Page 31 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Harsh View Post
    The porta potty based finger painting at Xtal just got serious.
    There was a stall at Alpental someone finger painted “I cook your food”
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    There was a stall at Alpental someone finger painted “I cook your food”
    Amazing. Clever, gross, and funny at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Crystal: $40 to park and you get to bring your own Camping Money.

That should be their new slogan. It's a winner...

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    In Crystal’s defense this is a common fail for first time portajohn customers. The vendor only supplies two rolls with each cleaning. You kinda have to get burned once to learn to prestock extra rolls.
    This may be true but this isn't the first year they've had the toilets out there.

They've also got locks on half of them, I don't know their intended purpose but I can't see a way it points to good planning.

Literal shitshow.
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    countdown to someone bitching at you to harden the fuck up....
    Harden up like a frozen poocano.

Shitlagmite?
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Here's the email Crystal just sent out to people with reservations this weekend
    A WORD ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING RESERVATION AT CRYSTAL MOUNTAIN

As we head into our fourth weekend since opening in November, there is a lot to be thankful for. Early snow made for good skiing and riding. While we have now seen the need for new snow the last few days, a sustained snow cycle looks like it is headed our way beginning Saturday into the afternoon with big accumulation coming Sunday and beyond. If it delivers, we should be set up for the holidays with all 2600 acres open for skiing and riding.

First and foremost, our primary objective is to manage Crystal Mountain capacity to provide skiing and riding to the greatest number of guests that we can accommodate without compromising our COVID mitigation standards. Many will remember we acknowledged getting it wrong the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. We adjusted and, based on the feedback we heard, it’s been much improved since. With room still to get it further dialed in.

We also want to thank our valued Ikon passholders for many things. Your commitment to Ikon and Crystal. Your support of the new normal – planning, booking, and reserving ahead, your patience, your respect for your fellow guests and most of all your support of our collective COVID mitigation behavior. Your practices are helping to keep all of us safe and keep Crystal open.

As we head towards this weekend, here’s a few helpful tips:

We are seeing a fair number of canceled reservations each day. Some well in advance, and most on the day before or day of the original reservation.
    For this coming weekend, we’d graciously remind all our Ikon Pass holders, if you are not going to visit Crystal please log into your account to cancel your reservation(s), as far in advance as is practical. This as a courtesy to others who can’t currently get a reservation. Think of the penny trays at convenience stores – take one or leave one. Your cancelation will allow your fellow passholder to ski/ride, and their future cancelation will do the same for you. We hope you will Cancel with Care – for others. Our friends at Mt. Bachelor in Oregon call it ‘Cancel Karma’ and we like that idea too.
    For those who have not been able to obtain preferred reservations, do not give up hope – the reality is that so far this season, there have been unclaimed reservations available every single day we’ve been open, even on weekends.
    Equally – as we also experience cancelations from our other ‘local’ pass holders, we will be adding in new reservation capacity for Ikon Pass holders – another reason to revisit the site often. The number of available reservations is dynamic and tends to grow rather than shrink.
    So basically
    Name:  4pvnpq.jpg
Views: 1587
Size:  81.5 KB

change for a nickel... from the tray at the convenience store

I'm so f*cking pissed. I recently planned a JH trip for feb. Jumped on the site yesterday as I knew the deadline for purchasing passes was yesterday. After searching and digging deep in the site figured out the upgrade to include JHMR is called a base plus and for some reason you can't upgrade online and you have to call them. So I try calling them yesterday afternoon and wait on hold until the line goes dead at 3PM PST (which is 4pm PST). They close at 4 so they just drop all the holding calls at that time? No where on their site did it mention a deadline for that upgrade. What a poorly run fucking company. It's not that hard. Staff accordingly or lease it out. JFC! I tried calling again today and gave up after an hour. Not acceptable. What flunkie is running the show there?

Looks like Crystal has added more spots on their reservation system? I see every weekend in January/February has availability now...

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    I'm so f*cking pissed. I recently planned a JH trip for feb. Jumped on the site yesterday as I knew the deadline for purchasing passes was yesterday. After searching and digging deep in the site figured out the upgrade to include JHMR is called a base plus and for some reason you can't upgrade online and you have to call them. So I try calling them yesterday afternoon and wait on hold until the line goes dead at 3PM PST (which is 4pm PST). They close at 4 so they just drop all the holding calls at that time? No where on their site did it mention a deadline for that upgrade. What a poorly run fucking company. It's not that hard. Staff accordingly or lease it out. JFC! I tried calling again today and gave up after an hour. Not acceptable. What flunkie is running the show there?
    Flunkie? You can't flunk outta business school. Alterra full of the best of the best MBA hacks.

Quote Originally Posted by powder_to_the_people View Post
    Looks like Crystal has added more spots on their reservation system? I see every weekend in January/February has availability now...
    Thanks for the heads up. Skiing at Crystal this year is like a four month long chess game.

