Page 34 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    I'm wondering what will happen to 20/21 IKON holders with crystal as their home mountain who deferred?

Will they get a credit that allows them to only ski 5 days at crystal in 21/22? Will they have to upgrade IKON to get unlimited skiing at crystal even though the product they deferred gave them unlimited skiing at a cheaper price than it will for 21/22?

That would be a pretty shitty thing for IKON and crystal to do but it wouldn't be a big surprise.
    I am 99% sure you just get the 2021 $$ credit applied to the 2022 pass price so anyone who deferred and wants unlimited is coming out of pocket some cash.
    You Will Respect My Authoritah!

Crystal Mountain Becomes Alterra

Quote Originally Posted by timeo View Post
    I am 99% sure you just get the 2021 $$ credit applied to the 2022 pass price so anyone who deferred and wants unlimited is coming out of pocket some cash.
    Yeah Timeo is right. Saw some people bitching about it on Instagram (rightfully so).

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by PNW_Skier206; 03-07-2021 at 12:29 AM.

That's seriously fucked up. There should be some special dispensation for Xtal folks. They bought a product that guaranteed unlimited access (reservations notwithstanding) and it should be replaced with the same thing. Fuckers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Not to defend the resorts, but that deferral policy was spelled out in writing last spring when they rolled out sales. It just takes a little reading before buying to know that was the case.

That said, sounds like it was a fucked yo year at Crystal so it would be cool if the local resort did something for its local passholders.

Don't forget about the discount to walk uphill at night time!

Has anyone with the Ikon base pass this season had any success getting the renewal discount for the full Ikon pass for next season? I went with the base pass this season because I assumed I would only be skiing Crystal and Summit due to the pandemic. The renewal discount from the base pass doesn't seem to apply to the full Ikon for next year when I add it to my cart. I guess if the renewal discount doesn't apply to the full pass hopefully the group buy will at least get close to the renewal discount price.

I have the base pass and am upgrading to full Ikon for next year. The discount shows up in your cart after you have assigned the new passes to the a passholder. Just go through the whole checkout process and you will see it.
    You Will Respect My Authoritah!

^^^this.

If you have or deferred a 20/21 pass you can get the Renewal price for either pass.

If you are renewing and want to help the collective, shoot me a PM. If you are buying for the first time, shoot me a PM before you do to help yourself.

And Nwslider, close but no cigar.
    Last edited by Ottime; 03-11-2021 at 05:22 PM.

Anyone know if 20/21 Ikon passes are still good until closing on May 9? Or do you have to re-up to the 21/22 to get these bonus weekends?

Crystal Mountain Guest Services (CM) <gservice@skicrystal.com>
    Mon 4/19/2021 3:23 PM

Hello,

Your 20-21 Ikon pass is valid for the bonus weekends through May 9th 2021. Yay!

Lorna

Praise be our ikonic overlords

I always thought Crustal and Kirkwood has something in common. Don’t get me wrong, we don’t have a gondola, lots of vertical or many high speed lifts, but the soul felt the same.

You are the red headed step child of Aterra and we the red headed are child of Vail. They don’t give a shit about improvements at these resorts as they are not seen as cash cows.

All these companies have done is make our resorts much more crowded.

What happened to antitrust laws?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    What happened to antitrust laws?
    Robert Bork happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I always thought Crustal and Kirkwood has something in common. Don’t get me wrong, we don’t have a gondola, lots of vertical or many high speed lifts, but the soul felt the same.

You are the red headed step child of Aterra and we the red headed are child of Vail. They don’t give a shit about improvements at these resorts as they are not seen as cash cows.

It didn't make the corporate press release but Alterra's building a new skier services building, ropes course and glampground at Crystal this summer.

Crystal is where the bourgeoisie class of the Puget Sounds regularly ski. Seems to me the Bay Area elite gravitate towards Squaw and Heavenly over Kirkwood. Crystal is critical to Alterra because that is there in with Seattle tech money.

