Page 39 of 79 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    Jesus the roll out of this is equally fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Jesus the roll out of this is equally fucked up.
    How so other than the

"We have always been transparent when communicating with our dedicated community of skiers and riders and will continue to be open and honest about the issues we face"

The "always" is an especially deft touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Yep.

And yep.

Keep complaining folks.

Hopefully Frank is getting hauled over the coals by Alterra for this clusterfuck PR disaster.
    Well someone heard something. Slight applause at the shift, but probably more about PR than customers, but whatever.

I’m anticipating getting to scanner in line and being told my pass is no good. Sorry sir, but your pass is no any longer!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Alta implemented a similar parking reservation system, to the uproar of the SLC folks. I'm not super stoked on the 2 reservations per pass at one time thing. What about bc skiing? Do I need a parking res for that too? Seems like it... has anyone gotten a parking ticket/does anyone know what happens if you just dont pay it?

The message from the dorks over at Crystal:

Dear Ikon Pass holder,

On Friday, December 31, we made an announcement regarding Crystal Mountain lift reservations. However, to improve the guest experience and maximize access for skiers and riders, Crystal Mountain will no longer launch a lift reservation system, but will instead implement an on-mountain parking reservation system on Tuesday, January 11.

Beginning Saturday, January 15, parking reservations will be required for the on-mountain parking lots throughout the season on Saturdays, Sundays, MLK, and Presidents Day. More details on how to make parking reservations will be announced next week.

For those pass holders looking to visit Crystal Mountain the weekend of January 8, no reservations are required. Pass holders are encouraged to arrive early and visit the Crystal Mountain website for more details and updates regarding parking reservations.

ETA: I'm now getting PTSD from when Bachelor did this last year and basically locked out a bunch of their long time skiers due to the complete lack of availability of parking reservations.

What a mess. Crystal and Frank should be ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by ehausman View Post
    Alta implemented a similar parking reservation system, to the uproar of the SLC folks. I'm not super stoked on the 2 reservations per pass at one time thing. What about bc skiing? Do I need a parking res for that too? Seems like it... has anyone gotten a parking ticket/does anyone know what happens if you just dont pay it?
    They will boot your car. I’ve seen it done.

Well said oft.

Exhibit 1
    Sorry for rant. It was still pre happy hour even. .

Crystal Mountain Becomes Alterra

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post

Don’t be sorry. We’re all thinking it.

The frustrating part is the solution is extremely simple. If you are late and the lot is full, you take the shuttle. No reservation system needed.

I thought it was awesome.

Can you do it again?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

blame Scotsman. He should of bought the place
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by PNW_Skier206 View Post
    The frustrating part is the solution is extremely simple. If you are late and the lot is full, you take the shuttle. No reservation system needed.
    Huh. Not really.

There’s like 40 miles and a small town full of
    skiers between the shuttle pickup and Lot F. Crystal has been fucking up the timing of lighting up that sign for the few years I’ve been skiing there. Add into the fact that humans don’t read signs… I don’t envy them…

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

No apology needed.

I think you were spot on.

Happy happy hour!

Not really.

It's a very difficult area to do anything with.

There is clear flat space at Ranger Creek but it's a single-lane bridge that wouldn't work well with shuttle and parking traffic going in opposite directions... and would require existing traffic to turn left into the downhill traffic stream.

That area of the river is currently part of a multi year/agency enviro study that would stop any development nearby for a decade or more, even if ultimately allowed.
    As you say it's a very difficult area to work with, but those are because of imposed limits, not because geographically or physically it's hard.

There are tons of closed campground and trailheads in the area that Crystal could conceivably work out agreements with USFS to utilize (money, maintenance, plowing, etc) as shuttle stops. Silver Creek campground, Camp Sheppard Trailhead, The Dalles campground.

That's before you even consider that Crystal/Alterra could work out a deal with the Muckleshoot tribe who own all that private logging land to build a shuttle stop between Greenwater and Crystal Village that doesn't even involve USFS or NPS land.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW_Skier206 View Post
    They will boot your car. I’ve seen it done.
    Crystal Mountain boots are a Home Depot bucket filled with concrete attached to a chain that goes through your wheel. Unless they've upgraded since last season (quite possible)

Carry bolt cutters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post

ETA: I'm now getting PTSD from when Bachelor did this last year and basically locked out a bunch of their long time skiers due to the complete lack of availability of parking reservations.

