Page 15 of 79 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikon_Champ View Post
    Leaving Seattle at 4am usually keeps me at the front of the pack except for the people passing me but they are usually out of sight within seconds so the traffic has been fine for me. I just wish that last 6 miles was a wider road because I never know where I will get stuck and need to install the tire chains but at least that process is faster now I am quite proud to be nearing 30 minutes elapsed time and I always have 4 people in the car so 3 can push to get us going again and we can park at the front lot so it all works out quite well.
    remember it's state law when there is a passing lane and snow coverage to drive in the middle of the two lanes. As the champ, you already know this but wanted to point it out for others

need gas prices to go up to $7 a gallon, but won't help you all too much as word is everyone drives Teslas up there

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    remember it's state law when there is a passing lane and snow coverage to drive in the middle of the two lanes. As the champ, you already know this but wanted to point it out for others

need gas prices to go up to $7 a gallon, but won't help you all too much as word is everyone drives Teslas up there
    Or even better just drive in the downhill lane.

Keep track of how many buses you can get backed up behind you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

and another take....

https://www.powder.com/latest-news/c...H9n9kCgPSabyfU

and apparently KING5 news was up there today and the story is about to run on the news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    and another take....

https://www.powder.com/latest-news/c...H9n9kCgPSabyfU

and apparently KING5 news was up there today and the story is about to run on the news.
    Yep.

I could use a bit less of the "our community" from the President and COO though...

"We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    The real problem is the explosive population growth of the Puget Sound region.

AKA, blame California.
    Uh, maybe just limit your housing stock and make it unaffordable. Geez, blaming your good neighbors to the south.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    I hate to say it but they need to limit ikon days to 5 on the base pass, just like every other ikonic destination.

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk
    Or even just have blackouts on the base pass. You will still have a shit ton of pass holders but at least fewer during the blackouts.

I WANT BLOOD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Or even just have blackouts on the base pass.
    This seems like a fore gone conclusion for next year. So of the Alterra owned resorts with blackout dates (Squaw, Mammoth, Solitude, ect) can you buy a season pass with no black out dates? If so, how much more is that season pass? Next year, I expect Ikon to be limited at Crystal with a very expensive unlimited season pass option available. I doubt it will have much effect on crowds though. Crystal pass holders are some of the wealthiest skiers on earth (Seattle/Bellevue/Redmond tech wealth) and Crystal is really the only ski area in the state that appeals to the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    This seems like a fore gone conclusion for next year. So of the Alterra owned resorts with blackout dates (Squaw, Mammoth, Solitude, ect) can you buy a season pass with no black out dates? If so, how much more is that season pass? Next year, I expect Ikon to be limited at Crystal with a very expensive unlimited season pass option available. I doubt it will have much effect on crowds though. Crystal pass holders are some of the wealthiest skiers on earth (Seattle/Bellevue/Redmond tech wealth) and Crystal is really the only ski area in the state that appeals to the masses.
    +200 for 7 days and no blackout I think. There absolutely needs to be a cap on days. Keep the crystal season pass for whatever crazy amount it is now

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post

I counted 3 other Tesla's in B lot last crystal day. I hate to say it, but a paid parking model for single occupancy vehicles (free for 2+) would go a long way...

There is no Crystal season pass this year. Ikon base gets you unlimited there so that is the season pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    I counted 3 other Tesla's in B lot last crystal day. I hate to say it, but a paid parking model for single occupancy vehicles (free for 2+) would go a long way...
    Checking for proper traction would go further.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

$30 a car unless 3+, keep the top lot for cars with 4+

I'm curious why you all seem to want to cram more people in.

We need fewer people there.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I'm curious why you all seem to want to cram more people in.

We need more cars with good traction there.
    fify
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Definitely did not happen at Amazon, nor could I see it happening. We don't even get Prime free.
    This blows me away.

JH did that many years ago. Even before the added bus runs.

It did help. I and many others would pick up hitchhikers just to get free lot a parking.
    3 was free. Otherwise $10 I recall.

Now the lots are all pay to park and he bus service is better. But it’s still filled to capacity and a shitshow on the hill with the ikon invasion for prime weeks
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by LesterSmoove View Post
    Attachment 310380
    man it sounds like this weekend was rough up there.
    In my experience....no, it wasn’t.

We flew in from NY Friday night. Left the Roadway in Claw at 6:50am and, other than the line of slowish traffic, made it there by 8am no problem. They were still filling Lot B at that hour. I don’t think one needed to leave Seattle at 4am to get a spot, maybe 6am. Me thinks some peeps ARE dramatic little b******.

Granted, because we had a long flight Friday night and I didn’t want to push my kids right to the lift (their first Western trip, and all that Friday night snow in the forecast didn’t happen anyway) we had a nice breakfast and checked into the Alpine before heading out. That horror show 8:30 lift line someone posted a pic of? When we went out 11ish we walked on the lift. Next we waited 5 for the gondi. In fact, we didn’t wait in a 10 minute lift line all day.

Sunday am, we did breakfast again. Figured for sure, after all the complaining I heard about Saturday, that we’d be stuck in a long lift line when we showed up at 9:30. Nope. Again, not a 10 minute lift line all day, and I did a few laps in Southback. Conditions were incredible, and got better by the hour.

Monday was the ultimate powder day. Got to the gondi maybe 8:10 and we were maybe 25 people back. No lift lines whatsoever, all day. I still heard people complain how quick it got tracked out. I’ve only made 4 trips to Crystal, and even I could find untracked until lunch. Past lunch!

I guess I’m sorry people didn’t plan better but, damn, you didn’t have to work very hard to not get skunked this past weekend. Seriously, I think some (not all, not most) Seattle skiers are spoiled whiny little b******. Just sayin’. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Checking for proper traction would go further.
    Agreed Buster. It would be a better short term solution to the shit show on snow days as it would both alleviate the driving shit show and limit the amount of cars. Then once everyone in the lot has snow tires and it's still filling out we can talk about vehicle occupancy tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Note to self: When you finally get to Seattle, do not do Crystal on the weekend.
    Wrong Benny, see my last post. Do Crystal, just do it right. I’ll help ya out!

With the requirement to now buy advance tickets chasing storms on short notice could get harder, perhaps.

I’m really hoping the do something to guarantee guest with Crystal Resort hotel reservations access to lift tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG4 View Post
    Wrong Benny, see my last post. Do Crystal,

I’m really hoping the do something to guarantee guest with Crystal Resort hotel reservations access to lift tickets.
    He'll love the breakfast recommendation!

Hotel guests are guaranteed lift tickets.

But otherwise thanks for telling the decades of combined experience there is mistaken about over this unprecedented over crowding.

we didn’t wait in a 10 minute lift line all day.
    Hmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    He'll love the breakfast recommendation!

Hotel guests are guaranteed lift tickets.

But otherwise thanks for telling the decades of combined experience there is mistaken about over this unprecedented over crowding.

Hmmmmm.
    Lol, aren't they cute when they still have their spots?

Name:  64543521-BF95-4F6C-A507-AE8706E556D7.gif
Views: 401
Size:  126.0 KB

Has to be a troll account.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Name:  64543521-BF95-4F6C-A507-AE8706E556D7.gif
Views: 401
Size:  126.0 KB

Has to be a troll account.
    The from NY part was OTT IMHO.