Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    And tell her to cut her nails.

Darn Tough Ski Socks

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Was she wearing them outside her shoes? ha
    I'm surprised by this as my DT socks have waaaayyyy outlasted my Smartwools. Which model of sock if you know?
    Also, did she warranty them?
    Haven’t warrantied yet. I don’t know model. Worn outside inside shoes and boots. Our house has faux wood, vinyl, and carpet. Her nails are shorter than mine. Worn out in the heels.

Yeah I can’t wrap my head around the lifetime warranty. I have two pair that are in heavy rotation and they haven’t worn through yet, but they will soon. I’ve gotten more wears and use out of them than any other sock I’ve used previously though. I’d feel guilty about sending them in for replacement. Shit has a lifespan and I feel like the lifespan of these socks was more than adequate.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Tell her to use some cream on her dry ass heels if she is ripping through socks. Damn....her feet must be nasty.

Hey now!

Her feet are just fine. Better lubed than mine. And they only get “nasty” when I ask.

What’s surprising me in this thread is about peeps wearing through ski socks. I’ve had thousands of long days on several pairs with wear issues. I have ultra thin smartwool swag from the 1999 winter OR that are holding up great. And some get double duty on dirt rides on heavy poison oak trails.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Hey now!

Her feet are just fine. Better lubed than mine. And they only get “nasty” when I ask.

What’s surprising me in this thread is about peeps wearing through ski socks. I’ve had thousands of long days on several pairs with wear issues. I have ultra thin smartwool swag from the 1999 winter OR that are holding up great. And some get double duty on dirt rides on heavy poison oak trails.
    I’m just kidding....my feet are awful so I have no room to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    I’m just kidding....my feet are awful so I have no room to talk.
    Twss

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

Dissent compression socks ftw https://www.dissentlabs.com/collections/all

Darn Tough Ski Socks

I have CEPs which run super thin which I love, I barely wash, rarely smell, and don’t appear to have an end life. I have never been happier over paying for a sock. Help me understand boot fit too which is invaluable. Bought 2 pair. Likely 5+ seasons of value.
    Uno mas

I have 3 pairs and love them. One pair developed a small hole, followed the return process and got a credit back to buy another pair. Darn tough for life!

DTs are good, but long before they truly wear out, they lose that comfortable feeling. Not interested in them until they offer a true compression sock. My CEPs have lasted long enough for me to get bored with the color and get additional pairs just for a change in scenery.

Threw all other socks out and only run darn tough ultra rfl. I've got what seems to be 3 different generations of them, the red ones I bought were noticeably thicker so I don't mix them with the black. Great durability and fit

Fits make a great ski sock as well. I wear darn toughs daily and own their ski socks but prefer the ultralight fits.

DT are great and I still use the for touring but the farm to feet ultra light ski socks are the best for alpine boots. They use ptfe in the sock to make sliding your foot into the liner easier. They are tight so it takes a little effort to get them on but no bunching or excess material once they are on.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

I have work through a few pairs. Hiking socks that I wear very regularly. Dry feet will eat them up. I been meaning to send mine back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Best socks I’ve ever owned. About the only socks on my feet from November - May. My feet are some rough dried out messes. Way longer life than smartwools and the warranty turns this into a subscription - $25for the initial sock and about $3 in postage for a new pair.

The best. Made in VT! I wish they made a compression ski sock though

Quote Originally Posted by MMMSKI View Post
    The best. Made in VT! I wish they made a compression ski sock though
    I wish they made Merino base layers . . .

I'm in the minority, I have 2 pairs of DTs and have been underwhelmed by both of them. The ski socks don't have enough stretch to stay up over my calves and fall down when I'm touring and the hiking socks just feel scratchy. I probably won't be wearing them out any time soon since they are the last socks I reach for.

For years DT's are the only socks I use for ski hike run work etc. At this rate I won't look elsewhere. I also try and gift them as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Yeah I can’t wrap my head around the lifetime warranty....... I’d feel guilty about sending them in for replacement. Shit has a lifespan and I feel like the lifespan of these socks was more than adequate.

I agree ZZZ, I don't get the warranty. I figured it was for the lifetime of the sock (a few seasons) but it appears it's for the lifetime of the person. Relative to big brand socks they are expensive and it's obviously built into their business model. Maybe hardly anyone tries to use it? I'm going to give the warranty a shot when a few pairs blow out shortly...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have three pair that have been in a rotation of five or six for about eight years. They are my go-to socks and I rotate them onto my feet more often than all the others combined. I probably have a hundred or so days on each. They show no signs of wear but are a bit stiff around the toes, soles, and heels. Still very comfortable in the boot and they have no problem staying up on my Popeye calves. I have socks that are more comfortable, thinner, offer more compression, but none of them are as burly. I have a lot of Darn Tough hiking socks and they are stellar as well.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

Quote Originally Posted by telepariah View Post
    I have three pair that have been in a rotation of five or six for about eight years. They are my go-to socks and I rotate them onto my feet more often than all the others combined. I probably have a hundred or so days on each. They show no signs of wear but are a bit stiff around the toes, soles, and heels. Still very comfortable in the boot and they have no problem staying up on my Popeye calves. I have socks that are more comfortable, thinner, offer more compression, but none of them are as burly. I have a lot of Darn Tough hiking socks and they are stellar as well.
    I think that Smartwools tend to fit and feel better initially (probably more spandex?). Darn Toughs are 10x more durable though.

DT and Point6 are the go-tos

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    the DT casual socks are fantastic also. Really comfortable, wick moisture, no signs of wear after a year or so of moderate use.

I have had a plethora of smartwool ski socks, some thin and some thick, that have been in steady rotation, but they're starting to show wear. May need some DT ski socks, I have some low DT socks for trail running that are really nice.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I love the DTs, although for touring anyway they've been edged out by the Bridgedales. But I have 4 or 5 pair of DT ski socks I keep for inbounds use... they've lasted ~5 years already and show every indication of lasting forever.

I also like their hiking socks and just casual wool socks for wearing with nicer boots etc in the winter. Awesome company.