What a mess. Crystal and Frank should be ashamed.
    This is exactly what I’m afraid of. At least we knew how the Crystal reservation system worked last year where the night before you could almost always find a spot.

Now it’s a whole new system that’s going to be ???? Two reservations is not a lot to let you figure it out.

I'm not a Crystal skier nor ski in the backcountry there but what do the reservations mean for bc skiers? Good luck everyone as you get used to the new regs.

“Sorry we sold more passes than we possibly have parking for even when we have all the data on pass sales and the parking math is incredibly simple arithmetic. You can’t park here now on a weekend except for two days even though we said that you had unlimited access. Here ride this free bus during a pandemic.”

While I might doubt the strategy of any of these measures, introducing them before passes are sold would be at least fair business practice. Selling unlimited passes that cannot reasonably/safely be used is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    “Sorry we sold more passes than we possibly have parking for even when we have all the data on pass sales and the parking math is incredibly simple arithmetic. You can’t park here now on a weekend except for two days even though we said that you had unlimited access. Here ride this free bus during a pandemic.”

While I might doubt the strategy of any of these measures, introducing them before passes are sold would be at least fair business practice. Selling unlimited passes that cannot reasonably/safely be used is not.
    Yep.

Thanks Frank!

Crystal patrol and lift ops straight up rules and they run that place really well IMO. Whoever is responsible for the pass/parking/reservation shenanigans between Alterra/Crystal should straight up be fired. Or perhaps someone just needs to buy them a calculator. Seriously this has got to be the least complex part of running a ski area. Be clear ahead of time what happens if they run out of parking, or set expectations ahead of time about availability of said parking I.e. “there is no limitation to the number of passes sold and parking is first come first serve always” or implement your janky parking reservation system in May so people know what they are buying.

Crystal patrol and lift ops straight up rules and they run that place really well IMO. Whoever is responsible for the pass/parking/reservation shenanigans between Alterra/Crystal should straight up be fired
    Yep.

Deberry wouldn't keep his job in any sane world.

Crystal patrol and lift ops straight up rules and they run that place really well IMO. Whoever is responsible for the pass/parking/reservation shenanigans between Alterra/Crystal should straight up be fired. Or perhaps someone just needs to buy them a calculator. Seriously this has got to be the least complex part of running a ski area. Be clear ahead of time what happens if they run out of parking, or set expectations ahead of time about availability of said parking I.e. “there is no limitation to the number of passes sold and parking is first come first serve always” or implement your janky parking reservation system in May so people know what they are buying.
    QFT. Crystal lift ops and Patrol fucking rocks

The pandemic and all its craziness highlighted what an impressive job Crystal patrol has done getting the mountain open safely and quickly through last winter's amazing snow and they've kept it up this year.

Crystal patrol is excellent, one of the best things about Crystal.

Two parking reservations?? How is this is going to appease any unhappy consumers? This seems much worse to me. If I want to ski 2 weekends in a row I'm going to be trying to figure out exactly what time on Saturday I can make a reservation for next Saturday. Is it noon? Am I going to try doing it from my phone while riding the lift?

Nobody wants to ride a bus, especially right now, and calling the parking lot in Enumclaw their "overflow lot" is severe spin.

Three years ago I could understand how they were taken off-guard by the IKON influx. This is really poor management. Flailing around trying to solve a problem today they have known they had for years.
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

I was pondering how he missed a big PR opportunity in the language for the reversal. “Thank you for all the input from our loyal customers. We have heard you, understand your concerns and we’re going to try ____ instead “

Instead, more “customer experience“ corpspeak bullshit. Not looking a gift horse in the mouth, but as a business in the weeds you don’t get thrown that fat a pitch often. Unbelievable.

Apparently a graduate of the Donald trump business school.

No surprise, really.
    I don't think they really care about customers.
    My guess is that with all the pushback, their lawyers began to consider the misrepresentation and legal issues more seriously.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<