Page 63 of 79 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1953
    I get that they have to move some things around to build this new lodge… but this doesn’t make sense at all.

- Rent space in Enumclaw for HR and office staff (we know you have the money)
    - Put employee break space in the tent
    - Run rentals out of a conex

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

The next choice that puzzles me is moving Rafters next year. What is going into that space, executive offices? I would think the restaurant space even with the new lodge would still be needed.

There is a mention of increase uphill capacity for Bullion basin. Are they actually adding a lift there?

BULLION BASIN & GOLD HILLS EXPANSION (2023/2024)
    Increased uphill and downhill access added to Bullion Basin and Gold Hills.

What are you guys complaining about? The release clearly states that this is being done to "...accommodate every skier and snowboarder’s needs." Are you saying they're lying?

Weird. Crystal's customer-focused actions and policies over the past handful of years make this latest development hard to believe. So very, very hard to believe.

Hopefully charging up to $9,999 (thank god it’s not 10k, that’d be nuts) for a 20x10 ft piece of gravel to park an RV on will help Mega Corp have some cash flow to really focus on customer needs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by RichV View Post
    BULLION BASIN & GOLD HILLS EXPANSION (2023/2024)
    Increased uphill and downhill access added to Bullion Basin and Gold Hills.
    I don't know what Crystal is referring to here. I haven't heard any plans to break ground on any new lift at Gold Hills, or adding the Bullion Basin lift. Maybe they just plan to add some extra chairs to the existing Gold Hills lift and cut a new run?

I would think before Crystal ever builds the Bullion Basin lift, they would first need to construct the Kelly's Gap chair, the chair that connects B lot to the base area, and build the snow bridge/tunnel so that skiers can get from Bullion Basin to the B lot base. Here's the map of the plans:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crystal2005mdp.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	849.6 KB 
ID:	431105

https://www.fs.usda.gov/project/?pro...0&exp=overview

It certainly sounds like they're planning to both upgrade the Gold Hills chair and build a new one in Bullion Basin.

Forgive me if I’ve missed but what are the new employee housing arrangements if they fixed the existing for another parking lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishskisurf View Post
    Forgive me if I’ve missed but what are the new employee housing arrangements if they fixed the existing for another parking lot?
    I believe Crystal has been renting the Black Diamond Christian Camp near Ranger Creek air strip to house their employees:

https://blackdiamond.org/

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    It certainly sounds like they're planning to both upgrade the Gold Hills chair and build a new one in Bullion Basin.
    Gold Hills only seems to be open on weekends and then not even every weekend. I have never seen a line there. So don't know why they would think that lift needs an upgrade.

Like I mentioned above, there is really no feasible way to connect a Bullion Basin lift to the rest of the mountain other than starting it from B lot. Then you have to connect that B lot base with the rest of the mountain, which will require a skier snow bridge over to the top of the road, and expanded snow making (since the B lot bottom would be even lower than the current base). We're talking multi-million dollar project. I can't imagine a Bullion Basin lift is part of their "Reimagine Crystal" announcement (which is the source of that Bullion Basin Gold Hills statement). Even though the Bullion Basin has been approved by the Forest Service in 2004, I assume there will at least be some kind of announcement by the Forest Service before the project moves forward, and I haven't seen that.

I know, it does sound a bit underwhelming to me, too, but just going on how the statement is worded. I suppose they could be looking for more blue terrain.

It's not really clear on the master plan map, but it seems like there should be some sort of crossover between Gold Hills and Bullion Basin and that would be the connection between BB and the rest of the mountain.

Ya, you would be able to ski from the top of the Bullion Basin lift to the base (and Gold Hills base). But I think the Bullion Basin bottom has to go in B lot. In theory, it could go where Upper C lot is. But that is a National Forest summer trailhead. I don't think Crystal can just take out Upper C lot, and the summer trailhead, without further Forest Service approval. The approved Master Plan shows the bottom in B lot, so I think Crystal is stuck with that. Upper C lot for the base wouldn't make sense, even if Crystal could stick it there, because it is slightly uphill from there to the base area.

I think the bullion basin snowshoe trails are a better use of that exceptionally marginal terrain.

I guess I could see it providing a dedicated family/learning area that is relatively isolated but offering more than discovery and quicksilver.

Bullion basin was a thing many years ago. That side never drew crowds and had a few fun runs but it takes direct sun in later season and the snow rots out quick. When it was lift-served, had to pull my brother out of a creek over there when he skied onto a snow bridge that collapsed. Lift improvements / ski runs could affect B.C. access via the cat track also. Inside the managed area puts it under the flashing light rules that presently don't apply. Since it's a poor choice for enhancing the skier experience which Alterra assuredly knows, what's the underlying motive? Crowd dispersal or acquiring acreage for marketing purposes/ enterprise value is all it's worth. I'm going with #2.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Weird. Crystal's customer-focused actions and policies over the past handful of years make this latest development hard to believe. So very, very hard to believe.
    Their what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Their what?
    You heard the man. They are accommodating every skier and snowboarder’s needs!
    Our great works of human enterprise will fade away with time. The mountain will endure. ~nps

Quote Originally Posted by Northway View Post
    You heard the man. They are accommodating every skier and snowboarder’s needs!
    ... and scenic gondola riders needs. Let us never forget the stormday scenic gondola riders! RIP views. RIP.

Brutal.

It's like the ski industry hates its own customers.

$4 -5k for an RV seasonal parking spot?! JFC that's insanity. And the worst part, the well-heeled in the greater Seattle metroplex will pay it so they can park their quarter-million dollar camper van and have maximum access to show how rad their life is on social media.

Based on this thread I don't think I'll ever ski there. Sounds like exactly what is wrong w skiing at these megaplex es.

That’s just fine, we don’t need more cars on 410.

Most of the loc’s are up @ Crystal less and less…..More Evo bro’s with Shifts on new Bent Chet’s, oh and don’t forget guided snowshoe tours on the weekend to make the parking phuckery worse.

Ok. Devil's advocate. 30/night x 30 nights/mo x 5 mo season = 4500 bones. $30/ night is not actually that bad. The bummer is that the pool of people who get to enjoy crashing the lot is so much smaller than it could otherwise be

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Ok. Devil's advocate. 30/night x 30 nights/mo x 5 mo season = 4500 bones. $30/ night is not actually that bad. The bummer is that the pool of people who get to enjoy crashing the lot is so much smaller than it could otherwise be.
    Says the fucking doctor who makes 6 figures and has a sprinter

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Says the fucking doctor who makes 6 figures and has a sprinter

You mistake me sir. No way in f*** I'm paying for that. I'm saying when you break it down the rate isn't like bonkers, you're just buying the same patch of dirt every night consecutively for 5 months. Which is bonkers. Also I was wrong, it works out to 50ish bucks a night. Which, on a nightly basis is bordering on dumb. You'll find me on mud mountain road.

Currently it's 80 a night

The greater Puget Sound has some of the fewest (in bounds) skiable acres per capita and is one of the richer metro areas in the nation. I'm only surprised it took Alterra this long to get around to trying to find market-clearing prices (for all the wailing and gnashing of teeth on here and the B-lot FB group and elsewhere… B-lot camper spots are going to be sold out).

On Alterra's timeline a one year hit to good will / revenue / vibez to inconvenience some families (who have no real alternative) and then have the new buildings and a larger revenue stream in the future is a no brainer.