Page 17 of 79 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Seriously... valet parking?

What a maroon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    JTG4 = Frank DeBerry troll
    I think you're on to something there.

Or he's Bunny?

He seems to like his breakfasts.

Typical Galtish neoliberalism in an to attempt to obliquely insinuate blame on the average Joe for a situation brought about by conglomerate greed and mismanagement.

I wouldn't rant so if it weren't for the fact that it's a Forest Service permit on the Public Trust initiated by a bunch of Boeing wobblies.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    So Own it, pal.
    Eh! In fairness, I said most of “you” AREN’T whiny bitches....but clearly some are. New York money, says an expensive season pass holder (?)...like Seattle is any less expensive theses days! Change is the only constant in life, adapt or be left behind. Or hold your breath and stomp your feet, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG4 View Post
    Eh! In fairness, I said most of “you” AREN’T whiny bitches....but clearly some are. New York money, says an expensive season pass holder (?)...like Seattle is any less expensive theses days! Change is the only constant in life, adapt or be left behind. Or hold your breath and stomp your feet, I guess.
    Fuck you asshole. Your message is poorly frosted.

Own it.

Then apologize if you can instead of blaming the people who got swept up in it.

Let me spell it out slowly for you: it's Alterra's fault, not yours. I am not blaming you for the situation.

But you're being a dick and an insensitive asshole for referring to people affected as whiney bitches when we express concern about access to public resources.

the average Joe.
    Isn’t really in the picture and doesn’t buy an ikon pass. For perspective.

I’m getting a bit of hypocrisy from you in this though. You’re biggest complaint seems to be “Joe” not following good winter driving practices. I’m not sure how this is really Frank/Altera’s fault other than selling a shit ton of passes to folks you’d rather not share a road with?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Hmmmm.....wait in the only insanely long line of the day, or have some fuel and a cup o’ joe and then ski just as much pow as I would have had I waited in said line? Yeah, on certain days I like my breakfast, especially when the kids are hungry. Where’s your empathy for the poor children who won’t get their yummy breakfast, or is this place just Save to Children for those who didn’t get to ski?

There was no breakfast Monday, the only real powder morning of my trip!

Isn’t really in the picture and doesn’t buy an ikon pass. For perspective.
    I know, they might be able to afford a few day tickets, that's the point.

I’m getting a bit of hypocrisy from you in this though. You’re biggest complaint seems to be “Joe” not following good winter driving practices. I’m not sure how this is really Frank/Altera’s fault other than selling a shit ton of passes to folks you’d rather not share a road with?
    The root is oversales and the following complete lack of planning on managing the roads and parking. Call me a hypocrite, I don't fucking care. When I had no money, I put on chains.

I know, they might be able to afford a few day tickets, that's the point.

The root is oversales and the following complete lack of planning on managing the roads and parking. Call me a hypocrite, I don't fucking care. When I had no money, I put on chains.
    Totally agree on the failure to plan and implement adequate changes. The changes they did make (A lot almost completely carpool only, implemented shuttles from Enumclaw and further) didn’t go far enough. Clearly got stuck with their pants down a bit. I’m totally cool with blaming the people who didn’t come prepared and made stupid driving decisions too.

I’m not sure what they could have done to prevent over sales in this case though.

The guy flew across the country, stayed slopeside and nailed one of the best storm cycles in my short time here in the pnw, and sounds like his whole family had a blast. The guy doesn't share the local perspective because he didn't have the local experience. Can't blame him for his POV on the past weekend, he nailed it.

That said, he could try s little harder to see the local experience.

For example, I nailed drive timing this weekend with alpental/hyak... But I do recognize what an absolute CF it was. And it sounds like 410/CMB was way worse. Fucking yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I think you're on to something there.

Or he's Bunny?

Or David Perry.

Hmmmm.....wait in the only insanely long line of the day, or have some fuel and a cup o’ joe and then ski just as much pow as I would have had I waited in said line? Yeah, on certain days I like my breakfast, especially when the kids are hungry. Where’s your empathy for the poor children who won’t get their yummy breakfast, or is this place just Save to Children for those who didn’t get to ski?

There was no breakfast Monday, the only real powder morning of my trip!
    I bet you found the secret stashes too?