Well this confirms that you can ride 3x without a reservation before any consequences are imposed. That news isn't gonna help with the pow day overcrowding.
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJFTGKY...d=diochoqqu8ef

Long shot, but looking for a reservation for two on 12/24. Let me know if you will be canceling one for that day.
    You Will Respect My Authoritah!

Shout out to the jongiest, hooked me up for 12/24!
    You Will Respect My Authoritah!

I made a reservation for a family member who decided not to go. I could not cancel her ticket on my eventbrite page, so I edited it and filled it out with bogus information.
    I know I could have cancelled the entire reservation, but I didn't want to lose the three remaining reservations.

Maybe I missed an option, any hints here? I'm not going to cancel the whole reservation and hope that I can recover the tickets from these sold out days.

That said, Frank seems to be getting dialed in on the masks. Yesterday on another F lot parkout day, staff was surveying the lines for mask compliance and that had a positive effect on mask searing. Good to see folks taking it seriously.

Some good storms coming in.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Fuck you Crystal.

Got an email last night offering a weekday A lot parking pass for $499. If you already have one you'll know how assholish this is.

Fuck you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Is A lot filling up with pass holders on week days?

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Fuck you Crystal.

Got an email last night offering a weekday A lot parking pass for $499. If you already have one you'll know how assholish this is.

Fuck you.
    tell us more

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Is A lot filling up with pass holders on week days?
    apparently not sufficiently!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer-Down View Post
    tell us more
    Parking passes required years long waitlisting to get. Took me 5 years.

Cost nearly $1200 this year (I know, privilege, 1st world problem). They were under $500 when I got in.

Those of us with previous parking passes were given a deadline to re-purchase this year (as always) and told it was the last year we'd be guaranteed a pass.

The day after the deadline (when we pulled the trigger on the purchase) they announced their new 'locals' passes, some of which included skiing and parking. I think the weekday version with parking cost around $1000 total. Had I known that I would have deferred my IKON and not renewed my parking pass.

I'm into this season, with parking, around $1800.
    My unlimited pass is not unlimited due to reservation requirements.
    I can't 'just go' skiing which is what an unlimited pass means to most of us.
    I can't get a weekend res for the most part, even if I wanted one, which I usually don't.
    'Local' passes have better/different access to reservations.

I could have been doing exactly the same kind of skiing I'm doing now (weekdays) for nearly a $1000 less if they had been up front about what new pass offerings were forthcoming, which they weren't.

Now they offer up this screaming deal for anyone who wants it. Even if I'd kept my IKON and bought the new $499 parking pass I'd be saving huge $. They set us up knowing we'd hang onto the parking and pay up.

Feels pretty much like getting involuntarily fucked, and they don't even buy you dinner first.

Ugh, that’s fucking terrible.

I love Crystal terrain but that’s rough.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Parking passes required years long waitlisting to get. Took me 5 years.

Cost nearly $1200 this year (I know, privilege, 1st world problem). They were under $500 when I got in.

Those of us with previous parking passes were given a deadline to re-purchase this year (as always) and told it was the last year we'd be guaranteed a pass.

The day after the deadline (when we pulled the trigger on the purchase) they announced their new 'locals' passes, some of which included skiing and parking. I think the weekday version with parking cost around $1000 total. Had I known that I would have deferred my IKON and not renewed my parking pass.

I'm into this season, with parking, around $1800.
    My unlimited pass is not unlimited due to reservation requirements.
    I can't 'just go' skiing which is what an unlimited pass means to most of us.
    I can't get a weekend res for the most part, even if I wanted one, which I usually don't.
    'Local' passes have better/different access to reservations.

I could have been doing exactly the same kind of skiing I'm doing now (weekdays) for nearly a $1000 less if they had been up front about what new pass offerings were forthcoming, which they weren't.

Now they offer up this screaming deal for anyone who wants it. Even if I'd kept my IKON and bought the new $499 parking pass I'd be saving huge $. They set us up knowing we'd hang onto the parking and pay up.

Feels pretty much like getting involuntarily fucked, and they don't even buy you dinner first.
    Not to rank on Crystal as it's not where I ski nor have I ever but, that's really, really bad customer relations. They're throwing their loyal, past customers under the bus while inviting JONGs to the same access but for a lot less money? They're taking a lot of liberty with your loyalties. Poor form.

Pretty sure they offered the $500 weekday parking pass months ago, pretty much right when they announced the $1200 pass. Should just charge everyone $300 for a season parking pass, $700 for A lot.

Oh, and keep policies consistent from start to finish rather than a bunch of bait and swtich
    Last edited by XavierD; 01-07-2021 at 03:47 PM.

Exactly, and it's not the first time that vibe has been prevalent, even under previous ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Not to rank on Crystal as it's not where I ski nor have I ever but, that's really, really bad customer relations. They're throwing their loyal, past customers under the bus while inviting JONGs to the same access but for a lot less money? They're taking a lot of liberty with your loyalties. Poor form.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Pretty sure they offered the $500 weekday parking pass months ago, pretty much right when they announced the $1200 pass.
    It was literally the day after our $1200 deadline that the $500 pass was announced.