Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1532
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I expect a significant number of current pass holders to buy the $2k Xtal+Ikon pass. The reality is xtal remains a premium product relative to other WA ski areas, if not on the level of WB/Big Sky/Jackson Hole. $2k was actually really close to the value I discussed with some friends as what it would take to have an significant impact on crowds.
    I was surprised only 25% of current pass holders ski more than 7 days on their ikon passes. We could see a very marginal impact on crowds IF the 75% conduct the analysis to figure this out. Crediting the lack of traffic to the bus/parking reservations system is seriously disingenuous given how abysmal the season ended up being.

I still think xtal responded to the criticism incorrectly and should have kept pass policies the same but just added parking costs to everyone. Parking remains the primary issue, not on mountain access. Adding a $500 annual B-F lot parking pass would likely have a higher impact on reducing traffic issues while also being less exclusionary to families trying to raise the next generation of customers.

Who knows, xtal isn’t a short drive from anywhere, so maybe $8/gal gas next winter will be enough to keep people home all on its own.
    I agree with this. I think the fundamental error here is an assessment of what the limiting factors are. It's been clear all year that the limitation is parking… even on the busiest weekends the lift lines have been totally reasonable (in fact, better than I've experienced at almost any marquee regional resort on a busy weekend) and are an order of magnitude better than last year's chair capacity reduction craziness.

I think the worst part of this whole response is that no matter the outcome Crystal will deem this massive price increase to be a success. Whether parking lots are as crowded or less crowded or more crowded, this insanely complex pass and parking fee structure and the reservations will all be looked at as having "fixed" the problem (if parking is less of an issue) or prevented things from getting even worse (if problems continue or worsen). In the mean time they'll have alienated a ton of price-sensitive consumers and burned up quite a lot of community good will.

Truly their only saving grace is that there are no viable alternatives and no way to build some competition.

For those of us who are debating the 22/23 pass options, here’s some additional info on the wildcards.

If the new “roots” pass were shareable between two people, I’d be going with that. Since it isn’t, the wildcard seem like the next best thing for a 2 skier household hoping to get 8-10 days in next season. Anyone else in a similar spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume the 3 and 5 day wild cards can only only be used mid-week, and non-holidays, at least until mid-March when they start selling the Spring wild cards and Spring unlimited pass (that's how it was this year). If one person is going to ski 8 to 10 day mid-week days, the unlimited mid-week roots pass makes the most sense (pays for itself after 7 days or so). I say "or so" because Crystal uses variable pricing for daily lift tickets. If you want a 2, 3, or 4 day pass that works on weekends (with black outs) then you can get the Ikon Session pass. The 4 day works out to $105 a day plus tax, which is pricey, but still much less than paying for a lift ticket on the weekend.

Does a session “pass” get you in the door if/when reservations are required?

Crystal Mountain Becomes Alterra

I should’ve clarified my situation a bit more.

My wife and I are planning to ski 5-12ish days during the week between the two of us (5-7 for me, 3-5 for her). We’ve got young kids (5&2.5) in daycare, so it makes skiing together challenging.

My plan for the weekends is to go to White Pass with our kids and ski as a family. During the week, my plan is to have one of us ski on the better condition days while the other takes care of the kids at home.

The wildcards seem to be the least expensive way to accomplish this goal. While I would love to get more days in, it’s tough with 2 kids, 2 work schedules, family visits, vacations, etc.

All passes will need parking reservations for weekends and holidays. Just like this year, they release the spots on Tuesday at noon and 7 pm. And if you don't carpool with 4, take the bus, or have an unlimited pass, you will have to pay for parking Friday through Sunday.

Ya, if you are only doing 3 to 7 days mid-week the wild card makes sense. And if you blow through your wild card by mid-March they will likely sell the cheaper Spring wild card that works on weekends as well. Or Spring unlimited pass. My wife is stuck with weekends and I bought her 4 day session pass with plans to buy a Spring wild card if she uses her 4 and still wants to ski Crystal weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    All passes will need parking reservations for weekends and holidays. Just like this year, they release the spots on Tuesday at noon and 7 pm. And if you don't carpool with 4, take the bus, or have an unlimited pass, you will have to pay for parking Friday through Sunday.
    Quick correction: parking $$ is included in the price of any season pass, even on weekends.

The way I read it, only the Anytime Legends Pass includes parking on weekends. Ikon pass (both base and full) will have to pay to park on weekends. And the Midweek Roots Pass will have to pay to park on weekends, including after 3/18/23 when the Roots pass works on weekends.

Crystal hasn't released what qualifies as "weekends" yet for next year. But this year, Friday was a weekend day for paid parking. So if you got the Midweek Roots Pass for next year (like me) and are skiing on Friday, I expect you will have to pay. Pretty lame but this is what I am expecting.

