Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by neutrinoone View Post
    Can someone post the reservation calendar? What is the next weekend date available?
    Are you looking for single day tickets or Ikon reservations?
    For single tickets go here:
    https://book.crystalmountainresort.c...startYear=2020

Looks like Feb 27th is the first day that a full ticket is available but I didn't look to hard.

For Ikkkon login to your account on ikonpass.com and click on the Make a Reservation button.
    Chronic Complainer Experiencing Ikon Cognitive Dissonance Since 2018
    Ow! My Balls!

ahh I am still on the fence about renewing my Ikon so I don't have access to the reservations page. Wanted to see what was available to book b4 purchase...

I don't have it handy at the moment but most saturdays are already booked through 26 January. Most other days are open. Obviously the situation is fluid; more availability could open up, or it could get more restricted or close completely, who knows.
    Ow! My Balls!

There is one positive to the reservation system and that it that it encourages the mountains to open more terrain. More terrain = more skiers allowed and more revenue for them.

Any intel on the parking situation at Crystal today? Trying to figure out how early I should leave tomorrow morning...

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    There is one positive to the reservation system and that it that it encourages the mountains to open more terrain. More terrain = more skiers allowed and more revenue for them.
    I can see the opposite happening. Reservation system may result in opening up less terrain to save money.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by powder_to_the_people View Post
    Any intel on the parking situation at Crystal today? Trying to figure out how early I should leave tomorrow morning...
    Lots of open spots in A lot, the rest were pretty full. I got there at noon and found a spot, but clearly had filled up all but F lot,

Edit: just tried to book another day and every Saturday in January Is completely booked. Fucking bullshit.

Dweebus excitedly announced last night that local pass holders no longer need reservations. Their reasoning is that those passes are not valid on weekends and weekday demand is lower.

I suggested to them that they should extend the same courtesy on weekdays to IKON holders who bought their 'unlimited' passes long before local passes were announced.

Some local [weekday only] passes include A-lot parking, though those passes weren't announced until after the deadline for parking pass purchase, so folks that bought the expensive and unlimited version of the parking pass are not being looked after on that level either.

Truth is probably that they - as before - massively oversold IKONs out of dweebus, and didn't sell too many local passes so it was the low hanging fruit to make themselves look good. Gotta think most locals had bought their IKONs log before locals were made available anyway.

Not terribly stolked on how they're doing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Dweebus excitedly announced last night that local pass holders no longer need reservations. Their reasoning is that those passes are not valid on weekends and weekday demand is lower.
    Wow..... sell two passes with unlimited skiing on midweek days and then partway through the season decide to limit only one of them via reservations.

Nice. One more kick to the crotch for season pass holders.
    Ow! My Balls!

Quote Originally Posted by powder_to_the_people View Post
    FWIW we arrived at 8:15 On Saturday and got a pretty good spot in B-lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    Wow..... sell two passes with unlimited skiing on midweek days and then partway through the season decide to limit only one of them via reservations.
    right? fuckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Sounds like your pass will scan if you don't have a reservation! "You could lose your privileges" - get fucked Alterra

Need Alta snob to see if this is even legal. I'm having a hard time finding my paperwork I signed when I bought my UNLIMITED not LIMTED RESERVATION season pass.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 10.17.16 AM.png
Views: 154
Size:  38.2 KB

was just about to post this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stairmaster View Post
    Sounds like your pass will scan if you don't have a reservation! "You could lose your privileges" - get fucked Alterra

Need Alta snob to see if this is even legal. I'm having a hard time finding my paperwork I signed when I bought my UNLIMITED not LIMTED RESERVATION season pass.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 10.17.16 AM.png
Views: 154
Size:  38.2 KB

My guess is that Crystal never planned / doesn't want to have this reservation system at all but one of Alterra's lawyers has told them that they have to have a way to "manage capacity" to stay within the bounds of the state COVID mitigation efforts. Given that any pass user who went up without a reservation could say the system glitched, they thought they had a reservation, they went, and nothing seemed unusual to them; I doubt Crystal will actually enforce this at all. Particularly without some sort of warning system in place first.