Jerry.

Totally agree on the failure to plan and implement adequate changes. The changes they did make (A lot almost completely carpool only, implemented shuttles from Enumclaw and further) didn’t go far enough. Clearly got stuck with their pants down a bit.
    "A" lot is also accessible to those of us who have paid $1100 for access up front for 4 months, followed downhill by the carpool parking and hemmed by AI parking.

But this is the thing: it's easy to be manipulated into feeling guilty about the problem when in reality, the only control we have is through government. None of us caused this.

Alterra has fucked up by grossly mismanaging the situation after they willingly and knowingly sold far more tickets than the resource, a Public Trust, can support.

JT4X feels guilty because he's confused and hasn't thought the situation out and jumps on the neoliberal Galtwagon to blame the inDUHvidual "daddy". So while I really don't blame him for the root cause, that sort of divisive fabrication of calling victims whiney is not something I'll keep mute about.

He owes an apology, not to me, but to the public at large.

I don't expect one, most people don't have the balls or tits.

Does that airstrip still exist in the valley near the Skookum Flats trailhead? I can't imagine it is used in the winter.

4wd and carpool proceeds to the loss near the lifts. 2wd and solo, park on the air strip and get bussed up. Crystal has to clear the airstrip and provide busses.

That won't solve the lodge seating and umbrella space problems.

Alterra can send me $37 for that solution.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Your message is poorly frosted.
    Says the guy yelling the obscenities!

Everyone who planned to ski at Crystal this past weekend had to deal with the same forecast and possibilities. Not everyone had a negative experience. Own some solutions, or keep shaking your fist at the sky. Your choice....

tits.
    I like where this is headed.

Someone jump in and drift this thread thataway.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    The That said, he could try s little harder to see the local experience.

But I do recognize what an absolute CF it was.
    I get what a CF the situation can be, and was......I just don’t entirely agree with where some people are throwing all the blame.

Local experience? Apparently the Jerry from New York dealt with the same Saturday circumstances better than some locals, how is that?

Local experience? Apparently the Jerry from New York dealt with the same Saturday circumstances better than some locals, how is that?
    Luck

JFC, get over yourself.

I get what a CF the situation can be, and was......I just don’t entirely agree with where some people are throwing all the blame.

I tried. Yep, you're an asshole. GFY.

Apparently the Jerry from New York dealt with the same Saturday circumstances better than some locals, how is that?
    I rode 3rd chair on chex. 2nd on rex and had skied 10 plus laps before you got your kids in their fucking mittens.

And you're back in NY.

Jerry.

Alterra has fucked up by grossly mismanaging the situation after they willingly and knowingly sold far more tickets than the resource, a Public Trust, can support.
    Admittedly, I could be more sensitive to the Public Trust issues you support. However, I’m not going to apologize for being a pragmatist. Life give you lemons and all that shit. If that makes me a dick, own it I will.

I wonder how many of the people angry with the situation were happy to sign up for the Ikon pass?

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    I tried. Yep, you're an asshole. GFY.
    Sorry, I was just pushing back against those who seem to meet contrary opinion with name calling. I’m sorry for locals that the situation has changed for the worse. I hope your experiences gets better. I do believe positive outcomes will come from how you choose to deal with those changes, rather than trying to make those changes go away, unpopular as that opinion may be.

Crystal Mountain Becomes Alterra

Look, I am a pragmatist too, however let's not pretend that you putting together a family ski trip that happened to work out well for you, that happened to coincide with the perfect shitstorm of circumstance makes you some sort of savant. You got lucky.

Look, I am a pragmatist too, however let's not pretend that you putting together a family ski trip that happened to work out well for you, that happened to coincide with the perfect shitstorm of circumstance makes you some sort of savant. You got lucky.
    Savant...

Well played friend.

You got lucky.
    Things could have gone worse, and I didn’t get unlucky like many did Sunday.

No shitstorm of circumstances in our being there last weekend however. On Jan 2nd I checked the ten day forecasts, on Jan 3rd I decided on Seattle and booked tickets, on Jan 8th I settled on Crystal and booked the hotels. A lot of good planning with a little good fortune. I’ve had a high success rate with those kind of trips.