Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Interbike 2018

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Ya Pilgrim isn’t doing the same tricks as he’s doing on his dirt jumper but I’d imagine he’s doing roughly the same as his dh bike.
    I'm skeptical. I've been riding my DH bike a bunch recently, and that thing is noticeably easier to move around than the Shuttle I rode. Sure, the DH bike is a bit lighter, but the Shuttle also has 60mm less travel and the head angle is ~3 degrees steeper, so it's noteworthy that the DH bike feels more agile. But to be fair, I'm not throwing much for tricks other than some little whippy things and the occasional schleybletop.

Yeah, except that they aren't maneuverable in tight spaces due to all that weight, as Toast mentioned above. I don't buy it for a second. They'll keep trying to make them lighter, cause... duh.

Most modern dh bikes are close to 10lbs lighter than that shuttle. If you’ve been riding your 10 lb lighter bike a bunch it’d make sense it’d take some getting used too. Rake out the front end of that shuttle so you feel safe enough at speed to play. Make the fork 170 and 160 in the rear and I think you’d be pushing it hard enough in a couple days to get close to the dh bike. Small dirt jumps I’d bet the shuttle would hold its own. I’d prefer a dh bike for bike park jump trails. At the park I prefer to play from a position of comfort rather than a sketchy short travel steep ha twitch machine

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Yeah, except that they aren't maneuverable in tight spaces due to all that weight, as Toast mentioned above. I don't buy it for a second. They'll keep trying to make them lighter, cause... duh.
    They could be maneuverable on tight steep gnar trails. Some anyway. That shuttle has the shimano motor so you can keep the stays short and playful. It’s just lacking travel and slackness for steep. Point it down raked out and with more travel and it’ll come alive.
    I’m not interested in those Bosch or Yamaha motors. There placement means 460mm chainstay. They’ll be sluggish

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    They could be maneuverable on tight steep gnar trails. Some anyway. That shuttle has the shimano motor so you can keep the stays short and playful. It’s just lacking travel and slackness for steep. Point it down raked out and with more travel and it’ll come alive.
    I’m not interested in those Bosch or Yamaha motors. There placement means 460mm chainstay. They’ll be sluggish
    I rode an e fat bike with a Bosch motor for a bit. Kind of an irrelevant test of handling because... fat bike. But I thought the power delivery on the Bosch was a bit smoother than the shimano. I could see it being preferable on rolling trails.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I rode an e fat bike with a Bosch motor for a bit. Kind of an irrelevant test of handling because... fat bike. But I thought the power delivery on the Bosch was a bit smoother than the shimano. I could see it being preferable on rolling trails.
    The transporter ebikes seem to use the Bosch a lot. I guess they’re best for heavy loads. One bike I saw weighed close to 100lbs with a front payload of 260lbs and 100lb on the back rack plus the rider. Could be 500lbs total. I think that was a “yuba”. Millennial mini van
    For mt bikes it’d be nice if they offered smaller lighter batteries that were interchangeable or 2 batteries to keep the weight more central(one small one on the seat tube and one on the down tube). Those current downtube batteries would feel like a monster t on the front . Fazua motor with a half battery in the tube and a half in your pack = 34-35lb bike. Or full battery for the ascent and the half for the descent. Full battery on those is 5 lbs