I imagine there are still pass holders out there who've gone up (or plan to) who are unaware of the whole reservation system at all.

This is so *ucked. My son is in the freeride program and my daughter in multi week lessons. Both on Sundays starting in January, yet we can't make reservations for those days? That doesn't work at all. They shouldn't be allowing people to buy single day tickets in advance at this point unless there is capacity like 24 hours in advance. We need to collectively email, fb , twitter, etc Frank DeBerry... I'm into them for about $5k at this point. and to make it worse they are still marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Ow_My_Balls View Post
    Are you looking for single day tickets or Ikon reservations?
    For single tickets go here:
    https://book.crystalmountainresort.c...startYear=2020
    I was pretty psyched when I clicked on that link and saw single day tickets for $49 this week! Then I found out that's for the beginner chair only. Normal tickets are $108!!

It's pretty messed up that I can buy an adult single day ticket for Thanksgiving day but I can't make an Ikon reservation for that day.

Double plus cool that all their website phone numbers to go "you have entered an invalid destination number" so they don't have to deal with anyone.

It's possible that ticket you can buy for Thanksgiving day is for Discovery chair only....?

Quote Originally Posted by ptavv View Post
    It's pretty messed up that I can buy an adult single day ticket for Thanksgiving day but I can't make an Ikon reservation for that day.

Double plus cool that all their website phone numbers to go "you have entered an invalid destination number" so they don't have to deal with anyone.

Something else they didn't think about. It is fucked and while I'm glad that's no longer my life as it was for many years I'm sorry you have to deal with it.

I'm curious how they're accommodating CMACers and Freeride program-er tickets? Guaranteed tix with enrollment no matter what or do you have to make a reservation for them too?

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    This is so *ucked. My son is in the freeride program and my daughter in multi week lessons. Both on Sundays starting in January, yet we can't make reservations for those days? That doesn't work at all. They shouldn't be allowing people to buy single day tickets in advance at this point unless there is capacity like 24 hours in advance. We need to collectively email, fb , twitter, etc Frank DeBerry... I'm into them for about $5k at this point. and to make it worse they are still marketing

Holy crap, all weekend days in January except Sunday the 31st are booked. Also my "10 days" are not refreshing (guessing it's a glitch from a future day that I've since canceled) so it's limiting my ability to book anything else.

Sure glad I bought an unlimited pass / parking pass!!!!1!!1!

Edit: The glitch is done and I have an additional day, seems like a bit of a lag from the reservation system though.
    Ow! My Balls!

It's possible that ticket you can buy for Thanksgiving day is for Discovery chair only....?
    No, it's a full day all lift adult ticket. They aren't offering Discovery-only tickets on holidays.

I just want to take my daughter up and dork around, but I can't unless I pay them.

I'm curious how they're accommodating CMACers and Freeride program-er tickets? Guaranteed tix with enrollment no matter what or do you have to make a reservation for them too?
    A friend of mine with some kids in CMAC showed me the email all the parents got. Basically it said, "Reserve all the weekend days you can, then as you use them roll them forward. If you don't have a reservation come anyway, Crystal promised us they'd make it work."

Quote Originally Posted by Ow_My_Balls View Post
    Holy crap, all weekend days in January except Sunday the 31st are booked. Also my "10 days" are not refreshing (guessing it's a glitch from a future day that I've since canceled) so it's limiting my ability to book anything else.
    This happened to me. I noticed two things, when you click on a date to reserve it, the reservations counter is telling you what you'll have left *including the reservation you've got selected*. So if you have 1 reservation available and you click on a date to make a reservation, it will tell you have 0 available while you have that date selected. Which is super counter-intuitive.

Also, if it's the same day that you used a reservation that number doesn't seem to reset until midnight or something, though you can cancel the reservation when you get home and I think it gives it back to you immediately then (though the Crystal audit might then flag you as an user without a reservation I guess).