Also lame, Crystal stopped running the bus on April 3rd this year but claims paid parking was in effect until April 17.

Also lame, currently, on Crystal's mountain report page it says this:

"Paid parking is still in effect Friday through Sunday for non-pass holders before 1pm."

So anyone reading this would assume paid parking is still in effect today. But on the page where Crystal announced their Spring bonus skiing it says this:

"Paid parking will not be required. A-Lot parking first come, first serve (A-Lot permits expire April 17th)"

So that's why I say no paid parking now that it is after April 17. Crystal hasn't released all the parking details for next year, probably on purpose, so that they can change it on a whim and do whatever they want without people going to the Attorney General and threatening a class action consumer protection lawsuit like they did this year for bait and switching.

Perhaps I'm giving them too much credit, but their "Season Pass" portion of the website includes all forms of Ikon, Legends, Roots, Bullshit passes, and then they specifically use that term and don't single out "Anytime Legends" pass only on any announcement. So I'm thinking that anything other than a day pass is free parking all year, basically just like this year.

Name:  2022-04-21 08_19_10-(3) Facebook — Mozilla Firefox.png
Views: 593
Size:  30.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by cstefanic View Post
    Perhaps I'm giving them too much credit, but their "Season Pass" portion of the website includes all forms of Ikon, Legends, Roots, Bullshit passes, and then they specifically use that term and don't single out "Anytime Legends" pass only on any announcement. So I'm thinking that anything other than a day pass is free parking all year, basically just like this year.

Name:  2022-04-21 08_19_10-(3) Facebook — Mozilla Firefox.png
Views: 593
Size:  30.3 KB
    That's the way I understood it as well. Anything but day pass has free parking.

Looking at it again, I think you may be right. So no need to pay for parking, any days, if you have Anytime Legends, Midweek Roots, Ikon Full or Ikon Base. I noticed it doesn't include Ikon Session in that group, so maybe Crystal will make them pay for parking. Although Crystal includes a "Shop for Ikon" link on their season pass page and when you click on that, it has Ikon Session pass. And for this year, Crystal specifically says Ikon Session doesn't have to pay for parking. So I would refuse to pay for parking with an Ikon Session pass as well.

And good to memorialize Crystal's policies by posting screen shots here. I don't trust the bastards and feel they will continue to tweak the rules. Waybackmachine only captures so much on their website.

Here's a Crystal parking brain teaser:

So I I buy a 5 day Wild Card pass, which is only good on weekdays, do I have to pay for parking on Friday?

What if I buy a Spring Wild Card, which is good on weekdays and weekends, do I have to pay for parking Friday, Saturday, and Sunday?

Does Crystal offer the Simply Everything Plus Plan?

https://youtu.be/e4dcwCgv3ME

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

How quickly everyone forgets that Crystal has backtracked on policies, after announcement or implementation, more than a handful of times the past few years. What they set now as policy has little bearing on what will actually be implemented and for how long come next season.

A public apology admitting the error of their ways, or changing circumstances will be issued, and folks will continue showing up unabated.

This is getting dizzying figuring out how to ski there....

Sadly, Xtal has always known they have a captive audience and have exploited that under all recent ownerships. I wish I felt their BS would actually erode their customer base but it hasn't in the past and I doubt it will now or in the future. The likelihood is that the only ones who will abandon them are the midweek-tailgate-lunch-bring your own beers- crowd (like most of us are), and I suspect they're fine seeing us disappear. It is a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    How quickly everyone forgets that Crystal has backtracked on policies, after announcement or implementation, more than a handful of times the past few years. What they set now as policy has little bearing on what will actually be implemented and for how long come next season.

A public apology admitting the error of their ways, or changing circumstances will be issued, and folks will continue showing up unabated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

On another thread someone (I think here) pointed out that between Crystal/Stevens/Snoqualmie, the three day trip hills within 2 hours, there's only 5000 acres for what's a now 4million greater Puget Sound population...

Just bought my pass + the ladyfriend for next year with the Affirm shit and I can't believe it's basically adding a fucking nice car payment to my bills for the next 6 months.

Old ski shop, rental, office, ticket booth gone.

Groomers skied great, no lines, sun in the morning, clouds and storm rolled back in at 11:00.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0598_LI.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	413986  
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Much nicer view. They should tear down the other one too.

And that piece of shit church

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Paid parking is what all the nw areas are shooting for and why not, it’s like printing$ goes against principles of equal access in the sups but who’s gonna sue?

Open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday through Memorial Day

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday through Memorial Day
    That's great news. Hoping for some sunny slush laps for my birthday!

Did I miss an announcement?