I guess it has been well over a decade since I visited. We t seemed more rag tag and less Squaw glitz when I was there. Loved it. Now you are telling me I was just hood winked. Dammit

I guess it has been well over a decade since I visited. We t seemed more rag tag and less Squaw glitz when I was there. Loved it. Now you are telling me I was just hood winked. Dammit
    No, its just that our ragtag is a lot more raggedy, and our glitz has more patina haha.

Vail and Alterra don't give a shit about any of their ski "hills" only their "resorts". Probably why they've been dragging their feet acquiring the Mt Hood skis areas.
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Crystal is where the bourgeoisie class of the Puget Sounds regularly ski. Seems to me the Bay Area elite gravitate towards Squaw and Heavenly over Kirkwood. Crystal is critical to Alterra because that is there in with Seattle tech money.
    The Bay Area Elite have a “cabin” at Martis Camp and take the private lift up to ski low angle groomers at Northstar then drop down in to the village for some “free” s’mores.

We’d be lucky if there was such an establishment within 3hrs of Seattle. It’d certainly help open some parking spots up in Lot C

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Schweitzer hasn't sold out...yet....but, this just came in today.

https://www.schweitzer.com/plan/pickyourpass/

One thing we know is that a lot of our Schweitzer skiers & riders love the opportunity to get out of town and explore. Thanks to Schweitzer's new partnership with the Ikon Pass, we can now offer an opportunity to explore even more through our new “Voyager Pass,” a pass product that includes an unlimited Schweitzer season pass and an Ikon Base Pass, unlocking access to every Ikon Base Pass destination worldwide.

Not sure what this is going to ultimately mean to us but I suspect more crowded than it's ever been. Thank God I'm retiring this summer. Looks like mid-week skiing is the new program for me. Not happy...

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post

One thing we know is that a lot of our Schweitzer skiers & riders love the opportunity to get out of town and explore. Thanks to Schweitzer's new partnership with the Ikon Pass, we can now offer an opportunity to explore even more through our new “Voyager Pass,” a pass product that includes an unlimited Schweitzer season pass and an Ikon Base Pass, unlocking access to every Ikon Base Pass destination worldwide.

Not sure what this is going to ultimately mean to us but I suspect more crowded than it's ever been. Thank God I'm retiring this summer. Looks like mid-week skiing is the new program for me. Not happy...
    Seems like a pretty good deal for Schweitzer skiers. $200 for an Ikon Base without the Ikon crowds coming to your mountain. I wish Boyne would do that with their passes, and their even on the Ikon pass. I'll be interested to see if more non-Ikon resorts do this kind of partnership.

Edit - Looks like Schwizz is on the Ikon now but the Ikon site hasn't been updated yet. Yeah, this sucks for them. Will get a lot more Seattle folks coming out.
    Last edited by phatty; 04-20-2021 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post

Alterra needs to keep their grubby paws off of Schweitzer... place is a god damn national treasure

Quote Originally Posted by goCougs View Post
    Alterra needs to keep their grubby paws off of Schweitzer... place is a god damn national treasure
    In the email we received that announced this, they said the following:

"One thing we want to make absolutely clear - Schweitzer is still one of the few remaining independent/family-owned resorts and we intend to keep it that way. Our ownership has no intentions of selling Schweitzer. This is a partnership, one that we think is a good fit because they value the individuality of each resort and fully support our independence. Schweitzer is still Schweitzer."

So, for the time being, I think we're okay. In the longer term, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Seems like a pretty good deal for Schweitzer skiers. $200 for an Ikon Base without the Ikon crowds coming to your mountain. I wish Boyne would do that with their passes, and their even on the Ikon pass. I'll be interested to see if more non-Ikon resorts do this kind of partnership.

Edit - Looks like Schwizz is on the Ikon now but the Ikon site hasn't been updated yet. Yeah, this sucks for them. Will get a lot more Seattle folks coming out.
    We knew about it as they were giving a day's notice to pass holders ahead of the public announcement. So, yeah, I expect a lot more Seattle traffic over here next year with this relationship. With all I've read in this thread with what's happened at Crystal with Ikon, I have fears...