Page 25 of 79 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

was just about to post this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stairmaster View Post
    Sounds like your pass will scan if you don't have a reservation! "You could lose your privileges" - get fucked Alterra

Need Alta snob to see if this is even legal. I'm having a hard time finding my paperwork I signed when I bought my UNLIMITED not LIMTED RESERVATION season pass.

Attachment 349415
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

My guess is that Crystal never planned / doesn't want to have this reservation system at all but one of Alterra's lawyers has told them that they have to have a way to "manage capacity" to stay within the bounds of the state COVID mitigation efforts. Given that any pass user who went up without a reservation could say the system glitched, they thought they had a reservation, they went, and nothing seemed unusual to them; I doubt Crystal will actually enforce this at all. Particularly without some sort of warning system in place first.

I imagine there are still pass holders out there who've gone up (or plan to) who are unaware of the whole reservation system at all.

This is so *ucked. My son is in the freeride program and my daughter in multi week lessons. Both on Sundays starting in January, yet we can't make reservations for those days? That doesn't work at all. They shouldn't be allowing people to buy single day tickets in advance at this point unless there is capacity like 24 hours in advance. We need to collectively email, fb , twitter, etc Frank DeBerry... I'm into them for about $5k at this point. and to make it worse they are still marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Ow_My_Balls View Post
    Are you looking for single day tickets or Ikon reservations?
    For single tickets go here:
    https://book.crystalmountainresort.c...startYear=2020
    I was pretty psyched when I clicked on that link and saw single day tickets for $49 this week! Then I found out that's for the beginner chair only. Normal tickets are $108!!

It's pretty messed up that I can buy an adult single day ticket for Thanksgiving day but I can't make an Ikon reservation for that day.

Double plus cool that all their website phone numbers to go "you have entered an invalid destination number" so they don't have to deal with anyone.

It's possible that ticket you can buy for Thanksgiving day is for Discovery chair only....?

Quote Originally Posted by ptavv View Post
    It's pretty messed up that I can buy an adult single day ticket for Thanksgiving day but I can't make an Ikon reservation for that day.

Double plus cool that all their website phone numbers to go "you have entered an invalid destination number" so they don't have to deal with anyone.

Something else they didn't think about. It is fucked and while I'm glad that's no longer my life as it was for many years I'm sorry you have to deal with it.

I'm curious how they're accommodating CMACers and Freeride program-er tickets? Guaranteed tix with enrollment no matter what or do you have to make a reservation for them too?

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    This is so *ucked. My son is in the freeride program and my daughter in multi week lessons. Both on Sundays starting in January, yet we can't make reservations for those days? That doesn't work at all. They shouldn't be allowing people to buy single day tickets in advance at this point unless there is capacity like 24 hours in advance. We need to collectively email, fb , twitter, etc Frank DeBerry... I'm into them for about $5k at this point. and to make it worse they are still marketing

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    It's possible that ticket you can buy for Thanksgiving day is for Discovery chair only....?
    No, it's a full day all lift adult ticket. They aren't offering Discovery-only tickets on holidays.

I just want to take my daughter up and dork around, but I can't unless I pay them.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    I'm curious how they're accommodating CMACers and Freeride program-er tickets? Guaranteed tix with enrollment no matter what or do you have to make a reservation for them too?
    A friend of mine with some kids in CMAC showed me the email all the parents got. Basically it said, "Reserve all the weekend days you can, then as you use them roll them forward. If you don't have a reservation come anyway, Crystal promised us they'd make it work."

Quote Originally Posted by Ow_My_Balls View Post
    Holy crap, all weekend days in January except Sunday the 31st are booked. Also my "10 days" are not refreshing (guessing it's a glitch from a future day that I've since canceled) so it's limiting my ability to book anything else.
    This happened to me. I noticed two things, when you click on a date to reserve it, the reservations counter is telling you what you'll have left *including the reservation you've got selected*. So if you have 1 reservation available and you click on a date to make a reservation, it will tell you have 0 available while you have that date selected. Which is super counter-intuitive.

Also, if it's the same day that you used a reservation that number doesn't seem to reset until midnight or something, though you can cancel the reservation when you get home and I think it gives it back to you immediately then (though the Crystal audit might then flag you as an user without a reservation I guess).

Might be time to epic off US-2...

The Alterra overlords just NOW released more days in December for pass holders. Get them while you can.

A bunch of weekends in Dec are now open. Since there won't be any reservations after 12/25 I canceled everything in January and booked out December.

What a bunch of cunts tho. Even though I love xtal, this will be my last year there after this fuckery.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Tons more reservations became available at noon. No dates are blacked out. Better get 'em while you can.

It's a reservation bloodsport....

The Alterra overlords just NOW released more days in December for pass holders. Get them while you can.

A bunch of weekends in Dec are now open. Since there won't be any reservations after 12/25 I canceled everything in January and booked out December.

What a bunch of cunts tho. Even though I love xtal, this will be my last year there after this fuckery.

Why no reservations after 12/25?

Crystal Mountain Becomes Alterra

Careful, that’s only for CM local passes which are midweek only passes for Jan and Feb. Ikon passes still require reservations after 12/25.

Which is a whole other messed up issue.

Edit: O_M_B is fast on the copy paste!
    Our great works of human enterprise will fade away with time. The mountain will endure. ~nps

How naive do you have to be to imagine that "please don't hoard reservations" will affect anyone's behavior?

The whole reason that many people buy unlimited passes is to have flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Why no reservations after 12/25?
    That's local passes only... so far... today.

Reservations will be required for all the local categories through December 25. We will not require reservations starting December 26 because most of these local products are not valid on weekends and holidays when demand and capacity limits are stretched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I cancelled in my 11/22 reservation after I got home from skiing in order to book a future date. Hopefully I won't get dinged for it. It would be nice if your available days updated as soon as your pass is scanned. I shouldn't have to sit around until midnight to reserve another day.

Edit: my account shows my pass was scanned so hopefully there is some checking between scans and reservations and not just a record showing that I cancelled at 4 PM the day of my reservation.

The pathetic effort and incompetence is mind blowing. Honestly if they can’t completely untuck themselves I wouldn’t be satisfied with anything less than the GM’s resignation as an embarrassment to human nature.

Name:  hate.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  61.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    It's a reservation bloodsport....
    Cage matches under the umbrella for reservation dates
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

I did exactly this after skiing Friday. It will be interesting to see if it gets flagged as a day without a reservation....... another system bit they'll need to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by nwslider View Post
    I cancelled in my 11/22 reservation after I got home from skiing in order to book a future date. Hopefully I won't get dinged for it. It would be nice if your available days updated as soon as your pass is scanned. I shouldn't have to sit around until midnight to reserve another day.

Edit: my account shows my pass was scanned so hopefully there is some checking between scans and reservations and not just a record showing that I cancelled at 4 PM the day of my reservation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    FWIW we arrived at 8:15 On Saturday and got a pretty good spot in B-lot.

Thanks for the intel Dromond and Xavier. Sharing my experience, we got there on Sunday around 11am, and found a spot at the end of B-lot. Mountain was pretty empty, no lift lines. Great afternoon to get back in the swing of things. How bad were the lift lines on Saturday?