Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Darn Tough Ski Socks

I wore Darn Tough socks hiking the Pacific Crest Trail this year (as do most others) and I, like others, swear by them for hiking long distance and every day use but I've never tried their ski socks. Anyone here wears them for skiing?

No, I would probably use a compression sock

there are lots of different compression socks
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Darn Tough Ski Socks

I have a couple of pairs. I have used one pair 2x a week for full ten hour ski days and they are about to go into their third season with about the same wear as a month old pair of Smartwool socks.

Amazing socks, I will be buying another couple pairs this season.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I've worn the for a few years. Great socks. I like them better then then others I have worn. They don't seem to pile as much. Last year I started mixing in a compression sock and think I prefer them most of the time.
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

Good socks I have a few pairs I use regularly. I believe they have one that's pretty thin with little to no seams. They're my favorite.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

I basically only buy darn toughs now for all sock needs

For skiing I like a nice thin ski sock and their lights and ultra lights are good depending on how thin you like to go. even the ultra thins have held up when all our others get holey

thread drift but I do want to try some of those compression socks though
    my friend said "they are comfortable once on, they just take 5-10 minutes to get on in the beginning" lol
    skid luxury

they are the best ski socks i've ever used, well worth the investment

ski 8-10 hrs a day and they hold up real nice, just the right padding in the right spots and mine show little to no wear rotating two pair of darn tough with another brand i cant remember the name of...

^^^^same. Not used anything other than darn tough skiing for the past 3 years, and now running and to work. They rule.

Lifetime guarantee as well. My wife wore through a pair (I have no idea how!), mailed them in and got a new pair. That’s a fucking guarantee.

I too have been paid to whore for Darn Tough socks. I love them, they are the best.

Hmmm, I had a pretty good ski sock quiver but I finally need to re-up on ski socks.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

It's all I wear now. The Darn Tough RFL (Really Fuckin Light) kicks ass.

they’re the most durable thin ski sock i own. i prefer the ultralight icebreaker socks because the l/r shapes mean less fabric under little toes. the darn toughs last way longer.

Big fan of their ski socks and others. Their ski socks make my Smartwool and Stoic (bough cheap on sale) look like crap.

I have some smart wool compression ski socks that are good stuff. Really thin and stays in place well.

Based on this thread the DT seems like a good brand to stalk on sale too.
    Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    I basically only buy darn toughs now for all sock needs

For skiing I like a nice thin ski sock and their lights and ultra lights are good depending on how thin you like to go. even the ultra thins have held up when all our others get holey

thread drift but I do want to try some of those compression socks though
    my friend said "they are comfortable once on, they just take 5-10 minutes to get on in the beginning" lol

Own 5 pairs, and they're all I wear. No point in anything else. Wasn't aware they even had a dedicated ski sock

Started wearing their light ski socks for touring last season and love them. Top of my sock quiver.
    27° 18°

I've been wearing Darn Tough hiking sox for years. Best goddam mountain socks ever.

I plan to try DT skis sox. We've been happy with Icebreaker ski socks -- until holes form. All of our Icebreaker sox were bought on sale for cheap and all have been replaced per lifetime warranty.

I prefer synthetic ski sox for spring/summer touring.

Yeah, thinner is better.

Found DT 2 seasons ago on sale on amazon, been very happy with them

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Found DT 2 seasons ago on sale on amazon, been very happy with them
    Ditto on the Darn tough socks. I don’t know how they do it but I cannot find a way to wear a hole in them. I don’t have experience with their ski socks though. There have been some comments in the thread about compression socks. I have found that Pro Compression is the toughest socks I have found if you are looking for something measuring mmhg . I used to run a lot and would tear holes in other brands. They have discount codes often. BOGO has worked for buy one get one free. I really like skiing in them.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    It's all I wear now. The Darn Tough RFL (Really Fuckin Light) kicks ass.
    I've seen reviews that they run small? Is that true, or just a jong's eye view?

I've been wearing the Smartwool ultra-light w/ "light compression" i.e. fits real tight, but no mmHg rating that I'm aware of. My feet appreciate the tight fit, but after two seasons a couple pairs need to be replaced and I'm leaning towards trying out the Darn Tough RFL. If they fit as tight as the reviewers imply, I think I'm gonna be in good shape.

Love the DT hiking socks I own, when I'm ready for ski socks will definitely be trying those out.

Good deals on steepandcheap: https://www.steepandcheap.com/Store/...+ski+socks&s=u

Wife wore holes through 3 pairs wearing around house and shoes. None lasted a full winter.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    I've been wearing Darn Tough hiking sox for years. Best goddam mountain socks ever.

I plan to try DT skis sox. We've been happy with Icebreaker ski socks -- until holes form. All of our Icebreaker sox were bought on sale for cheap and all have been replaced per lifetime warranty.

I prefer synthetic ski sox for spring/summer touring.

Yeah, thinner is better.
    Love my IB's as well, but almost all of the toes have holes.
    Did not realize they have a lifetime warranty.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Wife wore holes through 3 pairs wearing around house and shoes. None lasted a full winter.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Was she wearing them outside her shoes? ha
    I'm surprised by this as my DT socks have waaaayyyy outlasted my Smartwools. Which model of sock if you know?
    Also, did she warranty them?