Page 6 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Three Stooges of Mt Dweebus A-Lot

Maybe a park-in instead? chain your vehicles to each other and buckets of concrete in protest?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post

If they get rid of permit parking Oft, Buster and I will stage a protest sit in.
    Smash the state.

I sold mine.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Just received my upgrade from anytime Crystal pass to Ikon pass. It appears to be the full Ikon pass and not the base Ikon pass. Free but still required a credit card number to get the free pass.

The founders club meeting was very interesting and had a much larger than normal turn-out. I still wonder why any resort owner wants to be involved in owning a resort where you have an annual line item liabitity of excess of $1.8 million right off the top (23,500 shares at 1 adult day ticket/ share/season). Retiring these shares would be nice for the owner, but could run to around $30 million with any premium one would have to offer. And it could be more than the 150% that I used in my hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Knocker View Post
    The founders club meeting was very interesting and had a much larger than normal turn-out. I still wonder why any resort owner wants to be involved in owning a resort where you have an annual line item liabitity of excess of $1.8 million right off the top (23,500 shares at 1 adult day ticket/ share/season). Retiring these shares would be nice for the owner, but could run to around $30 million with any premium one would have to offer. And it could be more than the 150% that I used in my hypothetical.
    Anything notable from the meeting?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Alterra wasn't there, so their interests were represented by by the Kirschers. They explained how the sale came about, the reasons and why it was such a surprise. Their reasons were the same as given up thread, and the secrecy was due to disclosure.

I still have no idea about the Ikon Pass and people who bought a Crystal pass prior to the sale, the mechanics of how a Ikon pass holder will use their pass at the resort, and if a Founder Club season pass has the same access at other areas as a Ikon Pass. I get the feeling that at present, founders club ticket privileges have no financial reciprocity with the Ikon system. As explained, and which I agree with the reasoning behind, Ikon Pass monies go to a separate account and then are distributed proportional to their use at each resort. Because the Founders privilege has no money involved, there is nothing to add to this pool and it would be a accounting nightmare to institute it. I would imagine that Founders will be able to purchase an Ikon Pass in the future, but at a discount. There must be some real money contributed to the pool for it to function, otherwise you could see some partner resorts (not members of Alterra) withdraw.

And there was an old lady there who I think wanted to punchout John Kircher. She was pissed.

And there was an old lady there who I think wanted to punchout John Kircher. She was pissed.
    She’s going to have to get in line. There isn’t any love lost with the Kirchers leaving.

I'm still finding the sale odd, especially after K bought Crustal and pumped money into the snowmaking system among other stuff.

If revenue being questionable is the rationale for the sale, why the purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by fullStack View Post
    Was this most likely because there will be no more Senior passes, or some kind of #metoo thing?
    I think she was mad because they sold to some hill billy from WV
    Quote Originally Posted by PNW_Skier206 View Post
    She’s going to have to get in line. There isn’t any love lost with the Kirchers leaving.
    I wouldn't want to be the one to stop her as she muscled her way to the front of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I'm still finding the sale odd, especially after K bought Crustal and pumped money into the snowmaking system among other stuff.

If revenue being questionable is the rationale for the sale, why the purchase?
    I don't know if it was revenue, but maybe future revenue? And Stevens being partnered with Whistler/Blackcomb could give them a leg up, if you accept they are fighting for the same market. Which I don't believe, they are fighting for the same submarket of the eastside maybe.

She might care to remember that Crystal was on it's knees and near financial collapse before Boyne came in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I don't know if it was revenue, but maybe future revenue? And Stevens being partnered with Whistler/Blackcomb could give them a leg up, if you accept they are fighting for the same market. Which I don't believe, they are fighting for the same submarket of the eastside maybe.
    Fighting for market share or fighting for a decent parking spot?

She might care to remember that Crystal was on it's knees and near financial collapse before Boyne came in.
    That may be true, but she was half in the bag. She went to the lounge at the Double Tree after and started some shit with a group of longshoremen.

That may be true, but she was half in the bag. She went to the lounge at the Double Tree after and started some shit with a group of longshoremen.
    I'm surprised that John ever agreed to take the meeting.... let some intern from Alterra fly over and take the abuse.

Who is making the argument that the market for skiing in the Northwest is NOT growing? The supply seems to be awfully static.

Who is making the argument that the market for skiing in the Northwest is NOT growing? The supply seems to be awfully static.
    I think that is true for the entire continent the last twenty to thirty years.

I'm surprised that John ever agreed to take the meeting.... let some intern from Alterra fly over and take the abuse.
    The WV hill billy Alterra Crystal GM was supposed to be there but there was a death in his family. So John stepped in yesterday. Pretty nice of him.

I think that is true for the entire continent the last twenty to thirty years.
    Even the Northeast? If so, it's dwarfed by the growth in the PNW. Anyway, it makes no sense to sell based on market viability. Something else is up, maybe a better investment?

So John stepped in yesterday. Pretty nice of him.
    Indeed.

Even the Northeast? If so, it's dwarfed by the growth in the PNW. Anyway, it makes no sense to sell based on market viability. Something else is up, maybe a better investment?
    In regards to the stagnant skier market for the last forty years

http://www.nsaa.org/media/303945/visits.pdf

In regards to the stagnant skier market for the last forty years

http://www.nsaa.org/media/303945/visits.pdf
    Is that just a resort measurement or does it count the people that have left the resorts because the lines have gotten so bad?

I would have to believe that it is only a measurement of tickets sold. Given that this is a discussion of a ski area and the finances of that business, the metric would be aplicable. But your point is absolutely spot on regarding the growth of AT.

I would have to believe that it is only a measurement of tickets sold. Given that this is a discussion of a ski area and the finances of that business, the metric would be aplicable. But your point is absolutely spot on regarding the growth of AT.
    It's not a particularly significant number in the bigger picture though.