evening, depends if my kids want to go back on Monday or not.

Quote Originally Posted by timeo View Post
    I am may be canceling my Monday reservation if anyone is looking. Will know for sure if I will cancel post skiing on Sunday evening, depends if my kids want to go back on Monday or not.
    I'm likely interested. Trying to convince the family that's how we should use the holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeLunker View Post
    Yes. Do you want it? I'm happy to just go tour at snoqualmie. I need the exercise anyway.
    Not especially. I’m more interested in what the success rate is than anything else.

Not especially. I’m more interested in what the success rate is than anything else.
    I'm curious to see if they make more available morning of. I wonder if they cancelations become available in real time or if crystal updates all at once at some point.

8 parking reservations are available for tomorrow right now

7 available

6 left

4 left